The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:42:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 74
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 106583 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: February 20, 2017, 10:53:54 PM »

I didn't see any sexism coming from the Bernie campaign, and the idea that Bernie himself was sexist is laughable. (If you want to see a sexist, only look at the Oval Office today.) Bernie probably went too easy on Hillary by passing up avenues of attack on her over her e-mails and other character questions.

Yet he continued to attack her well after victory was all but impossible further poisoning the well with a large chunk of the left.

Maybe, but that's because she was on the wrong side of fundamental questions the left held dear.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #851 on: February 20, 2017, 10:58:20 PM »

Lol no one had to "come up with" the idiotic Bernie Bro stereotype. Just go read twitter or Reddit for a few minutes.

I see you still support Trump and are working hard for his re-election.

Uh, no, I voted for Clinton to stop Trump. You threw a tantrum and voted for Kremlin-puppet Jill Stein.

You only voted for her to stop Trump? So she wasn't good enough for you otherwise?

Did I write that I only voted for her to stop Trump? No. Learn to read properly if you're going to respond to my posts.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #852 on: February 20, 2017, 10:59:35 PM »

Lol no one had to "come up with" the idiotic Bernie Bro stereotype. Just go read twitter or Reddit for a few minutes.

Uh, no, I voted for Clinton to stop Trump. You threw a tantrum and voted for Kremlin-puppet Jill Stein.

You only voted for her to stop Trump? So she wasn't good enough for you otherwise?

Did I write that I only voted for her to stop Trump? No. Learn to read properly if you're going to respond to my posts.
these sort of "gotcha" replies are annoying, yes.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #853 on: February 20, 2017, 11:00:33 PM »

I didn't see any sexism coming from the Bernie campaign, and the idea that Bernie himself was sexist is laughable. (If you want to see a sexist, only look at the Oval Office today.) Bernie probably went too easy on Hillary by passing up avenues of attack on her over her e-mails and other character questions.

Yet he continued to attack her well after victory was all but impossible further poisoning the well with a large chunk of the left.

Maybe, but that's because she was on the wrong side of fundamental questions the left held dear.

I dont know, I think the constant labeling of Hillary as an out of touch, puppet of wall street who makes poor decisions and is a warmonger who will say whatever to get elected was more damaging than the inches that seperated Bernie and Hillary politically.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #854 on: February 20, 2017, 11:09:11 PM »

No but that's exactly the kind of comments that a lot of sexist leftists make so I was just making sure.

Well, I voted for her in the primary, gave her money and volunteered for her campaign. I was very proud to vote her for twice. Sorry for being snippy.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #855 on: February 20, 2017, 11:20:23 PM »

No but that's exactly the kind of comments that a lot of sexist leftists make so I was just making sure.

Well, I voted for her in the primary, gave her money and volunteered for her campaign. I was very proud to vote her for twice. Sorry for being snippy.

Nah I'm sorry because I was honestly just messing around from the beginning. I'm trying to reign in my trolling habits online but sometimes it's too tempting.

If you were really trolling, you wouldn't have stopped in the first place Roll Eyes
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #856 on: February 20, 2017, 11:22:31 PM »

So you voted for a Chinese puppet instead? Great job!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_United_States_campaign_finance_controversy
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #857 on: February 20, 2017, 11:24:31 PM »

Wow! John Fetterman was a Sanders guy. I hope Buttigieg gets elected.

I'm glad to see Javier Gonzales endorsed Buttigieg. Hopefully Polis will endorse him soon, allowing the gay mafia to openly support him.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #858 on: February 20, 2017, 11:36:07 PM »

Jfern...why?
SCNCmod

« Reply #859 on: February 20, 2017, 11:39:16 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2017, 11:44:35 PM by SCNCmod »

Sounds like Howard Dean may endorse Buttigieg tomorrow:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This would be great... Maybe Dean still has the respect of some of the members... and the endorsement will have credibility since Dean knows what it takes to run the DNC successfully!  If enough people vote for Buttigieg in the 1st round- he has an outside chance of emerging as the consensus candidate if voting goes several rounds!
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #860 on: February 20, 2017, 11:43:15 PM »

Am I the only one who likes Perez, Ellison, and Buttigieg, and thinks any of the three would do a fine job?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #861 on: February 20, 2017, 11:45:44 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2017, 11:47:45 PM by Lief 🐋 »

Bernie Bros: "We're not sexist! Also, on an unrelated note, wives are guilty of the crimes of their husbands."

Let's be clear here though. Hillary Clinton went to China, and criticized China. Jill Stein went to Russia, and criticized the United States.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #862 on: February 20, 2017, 11:52:43 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2017, 12:03:29 AM by Interlocutor »

I don't know about everyone else here, but I'm looking forward to the CNN debate Wednesday Smiley

I'm pulling for Ellison, but wouldn't mind Buttigieg at all being the chair. I'm worried Perez has it locked up though :/
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #863 on: February 20, 2017, 11:54:28 PM »

Am I the only one who likes Perez, Ellison, and Buttigieg, and thinks any of the three would do a fine job?

Raises hand (ducks)
SCNCmod

« Reply #864 on: February 20, 2017, 11:56:36 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2017, 11:58:17 PM by SCNCmod »

I like all three... But I think Buttigieg would honestly do the best job. He really has his sh%t together and is an incredible political talent... People who have seen him in DNC Chair forums have almost uniformly been very impressed... as have practically everyone in South Bend.  He'll Brilliant & seems to always exceed ppl's expectations (both are rare).  I also think his tone is usually pitch perfect... he knows how to get his point out without turning off people who disagree with him.

Perez seems too forced and trying too hard... I have always been underwhelmed by his political skills (I remember thinking the same thing about him when I looked up video... when he was a potential Hillary VP pick).

I think Ellison is a good congressman... But I'm not convinced he would be good in an executive function.  Also- his game plan tends to rely too heavily on his specific experience in his district (vs a truly macro & micro plan to turn around elections for Dems across the country).  He also seems a bit too focused on policy fights within the party (vs the nuts and bolts and infrastructure needed to win elections)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #865 on: February 21, 2017, 12:05:47 AM »

They're all fine, and I wish people wouldn't be freaking out so much over what is a pretty meaningless position in the grand scheme of things. I think the DNC should probably elect Ellison just to throw the Bernie folks a bone and keep the focus on Trump and the Republicans instead of divisions within the party.

All three are honestly wasted on the DNC Chair.  Should just be a random party bureaucrat. Don't need to waste any of our rising stars on it.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #866 on: February 21, 2017, 12:27:08 AM »

They're all fine, and I wish people wouldn't be freaking out so much over what is a pretty meaningless position in the grand scheme of things. I think the DNC should probably elect Ellison just to throw the Bernie folks a bone and keep the focus on Trump and the Republicans instead of divisions within the party.

All three are honestly wasted on the DNC Chair.  Should just be a random party bureaucrat. Don't need to waste any of our rising stars on it.

The last "random party bureaucrat" was Debbie Wasserman Schultz. The party doesn't need another one.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #867 on: February 21, 2017, 12:31:30 AM »

The last "random party bureaucrat" was Debbie Wasserman Schultz. The party doesn't need another one.

She was a Congresswoman, so no. I also strongly agree it should not be a sitting person in Congress and I think the Democrats are leaning toward this sort of policy, which is why Ellison has now promised to resign his seat.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #868 on: February 21, 2017, 12:34:39 AM »

Actually it's Donna Brazile, feeder of debate questions to the Hillary campaign.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #869 on: February 21, 2017, 07:53:07 AM »

Raises hand (ducks)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #870 on: February 21, 2017, 08:23:59 AM »

Dean sorta endorses Buttigieg.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #871 on: February 21, 2017, 08:24:52 AM »

This election about nothing seems to be going on forever.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #872 on: February 21, 2017, 10:01:45 AM »

Hearing rumors about a whip count around 200 for Ellison.
SCNCmod

« Reply #873 on: February 21, 2017, 10:47:33 AM »

Hearing rumors about a whip count around 200 for Ellison.

Due to secret ballot. the likelihood on multiple voting rounds and maybe partially due to some effect the CNN debate tomorrow could have.. I don't think whip counts mean all that much.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #874 on: February 21, 2017, 11:09:45 AM »

Rep. John Lewis endorses Ellison for DNC Chair.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies