Kanye West 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:35:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kanye West 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Kanye West 2020  (Read 7941 times)
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2016, 09:58:04 PM »

I think Kanye West's rhetoric would make Trump's sound nice.
and smart.
Adam the Gr8
AM33
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.70

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2016, 10:25:47 PM »

The debates....

"Imma' let you finish!"
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2016, 11:34:59 PM »

The debates....

"Imma' let you finish!"

I'm afraid that's going to happen.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2016, 10:51:18 AM »

Update: Kanye West: If I voted, I would have voted for Trump

Okay so nothing to fear. He'd be DOA in a Democratic Primary. He could run as a spoiler independent, but I doubt he'd get more than 2-3%, especially if the Black Establishment explicitly shuns him, which they probably would in that case.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2016, 12:36:02 PM »

If division continues to get worse in this country, we're going to see another massive backlash, this time from yuppies. If they're not only motivated, but angry and frustrated late in Trump's first term, then I absolutely think Kanye West could run and be a very formidable force in the primaries. This year's election was very much a "f*** you" election, and if things keep going the way they do, I think 2020 will be as well. If that's the case, I would not be surprised at all to see not only the words "Democratic nominee Kanye West", but also "President-elect Kanye West". The backlash from the left, particularly those who are young and live in cities, is already brewing, and people should definitely take it seriously.

Mock me all you want. I live in a city full of yuppies; I know what I'm talking about. Voting for Kanye West will be the ultimate middle finger urban millennials can give to people who ignore them. White voters will not vote 75% Republican if (not really an if, tbh) Trump is unpopular. If this election is any indication, people will vote against the status quo in large numbers if they're unhappy or angry. That will be the case in 2020.

This is very possible, but I truly hope it's not Kanye. Please NO!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2016, 12:46:44 PM »

F#cking yuppies.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2016, 03:17:31 PM »

Trump expressed great support and hope for Obama in his post-'08 book.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2016, 10:22:56 AM »

Lets be real here, he liked Trump only to run against him in 2020. If Hillary had won he'd have to wait 8 years or primary her (which was going to be impossible).
Adam the Gr8
AM33
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.70

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2016, 11:40:52 AM »

Update: Kanye West: If I voted, I would have voted for Trump

Okay so nothing to fear. He'd be DOA in a Democratic Primary. He could run as a spoiler independent, but I doubt he'd get more than 2-3%, especially if the Black Establishment explicitly shuns him, which they probably would in that case.
Maybe he thinks this will make him appeal to Trump voters?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2016, 02:13:18 PM »

If division continues to get worse in this country, we're going to see another massive backlash, this time from yuppies. If they're not only motivated, but angry and frustrated late in Trump's first term, then I absolutely think Kanye West could run and be a very formidable force in the primaries. This year's election was very much a "f*** you" election, and if things keep going the way they do, I think 2020 will be as well. If that's the case, I would not be surprised at all to see not only the words "Democratic nominee Kanye West", but also "President-elect Kanye West". The backlash from the left, particularly those who are young and live in cities, is already brewing, and people should definitely take it seriously.

Mock me all you want. I live in a city full of yuppies; I know what I'm talking about. Voting for Kanye West will be the ultimate middle finger urban millennials can give to people who ignore them. White voters will not vote 75% Republican if (not really an if, tbh) Trump is unpopular. If this election is any indication, people will vote against the status quo in large numbers if they're unhappy or angry. That will be the case in 2020.

This is very possible, but I truly hope it's not Kanye. Please NO!

I certainly hope not, but if anger boils over, it could definitely happen. People don't think/vote rationally when they're angry (this election, for example).

And much as I'd like to think Kanye supporting Trump would hurt him, I don't think it would. Trump praising Hillary in the past didn't seem to hurt him.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2016, 10:10:21 PM »

Well he did have a concert meltdown last night with one part of it bashing Hillary Clinton for losing. Might be hard one to forget...
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2016, 10:15:13 PM »

This is the best the Democrats can come up with for 2020?

Can you say

Reagan 1984?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2016, 10:24:22 PM »

My worry about Kanye West isn't so much that he would be unelectable as that he would just be a terrible President.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2016, 10:33:28 PM »

Kanye, love him or hate him, could very well have the same effect in turning out millennial voters that Trump has/had with turning out rural voters, which would guarantee him 100+ EVs, which is far better than Mondale did.

Not to mention he'll also do better among Blacks and Hispanics than Hillary Clinton did.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2016, 10:44:11 PM »

Are you Democrats serious?

A rapper?

A  R A P P E R?

Really?

R E A L L Y?

As a Republican, I would love to see the Democrats nominate someone who had no chance of winning any electoral votes, read Kanye West, but really? 

AtorBoltox

« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2016, 10:49:20 PM »

A rapper?

A  R A P P E R?

Really?

R E A L L Y?

As a Republican, I would love to see the Democrats nominate someone who had no chance of winning any electoral votes, read Kanye West, but really? 

The only people taking this seriously are a few hacks on these forums. Meanwhile, in the real world, your party nominated a reality TV star.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2016, 10:51:54 PM »

A rapper?

A  R A P P E R?

Really?

R E A L L Y?

The only people taking this seriously are a few hacks on these forums. Meanwhile, in the real world, your party nominated a reality TV star.

True, but at least he's not a rapper.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2016, 10:53:53 PM »

A rapper?

A  R A P P E R?

Really?

R E A L L Y?

Your party nominated a reality TV star. A  R E A L I T Y  S T A R. R E A L L Y?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Except that, you know, he'd be guaranteed to win electoral votes. If he gets nominated, he'd almost certainly win 100+ EVs.

I respectfully disagree with your optimistic EV assessment, unless voters in extremist liberal states have lost their minds.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2016, 10:54:24 PM »

This is the best the Democrats can come up with for 2020?

Can you say

Reagan 1984?
AtorBoltox

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2016, 11:03:46 PM »

Assuming the very worst case scenario for democrats if West is nominated, they would still win California, New York, Maryland, Massachusetts, Vermont and Hawaii, about 110 electoral votes.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2016, 11:04:21 PM »

Assuming the very worst case scenario for democrats if West is nominated, they would still win California, New York, Maryland, Massachusetts, Vermont and Hawaii, about 110 electoral votes.
Forgot Illinois
AtorBoltox

« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2016, 11:09:29 PM »

If West was somehow actually nominated, I'd hope most democrats would put country over party and disavow him, something the cowards in the GOP refused to do this year.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2016, 11:11:01 PM »

Funny how you forgot DC. Because the worst case scenario is him winning just that.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2016, 11:14:13 PM »

Funny how you forgot DC. Because the worst case scenario is him winning just that.
Right, perhaps i should have said the worst case realistic scenario. If you wanted to take it further, you could say the real worst case scenario is him losing DC and getting no electoral votes.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2016, 12:42:08 AM »

Forgot Illinois

Kanye West grew up in Chicago. He still has some family there. Also part time residence in that city too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies