Kanye West 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:18:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kanye West 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kanye West 2020  (Read 7969 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: November 12, 2016, 04:49:33 PM »

If division continues to get worse in this country, we're going to see another massive backlash, this time from yuppies. If they're not only motivated, but angry and frustrated late in Trump's first term, then I absolutely think Kanye West could run and be a very formidable force in the primaries. This year's election was very much a "f*** you" election, and if things keep going the way they do, I think 2020 will be as well. If that's the case, I would not be surprised at all to see not only the words "Democratic nominee Kanye West", but also "President-elect Kanye West". The backlash from the left, particularly those who are young and live in cities, is already brewing, and people should definitely take it seriously.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 06:00:26 PM »

If division continues to get worse in this country, we're going to see another massive backlash, this time from yuppies. If they're not only motivated, but angry and frustrated late in Trump's first term, then I absolutely think Kanye West could run and be a very formidable force in the primaries. This year's election was very much a "f*** you" election, and if things keep going the way they do, I think 2020 will be as well. If that's the case, I would not be surprised at all to see not only the words "Democratic nominee Kanye West", but also "President-elect Kanye West". The backlash from the left, particularly those who are young and live in cities, is already brewing, and people should definitely take it seriously.

Mock me all you want. I live in a city full of yuppies; I know what I'm talking about. Voting for Kanye West will be the ultimate middle finger urban millennials can give to people who ignore them. White voters will not vote 75% Republican if (not really an if, tbh) Trump is unpopular. If this election is any indication, people will vote against the status quo in large numbers if they're unhappy or angry. That will be the case in 2020.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 02:13:18 PM »

Mock me all you want. I live in a city full of yuppies; I know what I'm talking about. Voting for Kanye West will be the ultimate middle finger urban millennials can give to people who ignore them. White voters will not vote 75% Republican if (not really an if, tbh) Trump is unpopular. If this election is any indication, people will vote against the status quo in large numbers if they're unhappy or angry. That will be the case in 2020.

This is very possible, but I truly hope it's not Kanye. Please NO!

I certainly hope not, but if anger boils over, it could definitely happen. People don't think/vote rationally when they're angry (this election, for example).

And much as I'd like to think Kanye supporting Trump would hurt him, I don't think it would. Trump praising Hillary in the past didn't seem to hurt him.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 12:53:01 AM »

If Kanye gets the nomination, and is running against Trump, he won't get less than 43% of the vote, and could absolutely get more than that. Just like many people will vote Republican no matter what, many people will vote Democratic, no matter what, especially if the alternative is Trump.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies