Kanye West 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:19:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kanye West 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kanye West 2020  (Read 7934 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 11, 2016, 12:17:21 AM »

There's definitely a scenario where the Democratic Party, in full-on stupid panic mode, starts to de-emphasize minority rights as part of the platform.

If Kanye West is the only candidate sincerely talking about the issues facing black America in 2020, he is absolutely dangerous in the primary.

I actually agree with him on some issues. He would be dangerous in the primary.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 12:20:15 AM »

If Harris and Booker pass on the race, leaving him as the sole black candidate, then yes, it's very much plausible that he could be the nominee. I honestly can't think of anyone else more deserving of the most powerful job in the world.

Nina Turner could run. Van Jones. Bakari Sellers. Angela Rye. A lot of talented African Americans can run.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 12:23:49 AM »

Kanye's base would no doubt be millenial Blacks.

Hispanics might be another good base as well.

He'd have a hard time trying to appeal to the unmarried older White women which helped Hillary in the 2016 primary.

True. Some of them think he's a little full of himself. I like his style--it depends. Will millennial white women like him, or are they still upset over his 2009 Taylor Swift remarks?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 12:30:12 AM »

The funny part is that if he ran he'd no doubt be a front runner. Him actually making it to the nomination would be scary.  

What?

Kanye has mastered the art of media whoring; as Trump proved, one can win the nomination without donor money provided that they dominate the news cycle from the get-go. A Kanye run in 2020 would be a goldmine for ratings.

Kanye's base would no doubt be millenial Blacks.

Hispanics might be another good base as well.

He'd have a hard time trying to appeal to the unmarried older White women which helped Hillary in the 2016 primary.

True. Some of them think he's a little full of himself. I like his style--it depends. Will millennial white women like him, or are they still upset over his 2009 Taylor Swift remarks?

Taylor already got exposed as a snake this year.

True. She has a lot of flaws. A lot.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 05:10:20 PM »

His most recent breakdown has most likely thwarted any chance if him being elected. But we all said that about Trump in 2015. Let's not count him out.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 01:02:36 PM »

The 911 call from West said that "weapons should be taken away". Wow. Sad. If West can recover from this, I don't know.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/01/kanye-west-911-call-hospitalized/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies