Dave Leip (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:19:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Dave Leip (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dave Leip  (Read 3366 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: July 10, 2005, 03:52:17 PM »

As for my voting history, I'm really an independent and look at the strenghts of individual candidates (especially since my political ideology spans many parties, depending on the issue) -> in the 2002 election here in Massachusetts, I voted for 2 Democrats, 1 republican, 1 Libertarian, 1 independent, and 1 Whig (strange as it may seem).  I will also be voting in the democratic primary (as "unenrolled" voters - the MA equivalent of "independent" - are able to cast their ballots in any primary).

More data:  I'm not originally from MA.  I grew up in a rural-suburban portion of Onondaga County, NY.

In 2002, Kerry had no Republican opponent (Michael Cloud was a Libertarian and he received 19% of the vote).  I was also here when Weld recieved 45% to Kerry's 52%.

However, I do live in a town that voted 73% for Gore...

A loooooong time ago I dimly recall him saying that he liked Tim Penny (former democratic congressman (best know for being a deficit hawk IIRC), 2002 Independence Party candidate in MN Gubernatorial election).
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 06:08:47 PM »

A loooooong time ago pretty much everyone then a forum member (not that there was many then) did a online test thingy matching issue positions of the different Presidential candidates with there own views. Anyhoo, unusually Dave did it and while he didn't say what he got, he did say that a load of candidates (forget which but IIRC it was most of them) were within a few %'s of each other or summet.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies