The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:48:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 74
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 106192 times)
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: February 24, 2017, 12:32:09 AM »

If the Democrats pick Perez, they can say goodbye to the Bernie wing. THose people won't be voting Democrat for a long time.

Who are we going to be voting for, then?

the green party.

The Greens last cycle were literally not on the ballot for 499.884 of the 500.000 odd electoral offices in the United States. There was no candidate, so you could not vote for them.

Next option?

Yeah, sometimes it's for lack of interest, or sometimes because they make it very hard for someone else to run. Oklahoma is definitely in the latter category, Johnson last year was the first 3rd party on the ballot for President there in a few elections.

I know.

Indeed, the point is that the two parties have a stranglehold on American democracy.

So which one are we going to pick?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1026 on: February 24, 2017, 01:07:44 AM »

I don't think even Ellison has mentioned anything about the DNC rigging the primaries. But candidate Sam Ronan has.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1027 on: February 24, 2017, 01:17:03 AM »

If the Democrats pick Perez, they can say goodbye to the Bernie wing. THose people won't be voting Democrat for a long time.

the green party.

The Greens last cycle were literally not on the ballot for 499.884 of the 500.000 odd electoral offices in the United States. There was no candidate, so you could not vote for them.

The Green Party exists to give those of us on the (far) left a feel-good option on the ballot. It has zero interest in building a real political force, nor in accomplishing anything more. It's a vanity party and I think it does more harm than good.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1028 on: February 24, 2017, 01:19:16 AM »

the green party.

The Green Party exists to give those of us on the (far) left a feel-good option on the ballot. It has zero interest in building a real political force, nor in accomplishing anything more. It's a vanity party and I think it does more harm than good.

Yep.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #1029 on: February 24, 2017, 02:59:28 AM »

I love all these people that are like

"well, there's really no difference between Ellison and Perez so what's the big deal?" or "this isn't even that important a position so what'st he big deal?"

I dunno.. but it is a big deal to me and apparently it isn't to you.. so how about you just give up and let Ellison have it!  No big deal, right?

Apparently it's a much bigger deal than some of the Perez apologists are willing to admit.  If it wasn't such a big deal you wouldn't be seeing all these behind-the-scenes people trying so hard to get Perez elected.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #1030 on: February 24, 2017, 03:01:51 AM »

the green party.

Next option?

Yeah, sometimes it's for lack of interest, or sometimes because they make it very hard for someone else to run. Oklahoma is definitely in the latter category, Johnson last year was the first 3rd party on the ballot for President there in a few elections.

I know.

Indeed, the point is that the two parties have a stranglehold on American democracy.

This is so depressing but so true.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1031 on: February 24, 2017, 03:05:36 AM »

A lot won't be voting, and others will write someone in or vote 3rd party. And some Bernie people got so pissed at Hillary that they even voted Trump.

I'm aware of that. I had trouble (though I bit the bullet and ended up doing so) marking Clinton on my ballot.

But then we, like everyone else who throws their vote away, will be irrelevant to any political discussion going forward.

I always put political relevance before personal principles.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1032 on: February 24, 2017, 03:07:02 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2017, 03:10:56 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

the green party.

Next option?

I know.

In Vermont, there's the Progressive Party. But in most cases you're not going to have a choice. They have twice as many state legislature seats as every other 3rd party combined.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_the_United_States#Parties_with_state_representation
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1033 on: February 24, 2017, 01:48:16 PM »

Pete B. has to be the most over-rated guy I have seen. He is an okay speaker but I don't see anything impressive or capable for him to be DNC Chair. He is trying to play it both ways. And most Perez supporters who realize Perez sucks are propping him up.

Recently there was a question about Open or Closed Primaries & the 2 pathetic candidates Harrison & Green with the establishment crony Perez all said primaries should be closed while Ellison, Buckley & the Idaho woman said it should be open. Pete once said it should be open & then switched to close.

DNC are making a blunder is not choosing Ellison, we will have clowns like Perez & lobbyists like Harrison!
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1034 on: February 24, 2017, 02:53:42 PM »

Weaver and Mook were just on MSNBC discussing the DNC election, and it's scary how out of touch with reality Mook is.

Weaver was pleading the case that the DNC needs to elect Ellison as DNC chair in order to unify the Democratic party. He also said that electing Perez would send the wrong message to progressives, and that it could fracture the Democratic party. Mook, on the other hand, was arguing that the Democratic party was already united and spewed the same canned line that "any of these candidates would be a good pick for DNC Chair."

I'll say it one more time. Electing Perez as DNC chair would be an unmitigated disaster, and it scares me that most Democratic officials can't see this.

Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1035 on: February 24, 2017, 03:13:37 PM »

Weaver and Mook were just on MSNBC discussing the DNC election, and it's scary how out of touch with reality Mook is.

Weaver was pleading the case that the DNC needs to elect Ellison as DNC chair in order to unify the Democratic party. He also said that electing Perez would send the wrong message to progressives, and that it could fracture the Democratic party. Mook, on the other hand, was arguing that the Democratic party was already united and spewed the same canned line that "any of these candidates would be a good pick for DNC Chair."

I'll say it one more time. Electing Perez as DNC chair would be an unmitigated disaster, and it scares me that most Democratic officials can't see this.

Mook is a stiff who lives by data driven campaigns

The dems are going to somehow blow 2018...just watch

I don't doubt it.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1036 on: February 24, 2017, 03:30:10 PM »

Mook is a stiff who lives by data driven campaigns

The dems are going to somehow blow 2018...just watch

I don't doubt it.

They managed to blow running against a bankrupt, criminal, demented, egotistical, fake, sex maniac working with Russian intelligence. I have ZERO remaining doubts about the Democratic party's ability to screw ANYTHING up.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #1037 on: February 24, 2017, 03:41:16 PM »

Robby Mook needs to go away forever. In fact, he should be laughed off every national campaign going into the future.

It's like some Democrats are still living in July 2016 when Hillary was inevitable and all those evil Berniebros needed to shut up to stop Trump.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1038 on: February 24, 2017, 03:45:25 PM »

On a personal level though are any of you Bernie wing afraid that Trump didn't win over TPP but there is a "whitelash" going on an Keith would be made successfully made into a Muslim bogeyman?
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1039 on: February 24, 2017, 03:46:05 PM »

Robby Mook needs to go away forever. In fact, he should be laughed off every national campaign going into the future.

It's like some Democrats are still living in July 2016 when Hillary was inevitable and all those evil Berniebros needed to shut up to stop Trump.

They sort-of are.

My (admittedly limited) impression is that they're simultaneously convinced that: A) Trump will be so awful, all they'll need to do for the next decade is show up to win a majority of elections and the presidency, and B) there will be no fundamental changes to America or the world in that same time span.

Idiots of Trumpian proportions.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1040 on: February 24, 2017, 03:50:51 PM »

On a personal level though are any of you Bernie wing afraid that Trump didn't win over TPP but there is a "whitelash" going on an Keith would be made successfully made into a Muslim bogeyman?

Given that the visibly church-going black guy is still believed to be a Muslim by most of our brain-numbed opponents on the right, I can't see how actually having a Muslim running the DNC would affect much of anything. The idiots are going to be idiots, even if every national Dem was an old, happily-married church-going white male.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1041 on: February 24, 2017, 03:52:24 PM »

I don't buy the "whitelash" theory, so no. We managed to elect a black junior senator from Illinois named Barack Hussein Obama.

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1042 on: February 24, 2017, 04:49:59 PM »

I really love all the damn bern bros bitching in the thread that they aren't going to vote Dem if they don't get what they want.  You want to know who is out of touch and who is being a brat, look in the mirror.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1043 on: February 24, 2017, 04:55:34 PM »

I really love all the damn bern bros bitching in the thread that they aren't going to vote Dem if they don't get what they want.  You want to know who is out of touch and who is being a brat, look in the mirror.

I hope you're enjoying the Trump presidency you handed us.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1044 on: February 24, 2017, 04:59:27 PM »

Yeah, this thread is getting stupid.
Babeuf

« Reply #1045 on: February 24, 2017, 04:59:47 PM »

It's possible. Bigotry against Muslims is very prevalent in the US and has been for awhile. I don't think we can let that effect our decision making though. The Dems and the left will be tarred with that brush even if they elect Perez.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1046 on: February 24, 2017, 05:17:48 PM »

I'm with Tom.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1047 on: February 24, 2017, 05:24:52 PM »

I really love all the damn bern bros bitching in the thread that they aren't going to vote Dem if they don't get what they want.  You want to know who is out of touch and who is being a brat, look in the mirror.

Dismiss "Bernie bros" at your own peril Democrats. It appears that you've learned nothing from 2016.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1048 on: February 24, 2017, 05:35:13 PM »

There's no reasoning with these people. They're children. We basically let Bernie write the platform in 2016, an unprecedented thing, especially because he lost so thoroughly. They still threw a fit and almost ruined the DNC with their booing and protests. Now they feel like they deserve to lead the party because... uh... they came in 2nd in the 2016 primaries? It's not even a policy thing, Perez is as progressive as Ellison, they just hate anyone who dares to oppose their heroes.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1049 on: February 24, 2017, 05:38:00 PM »

I really love all the damn bern bros bitching in the thread that they aren't going to vote Dem if they don't get what they want.  You want to know who is out of touch and who is being a brat, look in the mirror.

Dismiss "Bernie bros" at your own peril Democrats. It appears that you've learned nothing from 2016.

Dude, I voted for Sanders in the primary and I support Ellison, I still think this thread is stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies