The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:34:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 107000 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: February 25, 2017, 08:35:57 PM »

Anyways the DNC Chair is not a very important role & Ellison should stay in Congress & not accept the stupid offer. Strengthen the strong progressive wing.

The DNC is full of lobbyists, consultants & identity politics people but Ellison got strong support from Senators, Congressmen, Party Chairs, Vice-Chairs so we should be happy. Either way the Bernie wing is taking over, these centrists will shut up & do as they are told instead of turning the party of FDR & JBJ into a pile of junk.

Come Biden or Gillibrand or Booker, if we can get Bernie to go 1 vs 1, everyone of these clueless people will easily lose!
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1751 on: February 25, 2017, 08:37:25 PM »

Bernie Bros -sour grapes and sore losers.

Goodbye punk.  Keep insulting people.  It will surely help you win elections.  Pathetic.

Oh, I'm so sorry, did you Bernie Bros somehow feel entitled to this position?

Drop the namecalling, Islamaphobe.

Roll Eyes
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1752 on: February 25, 2017, 08:40:20 PM »

Berniecrats in this thread:

"Wah, wah, the candidate I liked more 'cause muh tone and symbols lost the fundraising and electoral strategizing role to someone I don't like cause muh neolibrals."

GMAFB

Electoral strategizing is, in fact, the main thing that there's reason to believe Perez will be non-trivially worse at.

Speaking as someone who REALLY likes Ellison and has met him multiple times, I don't know why he would be considered a master at electoral strategizing. Because he actually holds elected office? Getting an elected in a safe seat repeatedly is the same experience as DWS.

If you wanted some sort of campaign beast to be DNC Chair, then it should've been someone like...oh whoever ran the campaign for that Governor of Louisiana that Moderate Heroes here love to jack off over or some Nevada Democratic Party official very close to Harry Reid*. But it's not even really an electoral strategist position either.

*Actually that WOULD be a great candidate.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1753 on: February 25, 2017, 08:41:33 PM »

Goodbye punk.  Keep insulting people.  It will surely help you win elections.  Pathetic.

I guess you did.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1754 on: February 25, 2017, 08:58:28 PM »

I guess you did.

Dude, I'm shtposting.  But the word "Berniebro" needs to be dropped from people's vocabulary.  It's rooted in the worst type of SJW identity politics and it's dismissive to the women who supported and still passionately support Sanders.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1755 on: February 25, 2017, 08:59:48 PM »

I guess you did.

Dude, I'm shtposting.  But the word "Berniebro" needs to be dropped from people's vocabulary.  It's rooted in the worst type of SJW identity politics and it's dismissive to the women who supported and still passionately support Sanders.

The only people who I still see using it regularly are Tulsibots who believe all Sanders supporters are mindless robots who'll vote for anyone who endorsed him and ignore all other issues in the 2020 primary.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1756 on: February 25, 2017, 09:06:32 PM »

I guess you did.

The only people who I still see using it regularly are Tulsibots who believe all Sanders supporters are mindless robots who'll vote for anyone who endorsed him and ignore all other issues in the 2020 primary.

Why would Sanders haters support Tulsi? Huh  I mostly see the word thrown around by people who have #ImStillWithHer on their Twitter pages and write 20 tweets a day bashing Sanders and Ellison.  They are literally still living in 2016.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1757 on: February 25, 2017, 10:43:16 PM »

Holy moly. What has happened to this thread?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1758 on: February 25, 2017, 10:47:29 PM »

In more DNC news, Ex Mayor of Baltimore Stephanie Rawlings-Blake faced embarassing defeat for re-election to DNC Secretary to Jason Rae (who??).
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1759 on: February 25, 2017, 10:47:53 PM »

Ugh.

It's been a really long day.

It's gonna be an even longer 10 years of purging these bozos from the party.

I'm tired.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1760 on: February 25, 2017, 10:49:36 PM »

In more DNC news, Ex Mayor of Baltimore Stephanie Rawlings-Blake faced embarassing defeat for re-election to DNC Secretary to Jason Rae (who??).

I have a friend from undergrad who works at the Wisconsin Democratic Party and she's super pumped that Jason Rae won.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1761 on: February 25, 2017, 11:42:36 PM »

Still can't believe how our True Leftist (is that better?) friends are hyperventilating over this.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1762 on: February 25, 2017, 11:43:24 PM »

Still can't believe how outraged our True Leftist (is that better?) friends are hyperventilating over this.

You really think you can have us behave like sheep and vote for a party that is our enemy? Good luck without us.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1763 on: February 25, 2017, 11:45:52 PM »

Still can't believe how outraged our True Leftist (is that better?) friends are hyperventilating over this.

You really think you can have us behave like sheep and vote for a party that is our enemy? Good luck without us.
Im sorry when did Perez who back in the summer was viewed as "left wing nut" when mentioned as a Hillary vp become the "progressive enemy"?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1764 on: February 25, 2017, 11:46:57 PM »

Im sorry when did Perez who back in the summer was viewed as "left wing nut" when mentioned as a Hillary vp become the "progressive enemy"?

They called Obama a communist. Just because some idiots think that some neoliberal TPP supporter is somehow left wing doesn't make it so.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1765 on: February 25, 2017, 11:47:40 PM »

Honestly, the Democratic Party is better off without you.  Not without Berniecrats, they are and will remain a major part of the coalition. But they're certainly better off without you specifically.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1766 on: February 25, 2017, 11:49:43 PM »

Honestly, the Democratic Party is better off without you.  Not without Berniecrats, they are and will remain a major part of the coalition. But they're certainly better off without you specifically.

Classy.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1767 on: February 25, 2017, 11:51:20 PM »

I welcome the phrase True Leftist returning to prominence in Atlas parlance.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1768 on: February 25, 2017, 11:52:30 PM »

Classy.

Honest.  Anyway, why do you care?  I thought you're not a Democrat anymore.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1769 on: February 25, 2017, 11:52:57 PM »

I've actually been thinking that about him for months, but you probably think that about me as well. Tongue
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1770 on: February 25, 2017, 11:53:17 PM »

the jim demint wing of any party is a death knell for democracy and victory.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1771 on: February 25, 2017, 11:54:37 PM »

I've actually been thinking that about him for months, but you probably think that about me as well. Tongue

I don't think that about you, even if I find you to be a bit annoying at times.  Jfern didn't bother me much until this thread, but he's just snapped and now I find myself wondering if he was always like this or what.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1772 on: February 25, 2017, 11:56:07 PM »

Classy.

Haven't you joined the California Green Party yet?  With the California GOP as insignificant as the U.K. Labour Party has become under Jeremy Corbyn, it may become the only opposition party in the state.  They could use zealots like you.  We certainly can do without you.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1773 on: February 25, 2017, 11:56:25 PM »

hard to stomach such intra-party "hate"...not cause i somehow detest hard debate or am a peace dove but cause it's the worst way to spent your own mental ressources in hard times.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1774 on: February 25, 2017, 11:57:26 PM »

Classy.

Haven't you joined the California Green Party yet?  With the California GOP as insignificant as the U.K. Labour Party has become under Jeremy Corbyn, it may become the only opposition party in the state.  They could use zealots like you.  We certainly can do without you.

Just like Hillary's brilliant campaign of winning without progressives or the white working class? How'd that work out?
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies