The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:29:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 74
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 106594 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: February 13, 2017, 02:21:44 PM »

If it was only symbolic, Perez wouldn't be running, though. He was only pushed into the race to stop Ellison. Clearly, someone thinks it's important to stop Ellison.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #626 on: February 13, 2017, 02:30:30 PM »

If it was only symbolic, Perez wouldn't be running, though. He was only pushed into the race to stop Ellison. Clearly, someone thinks it's important to stop Ellison.

Misguided people with misguided thinking.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #627 on: February 13, 2017, 02:39:27 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2017, 02:47:28 PM by watermelon »

Some people are really naive.  It's pretty obvious that Perez entered the race because Ellison didn't kiss the donors' ring, and they felt they needed their own man.  This election is all about who will control the party:  the rich donors, or the left.  Perez isn't necessarily a bad person, but the fact that as secretary of Labor he was in favor of the TPP (while labor unions were against it) tells me that he puts his career first.  Plus, he hasn't given me any reason to believe he is competent enough to lead the party at a time when Republicans hold the Presidency, the Congress, will soon hold the SCOTUS, and are also in control at the state level.  The Democrats have screwed up badly, and if they think that everything is fine because Hillary won the popular vote against a crazy person, nothing will change.

ETA:  To be honest, after learning more about the candidates, I feel that Buckley is the best person for the job but unfortunately I don't have a vote.  Ellison is my 2nd choice.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #628 on: February 13, 2017, 02:44:59 PM »

There are much stronger gubernatorial candidates than Perez if Democrats choose not to give Hogan a pass.  And of course, there's the fact that there is still no reason to think Ellison would make a good DNC Chair or even that Perez would be a bad one.  All I see is people trying to get a symbolic "victory" by re-ligating stuff from the 2016 primaries that is really pretty irrelevant at this point (and I say that as someone who both voted for and donated to Sanders during the primaries).

Ellison's district, and Minnesota in general, has some of the highest turnout rates in the country. Ellison's proven to be an effective organizer, and that's something Democrats need on a national level by combining the outrage on the left with a policy message. Perez's electoral success is unproven, and his whole mantra of "talking to people again" doesn't compare to the strong urge of actually turning left that Ellison has been pushing in this race.

And if this primary really is only a "symbolic victory", than that's an even BIGGER reason to give it to Ellison. If only the Bernie folks give a damn about the DNC chairmanship, just satisfy their interests instead of having an unnecessary proxy war.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #629 on: February 13, 2017, 02:49:26 PM »

It's so irritating seeing the Bernie fanatics sh**t all over Perez because he doesn't fulfill every requirement on their ideological litmus test. Just because Perez doesn't share all your views doesn't mean that he's a CLINTONISTA SHILL GLOBALIST BIG MONEY PUPPET
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #630 on: February 13, 2017, 02:50:36 PM »

It's so irritating seeing the Bernie fanatics sh**t all over Perez because he doesn't fulfill every requirement on their ideological litmus test. Just because Perez doesn't share all your views doesn't mean that he's a CLINTONISTA SHILL GLOBALIST BIG MONEY PUPPET

That's an idiotic comment and you know it.  The opposition to Perez has little to do with ideological litmus tests.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #631 on: February 13, 2017, 02:57:19 PM »

That's an idiotic comment and you know it.  The opposition to Perez has little to do with ideological litmus tests.

Then what does it have to do with?
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #632 on: February 13, 2017, 02:58:03 PM »

Read my comment above.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #633 on: February 13, 2017, 03:34:10 PM »

For me it's a very clear cut factional struggle within the party.

Ellison is My Guy, and Perez is backed by The Other Guys. The Other Guys have been screwing up the party for 20 years.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #634 on: February 13, 2017, 03:50:52 PM »

Why don't people watch all the DNC Forum videos instead of TYT Politics only.

Perez is one of the weakest & worst candidates. He also has 0 charisma & shouldn't be running for MD Gov., he will lose & had no major political future. He is a generic vanilla cookie.

Ellison has been good but so had Pete B. And so has Ray Buckley who has been very good (who can't make it probably due to the scandals of the past).

Perez is with Sally, Coal Lobbyist SC, Black woman (don't know her name) who is possibly the worst of the lot in the bottom tier !

It is a joke if Perez wins over Ellison - He also has a clear distaste for the Bernie wing if you go through all the DNC Forum videos - He is not a unified & Ellison is a much better grassroots organizer with better plans than him !
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #635 on: February 13, 2017, 07:19:56 PM »

So David Duke kinda endorsed Keith Ellison https://mobile.twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/831273173731536897
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #636 on: February 13, 2017, 07:41:21 PM »

Will the Gabbard haters call Keith Ellison alt-right now?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #637 on: February 14, 2017, 01:51:19 PM »

So this new kid Sam Ronan, a veteran came & now everyone hates the status quo, Hillary's Negative ads, everyone is for abolishing Superdelegates, everyone wants to reach out to the Berniecrats.

Sam Ronan took shots @ others for copying his stance.

Ray Buckley took shots & Pete as Mayor who endorsed Hillary while Ray stayed independent. Ray Buckley talked about the horrible fund-raising agreement with Hillary & so on. Now they are all competing to be progressives.

Still think Keith Ellison is the best candidate. It is clearly between him & Perez
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #638 on: February 14, 2017, 03:26:56 PM »

This is absolutely a troll job.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #639 on: February 14, 2017, 03:45:58 PM »

Dem leadership sucks, part XVII:

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #640 on: February 14, 2017, 04:34:20 PM »

But but I thought we weren't relitigating the primary!  I thought ideology was irrelevant!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #641 on: February 14, 2017, 04:36:05 PM »

But...it was a benefit to the Republican Party to go far-right.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #642 on: February 14, 2017, 04:40:00 PM »

Perez claims 180/224 votes.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #643 on: February 14, 2017, 04:48:22 PM »

I guess we can now look forward to more lost seats in Congress and state legislatures and Cory Booker's humiliating defeat by Trump/Pence in 2020. Grim.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #644 on: February 14, 2017, 04:48:52 PM »

Multiple ballots here we come.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #645 on: February 14, 2017, 04:55:12 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2017, 04:59:43 PM by RogueBeaver »

Multiple ballots maybe, but Perez should prevail. A leading rumour is Buckley endorsing Ellison in exchange for an important technical post. I'd expect Buttigieg to endorse Perez if forced to choose.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #646 on: February 14, 2017, 04:56:09 PM »

Oh my god, why is this happening. Just give it to Ellison! This shouldn't be that hard!
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #647 on: February 14, 2017, 04:58:31 PM »

Oh my god, why is this happening. Just give it to Ellison! This shouldn't be that hard!

They'd rather lose elections than lose control of the Party to insubordinate Left-wingers who would scare off wealthy donors. Not that hard to understand, really.
Trapsy

« Reply #648 on: February 14, 2017, 05:02:13 PM »

Perez is horrible. I'd rather go with Ellison.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #649 on: February 14, 2017, 05:04:40 PM »

Are you f**king kidding me?! Literally all the tops of the party from Chuck, Bernie, Nancy want Keith
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies