The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:51:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74]
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 106947 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: April 07, 2017, 11:08:15 AM »

Perez said that he and Sanders had met several times, most recently on Wednesday at his office near the Capitol. “We’ve talked a lot about the need to compete everywhere, and when we talked about a 57-state-and-territory strategy, we meant it,” Perez said. Sanders "The fact that he’s prepared to travel with me around the country and pick up half the cost of this is a positive sign.”

The duo will rally in Maine on April 17 and wind through the South and Southwest until April 22, hitting Kentucky, Florida, Arizona and Nevada. More stops, and more DNC investments, are possible in Nebraska — where Democrats hope to win back the mayoralty of Omaha — and in Montana, where a Sanders-backed House candidate has begun to attract attention ahead of a special election.

So Perez reached out to Bernie & wanted to energize the base & do rallies, smart man! And Bernie & the DNC are sharing costs ! I understand Maine & the 3 Sunbelt states which have Senate elections in 2018 but Kentucky? Do they think they can wing Congressional seat or some other down-ballot seats because I don't see a Dem winning the Senate seat in 2020 even though most people hate that turtle without a shell !
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1826 on: April 07, 2017, 11:12:35 AM »

Perez said that he and Sanders had met several times, most recently on Wednesday at his office near the Capitol. “We’ve talked a lot about the need to compete everywhere, and when we talked about a 57-state-and-territory strategy, we meant it,” Perez said. Sanders "The fact that he’s prepared to travel with me around the country and pick up half the cost of this is a positive sign.”

The duo will rally in Maine on April 17 and wind through the South and Southwest until April 22, hitting Kentucky, Florida, Arizona and Nevada. More stops, and more DNC investments, are possible in Nebraska — where Democrats hope to win back the mayoralty of Omaha — and in Montana, where a Sanders-backed House candidate has begun to attract attention ahead of a special election.

So Perez reached out to Bernie & wanted to energize the base & do rallies, smart man! And Bernie & the DNC are sharing costs ! I understand Maine & the 3 Sunbelt states which have Senate elections in 2018 but Kentucky? Do they think they can wing Congressional seat or some other down-ballot seats because I don't see a Dem winning the Senate seat in 2020 even though most people hate that turtle without a shell !

Looks like positives all around.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1827 on: April 07, 2017, 03:15:32 PM »

Looks like positives all around.

McConnell is 75 and Dems actually have a bench in Kentucky (though not a great one). It could be competitive in 2020 if Trump has weak approvals and his base feels he's betrayed them.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies