Will Hillary run again?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:26:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Will Hillary run again?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Will Hillary run again?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 220

Author Topic: Will Hillary run again?  (Read 4237 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2016, 11:32:56 AM »

no.

she knows it wouldn't help her party right now.

a pity - makes me relate to republicans in 2012.

biggest difference: O is a creature of the center, trump a general failure......the only question right now would be if he is going to fail his voters or his party.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2016, 11:34:19 AM »

Clinton /Coakley 2020

Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2016, 11:47:41 AM »

She is the most power hungry politician I have seen - She is desperate & will play the PV win & run again!
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2016, 12:41:52 PM »

I would support her if she did, and I hope she does.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2016, 12:52:49 PM »

She is the most power hungry politician I have seen - She is desperate & will play the PV win & run again!

Such sexist double standards- Jon Edwards ran twice, Marco Rubio literally ran for the Senate to set himself up for 2020, Cruz briefed that he'd run in 2020...

but sure Hillary is the most power hungry politician- hence why she moved to [f]ing Arkansas in the 70's. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 12:59:13 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2016, 01:37:20 PM by angus »

actually most people DID vote for her.

This statement is demonstrably false.  (See, for example, these data.)  Most people DID NOT vote for her.  (At best count she has 47.6% of the popular vote, meaning that 52.4% of the voters voted for someone else.)  We can talk all about how people would have, or could have, or should have voted, but among those who actually bothered to vote on election day, a majority voted for someone other than Hillary Clinton.

I voted no in this poll, although to be honest I have been wrong about this before.  After the primary elections in 2008 I voted in that poll that she would not run again.  
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2016, 01:08:42 PM »

Such sexist double standards- Jon Edwards ran twice, Marco Rubio literally ran for the Senate to set himself up for 2020, Cruz briefed that he'd run in 2020...

but sure Hillary is the most power hungry politician- hence why she moved to [f]ing Arkansas in the 70's. 

Well they are all power-hungry too.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2016, 01:13:24 PM »

John Edwards was Kerry's VP candidate - Every recent VP candidate on the losing side ran from Liberman to Edwards!

The Arkansas example is a pile of sh**. If you don't think she is power hungry you are delusional - 1st Lady ends in 2000 - Contests in Safe Haven NY as Senator - Runs in 2008, loses & becomes Secretary of State in 2008.

Announces run in 2016, Wikileaks show it was planned atleast 2-3  years in advance, just into Obama's 2nd term. She has a hit list of people who has opposed her. I could write an essay why she is so manipulative & power hungry but if after seeing Hillary Clinton for her entire lifetime, you don't know she is not power hungry, then nothing i will say will convince you!

There is a reason why you guys are such clueless people who had no idea about the election results or the hatred for Hillary because anytime someone has a negative opinion, you label them "sexist", play the gender card, call them "Obama Boys" or "Bernie bros"/

Supporters like you have left Dem party on the verge of ruin!
Cynthia
ueutyi
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -3.63

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 01:53:19 PM »

She could pass her legacy onto Sen. Amy Klobuchar.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 02:09:33 PM »

has nothing at all to do with sexism. (even while sexism was still quite wild in the 70ies and 80ies)

more with the first impression.

HRC isn't a natural politican and burnt herself early re: public backlash/hostility against her husband....as a result she closed herself and become most cynical of the world.

which only accelaterated the general impression, that something must be wrong with her and so on.

imho, if she would be a more talented politican or a better liar, she would have looked "natural" and/or happy and that would have automatically put many ....scandals...to rest, cause popular persons can do nothing wrong at all and are forgiven anything.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 04:05:56 PM »

indysaff
reapersaff
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -5.91

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2016, 04:36:53 PM »

No.

I think it's time for her to take a rest. She's done.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2016, 05:16:16 PM »

I ended up liking Hillary, but no she should not run again.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2016, 06:57:01 PM »

She's selfish and delusional enough to do it, but I doubt it goes anywhere.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2016, 09:53:05 AM »

All of them lost primaries. Clinton was a nominee.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2016, 05:03:44 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2016, 05:07:33 PM by Frodo »

Hell no -and neither should she.  She has enough on her plate fending off existing FBI probes of her private email server when she was Secretary of State, and maybe a prospective investigation of the Clinton Foundation.  Even with a lame duck pardon from President Obama, she's so crippled politically that another presidential run is unthinkable.

She's finished.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2016, 05:10:10 PM »

If she will, she'll probably win nomination again. White Dems will vote for her because she is a woman, minorities because her husband is Bill.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2016, 06:54:21 PM »

Gerald Ford didn't even if he could've, Al Gore didn't either. Both of them had decent cases to try again when hindsight gave remorse....

So no, no she won't.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2016, 07:02:51 PM »

Probably not.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2016, 11:32:33 PM »

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2016, 02:39:34 AM »

Depends how big her popular vote lead is and how absolutely horrible Trump is. Some of those Rust Belt voters could have buyer's remorse and that alone might be enough to give it to her in a rematch.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2016, 07:36:17 AM »

I love Hillary and I do think she would have made an extraordinary President, but I don't think she should. It's not worth it. She should enjoy retirement and enjoy being a grandmother.

Depends how big her popular vote lead is and how absolutely horrible Trump is. Some of those Rust Belt voters could have buyer's remorse and that alone might be enough to give it to her in a rematch.

I haven't see all the remaining outstanding vote totals, but California should easily take her to at least a 2% margin.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2016, 09:55:09 AM »

If she were younger, maybe seeing as she is ahead in the popular vote, but after two runs and losing a race she was expected to win, then I would say No.

Depending on how Trump does I'm expecting someone along the lines of: Gillibrand, Warren, Gabbard, Booker to run in '20.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2016, 10:33:37 AM »

I don't think so, but maybe she would because she won the popular vote.
I also voted no, but Stevenson ran again after getting clobbered in 1952 only to get clobbered again in 1956. I don't know if she could beat Trump in 2020, or even if she could win the nomination.
I don't think she would want to even try unless she thought that she would win. It would be humiliated for her if she lost either the nomination or the election.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2016, 06:56:31 PM »

There's some speculation that the recount efforts are basically a way to add legitimacy to her run.

I think it's a possibility.

She clearly wants to be President.

The 2020 general election environment may be one that is more favorable to an establishment figure.

She would have a good shot at the primary, due to her name ID and how crowded it is likely to be.

She'll be able to claim that she lost due to rumors about things that never materialized.

She'll be old, but younger than President Trump (as well as Bob Dole in 1996.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies