The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:21:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 74
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 106666 times)
ShamDam
ChanDan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: February 24, 2017, 05:38:08 PM »

There's no reasoning with these people. They're children. We basically let Bernie write the platform in 2016, an unprecedented thing, especially because he lost so thoroughly. They still threw a fit and almost ruined the DNC with their booing and protests. Now they feel like they deserve to lead the party because... uh... they came in 2nd in the 2016 primaries? It's not even a policy thing, Perez is as progressive as Ellison, they just hate anyone who dares to oppose their heroes.

But if they're children that can't be reasoned with, shouldn't we give them what they want? We're just going to lose again if they're not on board, and it won't be much consolation to take the moral high ground afterward.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1051 on: February 24, 2017, 05:38:35 PM »

Irt the 'whitelash' theory: I think it would be the wrong decision for the democrats to conclude from 2016 that "omg white blue collar voters are all racist thugs who will never vote for a party with a black Muslim leader!!!".
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1052 on: February 24, 2017, 05:39:33 PM »

I'm still calling racism if Ellison loses.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1053 on: February 24, 2017, 05:47:18 PM »

I really love all the damn bern bros bitching in the thread that they aren't going to vote Dem if they don't get what they want.  You want to know who is out of touch and who is being a brat, look in the mirror.

Yeah, this thread is getting stupid.

Dismiss "Bernie bros" at your own peril Democrats. It appears that you've learned nothing from 2016.
Man you really are acting like a child. Go out like we are and fight the real enemy instead of being some bitter petty asshole all the time. It does nothing for you but bring you pain and dissatisfaction. 
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1054 on: February 24, 2017, 05:47:35 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2017, 06:04:21 PM by Confused Democrat »

I really love all the damn bern bros bitching in the thread that they aren't going to vote Dem if they don't get what they want.  You want to know who is out of touch and who is being a brat, look in the mirror.

Dismiss "Bernie bros" at your own peril Democrats. It appears that you've learned nothing from 2016.

Dude, I voted for Sanders in the primary and I support Ellison, I still think this thread is stupid.

Good for you, but a lot of people don't feel the same way you do. I don't think calling these people stupid and their ideas stupid is productive.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1055 on: February 24, 2017, 05:51:22 PM »

Dude, I voted for Sanders in the primary and I support Ellison, I still think this thread is stupid.

Good for you, but a lot of people don't feel the same way you do. I don't think calling these people stupid and their ideas stupid is not productive.

Tell me who's calling their ideas stupid? I'm with Gass on this one.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1056 on: February 24, 2017, 05:55:14 PM »

Dean says Buttigieg will not be endorsing anyone.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1057 on: February 24, 2017, 05:58:35 PM »

I really love all the damn bern bros bitching in the thread that they aren't going to vote Dem if they don't get what they want.  You want to know who is out of touch and who is being a brat, look in the mirror.

Man you really are acting like a child. Go out like we are and fight the real enemy instead of being some bitter petty asshole all the time. It does nothing for you but bring you pain and dissatisfaction. 

Way to make stupid assumptions about my character.

After Bernie lost, I went out volunteered a ton of my time to help campaign for Hillary Clinton during the general. I'm active within my local Democratic Party, and campaign for local Democrats in my area. I'm doing my part.

It's you and the rest of the DNC who needs to wake up and take a look in the mirror, because what you've been doing clearly hasn't been working. Democratic U.S. Senate seats have fallen from 55 to 46. Our share of the House has plummeted from 256 seats to 194. Republicans still control both chambers. We've lost 958 state legislative seats. Democratic governerships have slipped from 28 to 16. We're losing, and it's not because of "Bernie bros."

JFC.

Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1058 on: February 24, 2017, 06:00:47 PM »

Good for you, but a lot of people don't feel the same way you do. I don't think calling these people stupid and their ideas stupid is not productive.

Tell me who's calling their ideas stupid? I'm with Gass on this one.

If our ideas aren't stupid, why are Democrats resisting us at nearly every turn?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1059 on: February 24, 2017, 06:13:37 PM »

After Bernie lost, I went out volunteered a ton of my time to help campaign for Hillary Clinton during the general. I'm active within my local Democratic Party, and campaign for local Democrats in my area. I'm doing my part.

It's you and the rest of the DNC who needs to wake up and take a look in the mirror, because what you've been doing clearly hasn't been working. Democratic U.S. Senate seats have fallen from 55 to 46. Our share of the House has plummeted from 256 seats to 194. Republicans still control both chambers. We've lost 958 state legislative seats. Democratic governerships have slipped from 28 to 16. We're losing, and it's not because of "Bernie bros."

JFC.

Yet instead of trying to fix these things you want to take your ball and go sit in the damn corner.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1060 on: February 24, 2017, 06:16:46 PM »

JFC.

Yet instead of trying to fix these things you want to take your ball and go sit in the damn corner.

We are trying to fix them. That's what Ellison's candidacy is about!
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1061 on: February 24, 2017, 06:17:46 PM »

JFC.

Ok, but don't be a child and gripe when you lose. Somethings are more important than that.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1062 on: February 24, 2017, 06:19:58 PM »

JFC.

Don't know how you got that from my post.

I'm about as involved in the Democratic Party as someone my age can get, and yet you think I'm taking my ball and sitting in the damn corner. LOL

Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1063 on: February 24, 2017, 06:24:33 PM »

I really love all the damn bern bros bitching in the thread that they aren't going to vote Dem if they don't get what they want.  You want to know who is out of touch and who is being a brat, look in the mirror.

JFC.

Ok, but don't be a child and gripe when you lose. Somethings are more important than that.

You know all too well that's exactly what's going to happen if Ellison loses, so why not elect him and avoid it all together?

Stop trying to take the moral high ground.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1064 on: February 24, 2017, 06:29:01 PM »

JFC.

You know all too well that's exactly what's going to happen if Ellison loses, so why not elect him and avoid it all together?

Because adults don't give in to children.  That's why
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1065 on: February 24, 2017, 06:34:23 PM »

If this really is just a ceremonial position, as I hear so many people here say . . . then why not let Ellison have it? Even if just to throw a bone to the Sanders wing.

Answer: It's not ceremonial. It's a final attempt by Obama to keep control of the Democratic Party.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #1066 on: February 24, 2017, 06:34:41 PM »

JFC.

I'm about as involved in the Democratic Party as someone my age can get, and yet you think I'm taking my ball and sitting in the damn corner. LOL

Honestly there's no way you can reason with spoiled children like JerryArkansas or Lief.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #1067 on: February 24, 2017, 06:35:02 PM »

If this really is just a ceremonial position, as I hear so many people here say . . . then why not let Ellison have it? Even if just to throw a bone to the Sanders wing.

Answer: It's not ceremonial. It's a final attempt by Obama to keep control of the Democratic Party.

Bingo.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1068 on: February 24, 2017, 06:38:02 PM »

Bingo!

Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1069 on: February 24, 2017, 06:40:37 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2017, 06:46:05 PM by Confused Democrat »

JFC.

Because adults don't give in to children.  That's why

"Adults" also like to lose elections.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1070 on: February 24, 2017, 06:41:44 PM »

JFC.

Honestly there's no way you can reason with spoiled children like JerryArkansas or Lief.
We're not the ones threatening to leave the party because we don't get our way. That's you guys. Love the projection though. Haven't seen it in a while.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1071 on: February 24, 2017, 06:47:01 PM »

It seems many Democrats can't discuss differences of opinion or vision for the future of the party without lots of insults. I guess this is yet another reason why we lose elections and can't have nice things.

I'm with Gass in that I supported Sanders and currently support Ellison, but even if Perez becoming chair represents a symbolic victory for the establishment, why is that the end of the world? It's not like Perez is a corporate centrist shill, and it's not like Senators like Sanders will become invisible. Change generally does come from the bottom up, and what's far more important that who becomes the chair of the DNC is who shows up to vote in 2017 and 2018.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1072 on: February 24, 2017, 06:47:40 PM »

Rather simplified message from across the UK- saying you'll leave if your Candidate doesn't win, or calling your opponents corporatist sellouts, or whatever doesn't make your party stronger. It makes it a lot more shift- left/centre left people continue to argue about pointless crap, whilst the right get on with the job of running the country.

The democrats have the choice between a Hispanic civil rights attorney, who was Labor Secretary to the most progressive democratic President since the 1960s, and a Muslim community activist. They're both progressive, they're both good and frankly there's bigger issues than whether your own factional candidate gets to call up DNC donors or not
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1073 on: February 24, 2017, 06:50:11 PM »

JFC.

We're not the ones threatening to leave the party because we don't get our way. That's you guys. Love the projection though. Haven't seen it in a while.

You want to dismiss the Sanders wing as "children who don't know what's good for them", then you pay the price. Considering the leaks that occurred on day 1 of the DNC, I'd say they've given way too many chances.

VP pick: Hillary could've picked Sherrod Brown, Elizabeth Warren, Mark Dayton, Pete Shumlin, Keith Ellison or someone else. No, she picked Tim Kaine

Campaign: Bernie supporters in Wisconsin cry out "Come to Wisconsin or you'll lose it!". She ignores them, assuming it's on lock. She loses Wisconsin.

DNC chair: Bernie supporters rally around Ellison. You say it's ceremonial, so let him have it. Instead, you push Perez in a last ditch effort to maintain the influence of the Third Way centrists.

They would be perfectly within their right to say "get lost", but now their Justice Democrats movement is gaining traction. Some still believe they can change things from within . . . don't piss away that last ounce of goodwill they have.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1074 on: February 24, 2017, 06:52:28 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2017, 06:55:13 PM by JerryArkansas »

JFC.

You want to dismiss the Sanders wing as "children who don't know what's good for them", then you pay the price. Considering the leaks that occurred on day 1 of the DNC, I'd say they've given way too many chances.

VP pick: Hillary could've picked Sherrod Brown, Elizabeth Warren, Mark Dayton, Pete Shumlin, Keith Ellison or someone else. No, she picked Tim Kaine

Campaign: Bernie supporters in Wisconsin cry out "Come to Wisconsin or you'll lose it!". She ignores them, assuming it's on lock. She loses Wisconsin.

DNC chair: Bernie supporters rally around Ellison. You say it's ceremonial, so let him have it. Instead, you push Perez in a last ditch effort to maintain the influence of the Third Way centrists.

They would be perfectly within their right to say "get lost", but now their Justice Democrats movement is gaining traction. Some still believe they can change things from within . . . don't piss away that last ounce of goodwill they have.
No I dismiss the children who bitch when they don't get what they want. That is all I have talked about in this thread.  So first off read my posts before trying to drag me.

All of you need to learn something. If the post isn't about you or doesn't apply to you, don't get bitchy about it.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies