Will Atlas Forum Survive?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:37:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Will Atlas Forum Survive?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Will Atlas Forum Survive?  (Read 870 times)
ShamDam
ChanDan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 10, 2016, 11:57:42 PM »

Everybody's gone. Sad
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 11:58:23 PM »

everyone's now on the 2020 board lol.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 11:58:34 PM »

They will be back.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 12:08:26 AM »

I think for a lot of people, the last thing they want to do is talk about politics right now. Especially when you know you'll have to read a billion "I Told You So" posts from some of this forum's worst posters when you come back.

A lot of people aren't going to tune back into the political scene until the Virginia/New Jersey governor's race heats up, and even then many won't come back until we're right of the middle of the 2018 midterms, and some won't come back until the 2020 Dem primary.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 12:10:46 AM »

I'm pretty sick right now trying to reconcile what's happening, and finding ways to coping with a Trump presidency with no checks.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 12:15:37 AM »

I think for a lot of people, the last thing they want to do is talk about politics right now. Especially when you know you'll have to read a billion "I Told You So" posts from some of this forum's worst posters when you come back.

Exactly.

I'm mainly here for post event analysis.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 05:41:15 AM »

Exactly.

I'm mainly here for post event analysis.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 06:47:48 AM »

this forum has survived to Bush 2004, Obama 2008 et 2012 so It will survive to Trump. Democrats will come back later (2018 or 2020). they will be older and, hopefully, with more maturity.
Panda Express

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 06:54:20 AM »

Personally, I'm waiting for the last data to come in and then I'm going to stop paying attention to politics for a while
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 09:09:31 AM »

In what sense is "everyone gone"?  There were 2688 posts on the forum yesterday.  While that's not the same level of activity as the week leading up to the election, it's still way more active than the forum was just a month ago.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 09:38:28 AM »

Yeah, the forum is much more active than it usually is following an election.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 10:06:53 AM »

A lot of libs just hiding so there's less crow to eat when they get back. Same as with pubs in 2012. Losing sucks but normal people get over it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 10:15:54 AM »

Trump as president will surely keep this forum in business for at least the next four years.  Not sure what'll happen with his presidency, but I doubt it'll be boring, so I expect the forum to be more active in the "offseason" than it normally is.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 10:41:03 AM »

Are any of those whom we haven't seen here, on Atlas after Dark?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 08:26:55 AM »

Trump as president will surely keep this forum in business for at least the next four years.  Not sure what'll happen with his presidency, but I doubt it'll be boring, so I expect the forum to be more active in the "offseason" than it normally is.

That's basically what I was thinking too.  Seems to me that a Trump Presidency will be good for business.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2016, 08:32:15 AM »

They'll probably come back once their hippie period of protesting in the big cities of America is over.

Funny, these people: They are out with "Love trumps Hate" posters and at the same time they are demolishing the urban areas of the US right now because they cannot accept the result of a democratic election.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 08:46:21 AM »

They'll probably come back once their hippie period of protesting in the big cities of America is over.

Funny, these people: They are out with "Love trumps Hate" posters and at the same time they are demolishing the urban areas of the US right now because they cannot accept the result of a democratic election.

Do losers win in democratic elections? Wink
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2016, 05:56:48 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2016, 06:07:01 PM by Meclazine »

Will the Atlas Political Forum survive?

Are you kidding?

We just elected a new President in the most bizarre change of power in world history since 530BC when the Greek Tomyris took the Persian leader Cyrus the Great's head and bathed it in his own blood.

Talk about "drain the swamp".

The earliest known historical statement of "If you want blood, you go it!"

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2016, 06:37:35 PM »

I'm a statistical nut who above all treats the elections like a sport--my posts will probably decrease in frequency as a result of the election being over (as would they have had Clinton been elected) now that there are no more states to predict/polls to analyze/debate over, but I'll probably still check once per day regardless.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2016, 06:43:07 PM »

Personally, I'm waiting for the last data to come in and then I'm going to stop paying attention to politics for a while
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 06:44:15 PM »

Plenty of us are still here, and have no intention of leaving. I have no interest in talking to some of the sore winners coming to look for salty tears to satiate themselves, but it seems that there are posters willing to discuss other things, so that's good.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 09:40:25 PM »

There's not much point to this site given that the US will no longer be holding elections.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 09:48:41 PM »

There's not much point to this site given that the US will no longer be holding elections.

Could you at least wait until Trump's Reichstag Fire before you condemn him? /sarcasm
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2016, 07:16:00 AM »

I want to ask an honest question here. How is someone with your views so inept to understand what has happened in this country? I can't imagine you'll be very happy if Hofer wins in your country's upcoming election. Should those of us on the American left start bombarding you if Hofer wins? At least your country will actually express the will of the people, unlike here. More people wanted Hillary over Trump, but that's obviously irrelevant. Could you imagine if it was the reverse with Hillary winning the electoral vote while losing the popular vote? His supporters would be apoplectic beyond anything we've ever seen and I doubt that Trump would have conceded.

I am very upset that the system has screwed over another Democrat for the second time in my life. As the party of responsible government, I'm supposed to accept that, while the same in reverse would never be accepted by the other side. Hell, even getting 53% of the popular vote and 365 electoral votes wasn't enough to legitimatize our current President to the other side.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2016, 09:24:10 AM »

I can't imagine you'll be very happy if Hofer wins in your country's upcoming election. Should those of us on the American left start bombarding you if Hofer wins?

I won't be "happy", yeah but I will tolerate it - I will vote for the center-left candidate Van der Bellen because of policy issues.

But Hofer has always struck me as a very competent, skilled and down-to-earth likeable guy who wouldn't be a really bad President. Obviously the left will torpedo him from the start (like the US left does right now), but he could in fact turn out to be a good moderate President. He needs to have an interest to be a popular President after all: if he turns out to be too controversial, Austrians will never elect the FPÖ to first place in the 2018 elections and their chances at government participation drop significantly. So Hofer as President could actually be good for the Austrian Left in 2018 ...

When it comes to you and other Americans "bombarding" me if Hofer wins: I'd be very happy if more people were posting in the Austrian elections thread in the next weeks ... Wink
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies