NBC: Hate crimes spike following the Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:14:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  NBC: Hate crimes spike following the Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: NBC: Hate crimes spike following the Election  (Read 5709 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2016, 07:32:16 PM »

I guess since the Mexican Americans feelings are hurt we should stay in NAFTA and go to war with Russia over Putin Sad
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 07:32:27 PM »

There are hate and property crimes being committed by both sides. It's inexcusable to defend either side.

I don't see any Trump's supporter here defending it. Do you?

I didn't suggest anybody on here is.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 07:32:42 PM »

No, it's not a by-product. It's very much present and part of what gave him so many votes in the Midwest. You guys would be much better off owning it than trying to shrug it off or dismiss it. The first part of solving any problem is admitting that there is one.

Yes, it is. If you have some evidence, that "present and part of what gave him so many votes in the Midwest" you are welcome.

According to LBP and other Trump Trolls, we all should just be in jail. Because of 1 in 50 of our adult population behind bars is anarchy!

According to me, criminals belong to jail. IDK if you are criminal. If you are, you "should just be in jail", yes.

Evidence? lol, if you seriously can't find anything that Trump said even remotely racist or coded, I don't know what to tell you. As for voters in the Midwest, many of them feel like they might have no place in this country in the future. Yes, many things factor into those feelings which are not related to race, but xenophobia is there too. They feel threatened by immigrants, by changes in American culture, by seeing people who aren't like them achieve more success than they used to. They bought into Trump's narrative that their misfortunes can be blamed on people like Mexican immigrants and Syrian refugees. The sad irony, of course, is that their real enemy should be... well, people like Donald Trump. Someone who has actually benefited from the system at their expense.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2016, 07:33:04 PM »

I guess since the Mexican Americans feelings are hurt we should stay in NAFTA and go to war with Russia over Putin Sad
Stop building strawmen
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2016, 07:49:39 PM »

Stop building strawmen
The poor Clinton corps and their feelings! A pity!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2016, 07:50:52 PM »

Trump should have denounced all and every single incidents of hate crimes committed by his supporters, condemned every endorsement from the likes of the KKK and David Duke,  as his own actions such as re-tweeting White Supremacist racist images and quotes, goes well beyond even the "dog whistles" of Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and George H.W. Bush.

There is a reason that Trump is the darling of the White Nationalists, even beyond his campaign rhetoric regarding mass deportations, "law and order" that apparently only applies to heavily Black cities and neighborhoods, not to mention singling out religious minorities (Muslim-Americans) for "special treatment"

A failure to denounce the Extreme Right means that these incidents of hate crimes are directly laid upon the doorstep of President Elect Trump. He needs to immediately condemn hate crimes, or else he will be complicit and continue to feed the fire of the Fascists and Neo-Nazi political underground.

dirks

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2016, 07:53:13 PM »

Graffiti is a hate crime?

people are such oversensitive pansies these days. Man up buttercup
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2016, 07:56:12 PM »

That's not a response to what I said.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2016, 07:56:17 PM »

Evidence? lol, if you seriously can't find anything that Trump said even remotely racist or coded, I don't know what to tell you.
No, I can't.   Mexicans bringing crime is true. "Rapists — some are good people" is, of course, an oversimplified and very exaggerating statement. But everyone understood, that he didn't mean it literally.

However, we were talking about  "present and part of what gave him so many votes in the Midwest".
My claim is and has always been, that Trump didn't win thanks to being too impulsive and careless, but despite that.

If he's rhetoric was a bit more soften and polished, he'd win in landslide. His base would anyway vote for him. But he'd also would competitive among Hispanics and win white col-edu women etc.

As for voters in the Midwest, many of them feel like they might have no place in this country in the future. Yes, many things factor into those feelings which are not related to race, but xenophobia is there too. They feel threatened by immigrants, by changes in American culture, by seeing people who aren't like them achieve more success than they used to. They bought into Trump's narrative that their misfortunes can be blamed on people like Mexican immigrants and Syrian refugees. The sad irony, of course, is that their real enemy should be... well, people like Donald Trump. Someone who has actually benefited from the system at their expense.

Stop it. You don't know what they feel. No one didn't care about them and, by the way, Dems never cared about Blacks either and took their votes for granted. Not even Obama's campaigning changed it. Trump seems to get largest share of Blacks (especially black men) then other Republicans. Think about it!

Trump might be a really good president, because he is an ideological one. And he doesn't need to be Republican or Democrat. He doesn't really care about the future of both parties. And as President he should not. Obama never understood it/dared. Despite his promises about "Time of Change".
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2016, 07:58:09 PM »

This happened in West Virginia today:

Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2016, 08:02:21 PM »

Trump should have denounced all and every single incidents of hate crimes committed by his supporters, condemned every endorsement from the likes of the KKK and David Duke,  as his own actions such as re-tweeting White Supremacist racist images and quotes, goes well beyond even the "dog whistles" of Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and George H.W. Bush.

Obama, Dems and Black community should talk much, much, much more about black heavy overrepresentation in crime statistics.They should denounced that it is sort of acceptable to be criminal in those communities. They should endorse police officers doing a great job.

Clinton and Dems should also denounced all endorsement of the disgusting rapers who romanticise crime, drugs and objectifying of women in their songs and videos.

Etc, etc, etc...
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2016, 08:03:41 PM »

Just a couple to put things into perspective:

Woman with hijab attacked and robbed in LA: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/11/woman_hijab_attack_louisiana.html

This one was made up by the "victim."
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2016, 08:03:58 PM »

Democratic hate crimes are hate crimes as well, folks. Let's not delude ourselves here. But Trump's rhetoric, by dividing us, has also widened the divisions which make hate crimes possible in the first place. If Mexicans, or blacks or Asians were universally thought of in the same terms as are whites, then there would be no racial hate crime, and the same goes for other points of division. While there has never been hope for complete equity, Trump's rhetoric has only served to widen these divisions, and with that comes violence.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2016, 08:14:41 PM »

This happens in New York in 2008. Note that there are many spelling mistakes. Someone with low-education wrote it.

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2016, 08:22:16 PM »

This happens in New York in 2008. Note that there are many spelling mistakes. Someone with low-education wrote it.

Terrifying!

cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2016, 09:06:39 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2016, 09:09:09 PM by cinyc »

The source for the premise of article, the Southern Poverty Law Center, is not an objective observer.  They are a liberal activist group that labels all kinds of constitutionally protected speech as "hate crimes".  The SPLC is a serial exaggerator.  I don't believe a word they say.

And, if you do believe them, they also claim "the last time he saw such a similar rash of attacks was after Obama was elected".  So I guess President-elect Obama was as responsible for a spike in hate "crimes" as President-elect Trump.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2016, 02:54:01 AM »

La Lucha Continua....

Regardless of the Trumpistas and the "Liberal" apologists and collaborators, we will fight back against an unprecedented level of racist violence and attacks against ethnic, racial, and religious minorities in this country.

Sorry for all of you Trump lovers, and Democrats wanting to sing kumbaya, while my friends are being ripped apart from their families and fearing a dramtic expansion of the Obama "Deporter in Chief" regime, my Jewish sister is facing an unprecedented level of anti-semitic racial hatred, and my Black friends throughout America are seeing "President Trump" as yet another old white dude, that has been scapegoading Black folks in a fashion we haven't seen in almost thirty years, IT IS NOT ALL RIGHT.

Sure, Trump is not directly responsible, but he hasn't done s**t to denounce the White supremacist movement that has been backing him to the hilt until today, when he did a half-hearted denunciation of that movement....

F**k Trump.... if he wants to just be a President for only White Folk, he has a major resistance on his hands, from the cities, to the suburbs, college towns, and even in WWC America, which is the roots of my raising....

We fought against the American Front back in the late '80s when they not only tried to build a base in Portland, Oregon and then tried to shift down to the cities of the Willamette Valley (Salem, Albany, Corvallis, Eugene) and we will beat back the Nazis if they try to move again into our communities, just like we did in the late '80s and early '90s when these A**-holes had a fantasy of creating a White Nationalist homeland in the their fantasy universe in the Pacific Northwest based upon some crap novel "Turner Diaries" that their dad probably read to them in a crib when they were nine months old.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2016, 03:13:05 AM »

The country is not coming to an end. If Trump becomes a dictator, he can be impeached.

The point where he becomes a dictator is pretty much exactly the point where he cannot be impeached.
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2016, 04:01:27 AM »

I wonder what would Hilary hacks write here if all these black man being murdered by police happened during the Trump presidency, not the presidency of the first black president. Even though any incident is unfortunate collecting news stories (who knows how many of them are true) and somehow this is Trump's fault is a huge double standard.

Thats a very fair point, and it does go to show how institutionalised racism has become in America. It is something that s going to take a long time and a lot of bioartisan effort to overcome, and the leadership has to come from the President and I hope that Donald Trump does address killings by police in a serious manner
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2016, 06:57:35 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Stop it. You don't know what they feel. No one didn't care about them and, by the way, Dems never cared about Blacks either and took their votes for granted. Not even Obama's campaigning changed it. Trump seems to get largest share of Blacks (especially black men) then other Republicans. Think about it!
[/quote]

Lol, sure, someone from Sweden understands Americans better than I do. Unlike you, I actually know people in other parts of the country, and while I'm not an expert on the Midwest, I hardly think you can claim more expertise on the subject. You clearly have no understanding or desire to understand how people who are terrified of Trump's presidency feel. But that's okay, because we're just terrible people who don't deserve to be listened to or understood. Whatever. I'm done talking to you. Some people who supported Trump and are actually interested in open dialogue might be worth the effort. You're not. Good riddance.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2016, 07:19:21 PM »

Lol, sure, someone from Sweden understands Americans better than I do. Unlike you, I actually know people in other parts of the country, and while I'm not an expert on the Midwest, I hardly think you can claim more expertise on the subject. You clearly have no understanding or desire to understand how people who are terrified of Trump's presidency feel. But that's okay, because we're just terrible people who don't deserve to be listened to or understood. Whatever. I'm done talking to you. Some people who supported Trump and are actually interested in open dialogue might be worth the effort. You're not. Good riddance.
[/quote]

At least, my prediction were better than yours Roll Eyes
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2016, 07:23:27 PM »

[/quote]Damn the man who can't defend Trump is resorting to this.  Sad.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2016, 07:26:41 PM »

Damn the man who can't defend Trump is resorting to this.  Sad.
[/quote]

Defending Trump? Huh
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2016, 07:28:14 PM »

The motive to commit such crimes has no doubt risen, but so has the motive to report such crimes.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2016, 07:29:18 PM »

Damn the man who can't defend Trump is resorting to this.  Sad.
[/quote]dude just ignore LBP. He's a troll who's schtick got old weeks ago. Just treat him how he deserves and ignore him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies