The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:55:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 74
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 106176 times)
Fusionmunster

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: February 14, 2017, 05:07:05 PM »

Obama and Biden want Perez, so its probably going to be Perez. It shouldn't be surprising.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #651 on: February 14, 2017, 05:07:24 PM »

Maybe Keith has more already? It just doesn't make sense everyone is backing Keith  
Trapsy

« Reply #652 on: February 14, 2017, 05:07:39 PM »

Proof this guy is an idiot for the donor class of dem party. Policy isnt the job of DNC chair, organizing is.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #653 on: February 14, 2017, 05:09:01 PM »

Are you f**king kidding me?! Literally all the tops of the party from Chuck, Bernie, Nancy want Keith

This. When Chuck Schumer, the current epitome of the establishment dems, wants Ellison, I dont understand why Perez is such a contender.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #654 on: February 14, 2017, 05:09:30 PM »

The DNC is rigged.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #655 on: February 14, 2017, 05:11:11 PM »

Are you f**king kidding me?! Literally all the tops of the party from Chuck, Bernie, Nancy want Keith

This. When Chuck Schumer, the current epitome of the establishment dems, wants Ellison, I dont understand why Perez is such a contender.

Either Ellison already has an edge or the DNC is overwhelmingly full of centrists.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #656 on: February 14, 2017, 05:12:45 PM »

This is pretty damning - it shows that the dnc did nothing wrong in 2016 in terms of strategy and organizing - what a disaster.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #657 on: February 14, 2017, 05:13:23 PM »

Hint: it wasn't in good faith. This is an ancient part of the Establishment playbook. As for my own view, Mondale said it better than I could.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #658 on: February 14, 2017, 05:13:36 PM »

Perez and Ellison literally agree on everything, why the doom and gloom?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #659 on: February 14, 2017, 05:14:18 PM »

How many claimed votes does Ellison have? I'm sure he's either around the same or not that far behind.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #660 on: February 14, 2017, 05:14:26 PM »

They'll be making a huge mistake if they do this... do they not get how tone-deaf this is? Do they not get they'll Perez will be the new DWS, with that reputation right from the beginning?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #661 on: February 14, 2017, 05:15:50 PM »

Perez and Ellison literally agree on everything, why the doom and gloom?
I don't hate Perez but the YT/Bernie wing is gonna flip if Keith loses an possibly leave the party at a time we should be organizing for pushing back on a dangerous demagogue. Also Keith was warning about Trump winning back in 2015 so he knows how to put his ear to the ground
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #662 on: February 14, 2017, 05:18:02 PM »

If Perez wins I'm seriously worried about a 1983-style split which gave Thatcher a landslide re-election despite losing the popular vote. Some of these people already left the party or were talking about leaving even before this.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #663 on: February 14, 2017, 05:20:29 PM »

If Perez is nominated for DNC chair, it's pretty obvious that any real change in the Democratic Party is going to have to come up from the bottom-up, not starting at the national level.

This is honestly sad, though. Instead of realizing where the real energy is and trying to capture that, the DNC would rather sink their heels in further and clutch on to the same ideas that have failed them the last 20 years.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #664 on: February 14, 2017, 05:20:53 PM »

Hint: it wasn't in good faith. This is an ancient part of the Establishment playbook. As for my own view, Mondale said it better than I could.

I don't understand
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #665 on: February 14, 2017, 05:21:42 PM »

They'll be making a huge mistake if they do this... do they not get how tone-deaf this is? Do they not get they'll Perez will be the new DWS, with that reputation right from the beginning?
Trapsy

« Reply #666 on: February 14, 2017, 05:22:13 PM »

If Perez is nominated for DNC chair, it's pretty obvious that any real change in the Democratic Party is going to have to come up from the bottom-up, not starting at the national level.

This is honestly sad, though. Instead of realizing where the real energy is and trying to capture that, the DNC would rather sink their heels in further and clutch on to the same ideas that have failed them the last 20 years.

Democrats are a joke. Howard Dean was the best Chair and he was an outsider at the time.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #667 on: February 14, 2017, 05:24:07 PM »

Obama and Biden want Perez. If Perez wins, the Bernie wing is going to be pissed democrats listened to Obama and not Bernie?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #668 on: February 14, 2017, 05:25:04 PM »

This makes no sense the only explanation is they think Keith has been successfully branded as some black panther anti-Semite so moderates will run away but the only people who buy that garbage will never vote dem
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #669 on: February 14, 2017, 05:29:56 PM »

How many claimed votes does Ellison have? I'm sure he's either around the same or not that far behind.

It doesn't matter. The Perez campaign released these numbers so the uncommitted members of the DNC are convinced the party is coalescing around him.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #670 on: February 14, 2017, 05:33:51 PM »

that may be a good thing, if it comes down to it. Democrats need to be re-built from the bottom-up, and one way to do that is to stop putting faith in national contenders to do their job.
Trapsy

« Reply #671 on: February 14, 2017, 05:36:37 PM »

I am not losing hope, we still have a weekish till the actual vote hopefully Ellison or Buttigieg can win some minds over but I think Buttigieg has momentum on his side with a real message.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://uchicagogate.com/2017/02/12/weve-got-to-fight-fire-with-fire-dnc-chair-candidate-pete-buttigieg/
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #672 on: February 14, 2017, 05:38:51 PM »

that may be a good thing, if it comes down to it. Democrats need to be re-built from the bottom-up, and one way to do that is to stop putting faith in national contenders to do their job.

Yeah, I find what's happening right now in the California Democratic Party pretty encouraging. If that can happen everywhere at the state level, we could see even bigger change. It's just gonna take more effort than trying to change it at the national level, regardless of whether Ellison wins or not.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #673 on: February 14, 2017, 05:38:57 PM »

I don't know how that's going to happen.  Democrats can't force the party to stop letting 400+ rich fcks decide on their chair.  If the establishment is this committed to maintaining business as usual, then anything short of a serious Demexit in favor of the Greens or whatever is not going to force their hand.
Trapsy

« Reply #674 on: February 14, 2017, 05:45:00 PM »

I don't know how that's going to happen.  Democrats can't force the party to stop letting 400+ rich fcks decide on their chair.  If the establishment is this committed to maintaining business as usual, then anything short of a serious Demexit in favor of the Greens or whatever is not going to force their hand.

If they choose Perez, I am done defending this class. I hope Sanders rips the party apart because they never learn.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies