NBC: Hate crimes spike following the Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:42:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  NBC: Hate crimes spike following the Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: NBC: Hate crimes spike following the Election  (Read 5710 times)
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2016, 02:11:16 PM »

Not surprising but sad to hear. You knew Trump's victory would be a victory for bigotry and hatred and you voted for him anyway. While it's not a good thing to say politically, Hillary was absolutely right that a large number of Trump supporters belong in the basket of deplorables.
No? It isn't a victory for bigotry and hatred because opposing illegal immigration isn't bigoted or hateful?

Policing neighborhoods based on religion? Supporting racial profiling? Calling for a test to screen radical Muslims (but not radical racists/sexists/homophobes in general)? Calling immigrants our greatest economic problem, when they actually add to the economy? Referring to different cultures as monolithic blocks ("the Hispanics", for instance)?

Yeah, there's no problem here Roll Eyes
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2016, 02:24:42 PM »

Not surprising but sad to hear. You knew Trump's victory would be a victory for bigotry and hatred and you voted for him anyway. While it's not a good thing to say politically, Hillary was absolutely right that a large number of Trump supporters belong in the basket of deplorables.
No? It isn't a victory for bigotry and hatred because opposing illegal immigration isn't bigoted or hateful?

Policing neighborhoods based on religion? Supporting racial profiling? Calling for a test to screen radical Muslims (but not radical racists/sexists/homophobes in general)? Calling immigrants our greatest economic problem, when they actually add to the economy? Referring to different cultures as monolithic blocks ("the Hispanics", for instance)?

I'd imagine that if there are neighborhoods in Brussels that seem to keep surfacing every time a place in France gets bombed, the Belgiums would police it. This doesn't mean all Muslim neighborhoods. He never said that. You assumed it and the media ran with it.

Racial profiling is something I oppose. But I also oppose nuclear war over muh Syrians, unrestricted immigration and NAFTA, so the scales aren't really balanced here.

The pros and cons of immigration aren't as concrete as you say. They are in your America. Not so much here, where it is up for debate still.

The radial sexists/homophobes in general aren't the ones causing the bloodiest problems. I oppose a religious test. I prefer a blanket regional ban on all people (including Israelis) from that region from entering the country for extended amounts of time.

There wasn't any racism in the Bernie Sanders campaign certainly....wait, there is no problem here right?
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2016, 02:42:25 PM »

I'd imagine that if there are neighborhoods in Brussels that seem to keep surfacing every time a place in France gets bombed, the Belgiums would police it. This doesn't mean all Muslim neighborhoods. He never said that. You assumed it and the media ran with it.

Racial profiling is something I oppose. But I also oppose nuclear war over muh Syrians, unrestricted immigration and NAFTA, so the scales aren't really balanced here.

The pros and cons of immigration aren't as concrete as you say. They are in your America. Not so much here, where it is up for debate still.

The radial sexists/homophobes in general aren't the ones causing the bloodiest problems. I oppose a religious test. I prefer a blanket regional ban on all people (including Israelis) from that region from entering the country for extended amounts of time.

There wasn't any racism in the Bernie Sanders campaign certainly....wait, there is no problem here right?
Nobody is trying to defend what Sanders's campaign did... you're trying to equivocate again. Sanders was wrong and Trump is wrong. You say you oppose nuclear war, yet you support someone who is willing to use nukes "unpredictably", which is anathema to MAD (which is what has prevented war for decades). And nobody is calling for "unrestricted immigration". I think that NAFTA (and free trade and general) is a good thing in the long term, but I acknowledge that that places me in the minority, and I would not want a president to go against the will of Americans to pursue it. About immigration, immigrants do jobs, pay taxes, and engage in less crime than native-born Americans, as well as disproportionately boosting our tech industry. If illegal immigrants were really taking everyone's jobs, then maybe we wouldn't have unemployment below 5%. And about Muslims, there are some violent, radical Islamists, just as there are some violent, radical Christians. But, while terrorism is obviously a large problem, the number of deaths from terrorist attacks is vastly outnumbered by nearly every other cause of death, and most of these attacks are perpetrated by native-born citizens in the first place. Compare this to thousands of Syrian and other Middle Eastern immigrants, who would have nowhere else to go if they could not go here, and you end up valuing the lives of a few dozen people over the lives of thousands. Syrian Lives Matter- this is the same type of injustice that BLM speaks against, that black lives are not being valued the same as white lives, but with a much more stark disparity between the American lives and the Syrian lives which are being destroyed. If someone from your neighborhood was mentally unstable, and shot someone (from their perspective) in the name of God, would you like it if you were suddenly quarantined there for life? That is what a Syrian ban would entail, except that they are running from violence themselves.
elcorazon

« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2016, 03:44:40 PM »

The source for the premise of article, the Southern Poverty Law Center, is not an objective observer.  They are a liberal activist group that labels all kinds of constitutionally protected speech as "hate crimes".  The SPLC is a serial exaggerator.  I don't believe a word they say.

And, if you do believe them, they also claim "the last time he saw such a similar rash of attacks was after Obama was elected".  So I guess President-elect Obama was as responsible for a spike in hate "crimes" as President-elect Trump.
I've come to realize that anyone who ever writes anything negative about Trump or in some cases anyone or anything conservative will be labelled as a source not to be believed. Ultimately, this has led to a country where there aren't even a set of facts from which all sides can argue. One side sees a completely slanted and cherry picked version of reality. The other sees a completely different reality.
This is a horrible place for our country to be. Trump is not even attempting to address this. He is making it worse. Civil War is likely happening again.
elcorazon

« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2016, 03:45:59 PM »

Like this. A white teen girl got brutally beaten by disgusting ugly fat black girl for supporting Trump...

ABC reported about it, but has very strange title "PARENTS SAY PENINSULA TEEN ATTACKED AT SCHOOL FOR SUPPORT OF DONALD TRUMP"

Parents thus say, even though they publish video when we see it happen.

Of course, it happens in freedom state California...

http://abc7news.com/news/peninsula-teen-attacked-at-school-for-support-of-trump/1599714/

Full video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6MDq9y8xoc

She also is getting hate mails.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

ugly fat black girl - but yea, your report is clearly objective.....lol
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2016, 03:53:17 PM »

I've been told one should not be balanced and neutral towards bad hombres, no?

I'm also enjoying, that red hacks always ignores the phenomena, but attacks the messenger Roll Eyes
elcorazon

« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2016, 04:05:55 PM »

I'm also enjoying, that red hacks always ignores the phenomena, but attacks the messenger Roll Eyes
I have no idea what any of this means, but I'm glad you got a kick out of it.
HannibalLecter
anti_trump
Rookie

« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2016, 04:47:09 PM »

If the messenger is a Nazi like you...
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2016, 04:47:42 PM »

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2016, 04:58:02 PM »

I wouldn't call you a nazi, but you are pretty racist.
HannibalLecter
anti_trump
Rookie

« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2016, 05:02:44 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2016, 05:11:06 PM by HannibalLecter »

WTF?

Edit: I see you responded to the Swede. Got that wrong.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2016, 05:04:52 PM »

Yeah, Obama destroyed police. News at 11.

Under Law and Order president Trump, all the violent crimes will be punished severely.

But there were far fewer such demonstrations.

Count on this: we are going to have civil strife as we have not had since the 1970s. We are going to see far more demonstrations on the environment as Donald Trump advocates ravaging the environment for quick profits for his cronies. Just think about it: 45% of America can never agree with him.

We liberals will be behind the demonstrations on the environment. Because we are generally well educated we will be much more troublesome to the President and his stooge Congress than Tea Party types who put out placards reading

The Zoo has an African Lion
The White House has a lyin' African

We have more wit and more wisdom...

Start demonizing minorities and we will unite. Do dirty stuff to organized labor and we will join them.

We liberals are not tribal -- but we can join specialized segments of society in solidarity when they are wronged. Do bad things in our names and we will turn on you/    
HannibalLecter
anti_trump
Rookie

« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2016, 05:15:10 PM »

Under Law and Order president Trump, all the violent crimes will be punished severely.

Count on this: we are going to have civil strife as we have not had since the 1970s. We are going to see far more demonstrations on the environment as Donald Trump advocates ravaging the environment for quick profits for his cronies. Just think about it: 45% of America can never agree with him.

We liberals will be behind the demonstrations on the environment. Because we are generally well educated we will be much more troublesome to the President and his stooge Congress than Tea Party types who put out placards reading

Start demonizing minorities and we will unite. Do dirty stuff to organized labor and we will join them.

We liberals are not tribal -- but we can join specialized segments of society in solidarity when they are wronged. Do bad things in our names and we will turn on you/    

I really hope so. Luckily over here the fringe right still is just that. I'd say even most people who voted for Brexit aren't racist. People like the Swedish penis pump are pretty marginalized, and will stay that way for the foreseeable future. And nothing unites people more than an external enemy (i.e. Putin)
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2016, 05:24:38 PM »

I am just trying to be as Atlas... but towards blacks. So don't blame, blame Atlas society Smiley

Why do you think that I against it? I love this demonstrations. Especially violent ones. Because they will give Trump a free pass. Or something to blame. Whatever.

And believe me, left can't help but be violent Tongue
HannibalLecter
anti_trump
Rookie

« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2016, 05:26:48 PM »

I am just trying to be as Atlas... but towards blacks. So don't blame, blame Atlas society Smiley

Why do you think that I against it? I love this demonstrations. Especially violent ones. Because they will give Trump a free pass. Or something to blame. Whatever.

And believe me, left can't help but be violent Tongue

Once again the Nazi rambles on, sitting in his mommies basement...
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2016, 05:30:21 PM »

Once again the Nazi rambles on, sitting in his mommies basement...
HannibalLecter
anti_trump
Rookie

« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2016, 05:33:57 PM »

People tend to be unimpressed by cartoons once they're past age 25...
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2016, 05:55:49 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2016, 05:58:16 PM by AmericanNation »

Is there a dispute that the hate crimes committed by leftist affiliated groups / mobs / individuals / protesters vastly outnumber the rare incidents of graffiti or whatever you think is the end of the world?

I mean depending on how you look at it it's 100 to 1 or 1,000 to 1 and you dismiss the 1,000 and try to hammer good people over the head with the 1.  

Here is some steps to fix the country:  
1) Learn how to quantify problems
2) Prioritize the biggest problems
3) promote solutions

So, in practice:
1)
 we have 10,000 crimes motivated by hate or politics committed by leftists and we have 10 "possible" incidents of "hate" coming from Trump supporters or racist groups who prefer Trump to Clinton.  Half of the graffiti incidents are typically proved to be hoaxes done by a democrat.  

2)
So, we have
10,000 crimes and 8 cities overrun with riots by the left
(not denounced by democrats)
and
5 to 10 incidents by right-ish people and some hoaxes by leftists
(denounced by republicans)

3)
I think we need to:
A) pressure democrats, namely clinton, obama, and sanders to publicly slap down these protests  riots / crimes committed in their name.
B) aggressively arrest and prosecute these anarchist agitators.
C) actively educate the public about the error and danger of the lefts actions.  
D) continue to denounce and prosecute the rare incident of someone on the right committing a "hate" crime.  

I hope the country can unite behind my common sense proposals.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2016, 05:58:09 PM »

The Left has been demonizing white males for over 40 years now. It will likely be a civil war, and it won't be pretty.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2016, 06:10:42 PM »

Is there a dispute that the hate crimes committed by leftist affiliated groups / mobs / individuals / protesters vastly outnumber the rare incidents of graffiti or whatever you think is the end of the world?

I mean depending on how you look at it it's 100 to 1 or 1,000 to 1 and you dismiss the 1,000 and try to hammer good people over the head with the 1.  

Here is some steps to fix the country:  
1) Learn how to quantify problems
2) Prioritize the biggest problems
3) promote solutions

So, in practice:
1)
 we have 10,000 crimes motivated by hate or politics committed by leftists and we have 10 "possible" incidents of "hate" coming from Trump supporters or racist groups who prefer Trump to Clinton.  Half of the graffiti incidents are typically proved to be hoaxes done by a democrat.  

2)
So, we have
10,000 crimes and 8 cities overrun with riots by the left
(not denounced by democrats)
and
5 to 10 incidents by right-ish people and some hoaxes by leftists
(denounced by republicans)

3)
I think we need to:
A) pressure democrats, namely clinton, obama, and sanders to publicly slap down these protests  riots / crimes committed in their name.
B) aggressively arrest and prosecute these anarchist agitators.
C) actively educate the public about the error and danger of the lefts actions.  
D) continue to denounce and prosecute the rare incident of someone on the right committing a "hate" crime.  

I hope the country can unite behind my common sense proposals.

cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2016, 10:40:28 PM »

The source for the premise of article, the Southern Poverty Law Center, is not an objective observer.  They are a liberal activist group that labels all kinds of constitutionally protected speech as "hate crimes".  The SPLC is a serial exaggerator.  I don't believe a word they say.

And, if you do believe them, they also claim "the last time he saw such a similar rash of attacks was after Obama was elected".  So I guess President-elect Obama was as responsible for a spike in hate "crimes" as President-elect Trump.
I've come to realize that anyone who ever writes anything negative about Trump or in some cases anyone or anything conservative will be labelled as a source not to be believed. Ultimately, this has led to a country where there aren't even a set of facts from which all sides can argue. One side sees a completely slanted and cherry picked version of reality. The other sees a completely different reality.
This is a horrible place for our country to be. Trump is not even attempting to address this. He is making it worse. Civil War is likely happening again.

I've said the same things about the Southern Poverty Law Center before Trump was running for anything.  They are a liberal activist group masquerading as non-partisan.  They label constitutionally protected speech hate crimes, with little regard for the First Amendment.  They label many perfectly mainstream conservative organizations hate organizations even though they are not.  They might have had a point in the past, but these days they are a bunch of partisan, liberal hacks with an agenda to attack conservative thought.  The SPLC has cried wolf far too many times for me to believe them without outside verification.

Has anyone forgotten that cinyc is a bigot?

The SPLC are a great organization that helps do tons of great research and defense to help minorities of all kinds. To say things like this is to undermine all of the great work they do. Of course, I don't expect you to understand this, since I bet you think defending people targeted by racists is a bad thing. They've done so much good for the African-American, Latino, Jewish, and LGBT communities. The world would be a darker place without this organization

I am no bigot.  Opposing the ultra-liberal agenda of the Southern Poverty Law Center doesn't make me a bigot, either.  Like I said, they are hyper-partisan and have a history of exaggerating.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2016, 01:10:55 AM »

I don't think I've seen so much autism on this forum till this HannibalLecter guy just showed up and went off the ing rails hahahahaha.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2016, 12:06:59 PM »

I do not know about crimes, but multiple US-based acquaintances of mine have experienced being told  "go back to Mexico" or something of the sort in the last few days. In at least one case, when a (half-Venezuelan) girl came back from school and reported that a classmate told her "we will now deport you", her own (anglo) father responded "but you are not dark-skinned!".
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2016, 01:13:25 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2016, 01:24:27 PM by EliteLX »

As mentioned earlier:

We have literally thousands of crimes committed in protest of the election in the past week and 8 cities+ overrun with riots by the left. Businesses (dozens and dozens and dozens) destroyed, electrical utilities destroyed, police cruisers vandalized, fires set and Trump supporters literally beaten.. totaling hundreds of felonies or misdemeanors committed by these liberal nuts: not a single damn word or denouncement by the Democrats. (Surprise!)

meanwhile there are maybe a couple dozen national reports of incidents by stereotypically far right cousin lovers, with a handful of the bag having absolutely weak claims to intentionally build the narrative or being shown or admitted to as blatant hoaxes.

What a joke, don't even begin to start bitching when the representation of your party is making a complete SHAME of your voting base. You guys just don't have the stones to step up and admit how ridiculous it is because they are the type of voters that pretty much keep your party even alive in elections.

Tough facts, huh.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2016, 01:26:06 PM »

Lot of deplorables in this thread. But what else can you expect from a forum that consists 99% of white boys?

All of my friends who are not white, or are women, or who are immigrants, or are Muslims, or are LGBT, or are disabled, or are young people like me whose immediate future is the Sociopathic Reality Star-in-Chief and his literal white supremacist and fascist supporters (both here and abroad - the global Far Right are the only people outside the US actually cheering this madness. Well, that and noted autocrat whose domestic opponents mysteriously turn up dead on a routine basis  Vladimir Putin. Oh, and ISIS. Can't forget ISIS) - all of them are scared. Genuinely scared. Some are fearful for their own lives, and those of their families.

But continue to gloat about the fact that you normalized fascism and political candidates who sexually harass and assault women (including minors) in America. You're really brave!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies