The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:19:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 74
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 106742 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: January 11, 2017, 03:17:26 AM »

Dona Brazile has stuffed the DNC with all Clinton loyalists who were unemployed after the campaign ended. I heard she is also trying to involve David Brock. Can any1 post that news?

All of it is to create some War Room & Oppo. Research etc team on Trump & attack him. Like he wasn't attacked & people didn't know about his stuff.

If the DNC gave half as importance to building the party at the grass-roots, this mess would never have happened. And they are filing it with Clinton hacks!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #401 on: January 11, 2017, 04:27:27 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

2 more state party chairs are huge.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #402 on: January 12, 2017, 04:12:30 PM »

No kidding.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #403 on: January 12, 2017, 04:21:10 PM »

The election and the Dem. establishment are making me sick, just like the Democratic primary did.  These people are so dirty and cynical. 
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #404 on: January 12, 2017, 04:37:05 PM »

The election and the Dem. establishment are making me sick, just like the Democratic primary did.  These people are so dirty and cynical. 
Who is the "establishment"? Because all the big names are backing Keith aka Bernie's pick
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #405 on: January 12, 2017, 04:47:10 PM »

The election and the Dem. establishment are making me sick, just like the Democratic primary did.  These people are so dirty and cynical.  
Who is the "establishment"? Because all the big names are backing Keith aka Bernie's pick

I'm not talking about the big names.  I'm talking about all the people behind the scenes with their media ties (MSNBC, Mother Jones etc.) who are constantly trying to find dirt.  These are the same a**holes that were calling Bernie sexist and racist and his supporters a bunch of white male supremacists.  It's just sickening.  They can go f*** themselves.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #406 on: January 17, 2017, 11:12:36 AM »

Info on the DNC Chair candidate forums:

So the first of these has now happened.  Anything interesting occur in Phoenix?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #407 on: January 17, 2017, 12:07:56 PM »

Ellison essentially has a lockdown on Wisconsin
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #408 on: January 17, 2017, 04:18:41 PM »

So the first of these has now happened.  Anything interesting occur in Phoenix?

Ralston was funny, and I think the surprisingly good performance may have been from Buttigieg. He had a lot to prove, and seemed to answer questions pretty honestly. Buttigieg, Ellison, and Perez did pretty well, though the rest didn't really have much appeal. Also it turns out a 7th candidate, FOX analyst Jehmu Greene, entered the race (though she's irrelevant). The main thing is everyone pushes a 50 State/Every County solution type plan, and wants to avoid comparisons to the Clinton/Sanders divide.  My personal ranking for chair is: Ellison>Buttigieg>Perez>Buckley. However, it still seems to be mostly an Ellison vs. Perez race, with Ellison favored. Greene and Brown might as well not be there, Buckley and Harrison don't really add anything, and Buttigieg probably doesn't have a lot of support at the moment.

Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #409 on: January 17, 2017, 08:01:49 PM »

Yeah, keep that cynical use of identity politics going. Despite the fact Ellison wrote a paper on Farrakhan twenty years ago, let's dump an actual chance at rebuilding the Democratic Party and go with "safe choice" Tom "progressive who gets things done" Perez.

So your idea is to tell Jews that we shouldn't worry about anti-Semitism and that if we do then it's just "identity politics?"  Pathetic.

You are in a setting in which most of us care about opposing antisemitism but also don't believe that there is any credible evidence that Keith Ellison is an antisemite. There's an easy way to resolve this: Show us that Keith Ellison has done antisemitic things.

Instead, you are taking a claim that ought to be treated seriously and treating it as the equivalent of a playground taunt. It is  wrong, it disgusts me, and I know that you can do better than that.

You know, I have to say, I read some more about this and it looks like most of the stuff Ellison said was in 1989 or 1990.  I still think that Perez is a better pick, but I'm much less invested in this race now.  Mea Culpa

Weren't you a #NeverHillary Democrat in the campaign? I can't imagine why anyone who isn't a Hillary hack would think Perez is a genuinely good choice (as opposed to the lesser evil).

I came around a week or two before the RNC, actually.  I really don't like Hillary, but she was far better than Trump.  And that's exactly how I see Perez: the lesser of two evils.  Neither would be a good Chairman IMO, but I think Perez is at least a better choice from the fundraising perspective which is a key part of the job (DNC chairs have little influence over party policy positions).  I'd rather Ellison stay in the House and try to move up in leadership, it seems like a much better fit.

Why do you think Perez is a better choice for fundraising? As far as I can tell, he's only raised $200,000 in his entire political career.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #410 on: January 19, 2017, 06:10:36 AM »

Perez hates Bernie supporters or what? He seems determined to stick into Bernie supporters. He tweeted that no chairs were thrown tonight & then deleted the tweet in 1 hour (Reference to the Nevada Lie about chairs thrown).
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #411 on: January 19, 2017, 08:12:33 AM »

Yeah, keep that cynical use of identity politics going. Despite the fact Ellison wrote a paper on Farrakhan twenty years ago, let's dump an actual chance at rebuilding the Democratic Party and go with "safe choice" Tom "progressive who gets things done" Perez.

So your idea is to tell Jews that we shouldn't worry about anti-Semitism and that if we do then it's just "identity politics?"  Pathetic.

You are in a setting in which most of us care about opposing antisemitism but also don't believe that there is any credible evidence that Keith Ellison is an antisemite. There's an easy way to resolve this: Show us that Keith Ellison has done antisemitic things.

Instead, you are taking a claim that ought to be treated seriously and treating it as the equivalent of a playground taunt. It is  wrong, it disgusts me, and I know that you can do better than that.

You know, I have to say, I read some more about this and it looks like most of the stuff Ellison said was in 1989 or 1990.  I still think that Perez is a better pick, but I'm much less invested in this race now.  Mea Culpa

Weren't you a #NeverHillary Democrat in the campaign? I can't imagine why anyone who isn't a Hillary hack would think Perez is a genuinely good choice (as opposed to the lesser evil).

I came around a week or two before the RNC, actually.  I really don't like Hillary, but she was far better than Trump.  And that's exactly how I see Perez: the lesser of two evils.  Neither would be a good Chairman IMO, but I think Perez is at least a better choice from the fundraising perspective which is a key part of the job (DNC chairs have little influence over party policy positions).  I'd rather Ellison stay in the House and try to move up in leadership, it seems like a much better fit.

Why do you think Perez is a better choice for fundraising? As far as I can tell, he's only raised $200,000 in his entire political career.

Well, $200,000 is a lot to raise for an office that you aren't eligible for.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #412 on: January 19, 2017, 07:25:01 PM »

Cheating Gavin endorses Radical Keith! Sad!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #413 on: January 20, 2017, 12:35:53 AM »

Does the Bernievolution within the CA Democratic Party have any influence on the dynamics of this race, or are those completely separate things?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #414 on: January 20, 2017, 01:15:11 AM »

Does the Bernievolution within the CA Democratic Party have any influence on the dynamics of this race, or are those completely separate things?

Separate things, it's kind of a downballot change. And secondly it is over-rated IMO, these are small stuff but many MANY more such small stuff needs to be done & then after a while you may see a reinvigorated Dem party!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #415 on: January 20, 2017, 07:58:25 PM »

Separate things, it's kind of a downballot change. And secondly it is over-rated IMO, these are small stuff but many MANY more such small stuff needs to be done & then after a while you may see a reinvigorated Dem party!

Yeah, exactly. The left lost so badly in the past few years because they have continuously neglected the "small stuff" (State legislatures, etc).
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #416 on: January 22, 2017, 05:23:32 PM »

Per Free Beacon, no candidates except Pete Buttigieg attended the Women's March. The other candidates went to David Brock's donor retreat.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/dnc-chair-hopefuls-skip-womens-march-david-brock-donor-retreat/
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #417 on: January 22, 2017, 05:28:00 PM »

Per Free Beacon, no candidates except Pete Buttigieg attended the Women's March. The other candidates went to David Brock's donor retreat.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/dnc-chair-hopefuls-skip-womens-march-david-brock-donor-retreat/

Jesus...
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #418 on: January 22, 2017, 05:28:44 PM »

Pete wasn't even at the March, he was at the South Bend sister event.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #419 on: January 22, 2017, 05:32:41 PM »

Something interesting I found out about Buttigieg:

The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #420 on: January 24, 2017, 02:32:03 PM »

Ellison commits to keeping Iowa as the first nominating contest, but doesn't say the word "caucus".

SCNCmod

« Reply #421 on: January 24, 2017, 02:51:05 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2017, 03:02:27 PM by SCNCmod »

It seems like a majority of people (or at least a plurality) who have watched the 1st two forums... have been most impressed with Buttigieg (including myself). I wish individuals would vote- rather than let endorsements drive the vote!  At any rate- Here is my pitch regarding Buttigieg (that I posted in another thread)  --------->

I originally was for Dean (since he was a success in the position before).  Then I thought I would be for Tom Perez...
But I've become convinced that Buttigieg is absolutely the best choice  ... He is always on point & sharp as a tack (and he has the demeanor that allows him to give policy stances without coming across as overly partisan).........He didn't wade into the Hillary/Bernie debate......He's been Hugely successful turning around a failing MidWest City........And Most importantly - I think he has the sheer intellect & capability to successfully put together the infrastructure and game plan in place to allow Dems to win back elections across the country.

Buttigieg just seems to over-achieve & succeed in everything he's ever done

1)  In High School- he won the JFK Profiles in Courage Essay (writing an essay about Bernie Sanders Courage as an Ind Senator), was Valedictorian & President of his High School Student Body.

2)  Then Graduated with Honors from Harvard & was President of the Harvard Institute of Politics Student Advisory Committee.

3)  Then went to Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar earning a degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics.

4)  In addition to serving a stint in Afghanistan, he Was elected Mayor of his home town of South Bend at age 29 (the youngest 100k+ population mayor at the time) ... and has more than succeeded in completely Turning around a failing City (one of the best turnaround city stories in the country)...and with the highest ethics & transparency (all of the cities finances are completely available to the public online)...  

5)  I think he will be just as successful in the role of DNC Chair & instituting a system and strategic plan to ensure Dems start winning elections again. (he can use that Rhodes Scholar Brilliance to stay a step ahead of the Republican Party).
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #422 on: January 24, 2017, 03:01:42 PM »

It seems like a majority of people (or at least a plurality) who have watched the 1st two forums... have been most impressed with Buttigieg (including myself). I wish individuals would vote- rather than let endorsements drive the vote!  At any rate- Here is my pitch regarding Buttigieg (that I posted in another thread)  --------->

I originally was for Dean (since he was a success in the position before).  Then I thought I would be for Tom Perez...
But I've become convinced that Buttigieg is absolutely the best choice  ... He is always on point & sharp as a tack (and he has the demeanor that allows him to give policy stances without coming across as overly partisan).........He didn't wade into the Hillary/Bernie debate......He's been Hugely successful turning around a failing MidWest City........And Most importantly - I think he has the sheer intellect & capability to successfully put together the infrastructure and game plan in place to allow Dems to win back elections across the country.

Buttigieg just seems to over-achieve & succeed in everything he's ever done

1)  In High School- he won the JFK Profiles in Courage Essay (writing an essay about Bernie Sanders Courage as an Ind Senator), was Valedictorian & President of his High School Student Body.

2)  Then Graduated with Honors from Harvard & was President of the Harvard Institute of Politics Student Advisory Committee.

3)  Then went to Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar earning a degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics.

4)  In addition to serving a stint in Afghanistan, he Was elected Mayor of his home town of South Bend at age 29 (the youngest 100k+ population mayor at the time) ... and has more than succeeded in completely Turning around a failing City (one of the best turnaround city stories in the country)...and with the highest ethics & transparency (all of the cities finances are completely available to the public online)...   

5)  I think he will be just as successful in the role of DNC Chair & instituting a system and strategic plan to ensure Dems start winning elections again.

We need someone like Buttigieg to run for a statewide or federal office and then president.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #423 on: January 24, 2017, 05:03:41 PM »

Neither. He's a progressive.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #424 on: January 24, 2017, 05:14:52 PM »

Do you really feel like you need to bring up a post from November?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies