The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:23:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 104543 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1700 on: February 25, 2017, 05:06:13 PM »

Democratic registration just went down 10 percentage points.

Good one. Rank-and-file Democrats don't care that much about this.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1701 on: February 25, 2017, 05:07:00 PM »

I'm concerned about how eager the Sanders wing (again, this is coming from a guy who supported Sanders) is to label anyone who could in any way be associated with the "establishment" as an enemy. If we were talking about someone like Cuomo, the outrage would be justified, in my opinion. But Perez is now our worst enemy? I know progressives who started to hate Warren last year because she didn't endorse Sanders, and endorsed Clinton in June, before Sanders dropped out. Yes, f***ing Warren is a neoliberal corporate shill now. Are Sanders Democrats going to refuse to support someone like Sherrod Brown in 2020, who is obviously progressive, because he's "too close" to the establishment? Will they only go for candidates who piss off the old guards? If that's your only criteria, then get ready for a Democratic Trump to come along. Seriously, some people are worse about the word "establishment" than Wulfric is about the word "socalist."

I think the Democratic Party needs new leadership as much as anyone else. I'm pissed as hell that the old guards drove the party into a lake between 2008 and 2016, and seem 100% tone-deaf. Change needs to occur, but making the "Democratic establishment" your North Star, and then heading to the South Pole isn't the answer. The goal has to be about values and principles, and getting more people involved. Yes, when Democrats do sell out to corporate interests, and present themselves as "Republican lite", by all means, give them hell for it. However, don't label any Democrat supported by Obama or Clinton or an "establishment Democrat" the enemy, even if they share and promote progressive values.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1702 on: February 25, 2017, 05:15:38 PM »

He's right, they shouldn't leave the party. They need to conquer it, State after State, county after county.

Exactly!Using the same organizing tactics as the tea parties.

Indeed. It worked wonders for the GOP, no reason it won't for us.

That's assuming the state parties don't try to kneecap us, which they certainly will try to.

Well, didn't we just take over California and a few other State parties? I'm sure we can do the same elsewhere.

Except the California Democrats weren't prepared. Watch as the other state parties pass rules to kneecap Bernie supporters. They'd rather lose with the Third Wayer than win with a progressive.

How would they kneecap Bernie supporters? Abolish caucuses? Get out the vote efforts in minority-heavy areas? Yeah, really nefarious stuff. The Bernie wing is a large minority in the party, but a minority nonetheless.

And you still need this minority as well to win. Currently the "establishment" controls almost all major party posts.

Also, let's dispel with the fiction there's a permanent majority. When Sanders started running, he was believed to end us as an asterix candidate, guess where it came from there already.

I'm all for cooperation between the two wings, but it can't be one-sided.

I guess what I meant about them being the minority is that the honus is theirs to expand their influence within the party, not to blackmail the majority. One leads to them eventually getting the majority in the near future and getting to call the shots for the whole party, the other leads to being shut out of power for possibly several decades.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1703 on: February 25, 2017, 05:53:16 PM »

Democratic registration just went down 10 percentage points.

Good one. Rank-and-file Democrats don't care that much about this.

Enough do, the DNC just spat In their face. Congrats on Dems delusional thinking on continuing failed strategies.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1704 on: February 25, 2017, 06:18:32 PM »

Sherrod Brown is almost certainly going to lose in 2018. Don't know why people keep mentioning him.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #1705 on: February 25, 2017, 06:20:20 PM »

Sherrod Brown is almost certainly going to lose in 2018. Don't know why people keep mentioning him.

What are you smoking? He's an incredibly talented politician whose likely opponent is somebody he beat by 6 points last time
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #1706 on: February 25, 2017, 06:22:19 PM »

So this is the new DNC Chair:

Could these morons possibly find anyone more divisive?  That was honestly the most sick, disgusting and dishonest thing the Clinton campaign did during the primary and this punk was behind it.  He can go f*** himself.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1707 on: February 25, 2017, 06:23:23 PM »

Surely having a race-baiting neoliberal in charge of the DNC will help Sherrod Brown.

/snark
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1708 on: February 25, 2017, 06:23:29 PM »

Could these morons possibly find anyone more divisive?  That was honestly the most sick, disgusting and dishonest thing the Clinton campaign did during the primary and this punk was behind it.  He can go f*** himself.

As I said, disgrace to mankind.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1709 on: February 25, 2017, 06:23:56 PM »

Didn't Sanders also say that Clinton was unqualified to be Commander in chief?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1710 on: February 25, 2017, 06:24:19 PM »

Unity! Smiley
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1711 on: February 25, 2017, 06:25:58 PM »

What is Shadowproof?  Is this an updated version of CommonDreams? 
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1712 on: February 25, 2017, 06:26:32 PM »

Sad

if only we had Buckley-mentum.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1713 on: February 25, 2017, 06:29:29 PM »

there is sooo much BS about ellison on the web.......depends more on the question if one wants to be insulted, imho.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1714 on: February 25, 2017, 06:38:36 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/835610917568200705

i like perez more each second.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1715 on: February 25, 2017, 06:41:39 PM »

Please don't tell me you guys are actually stupid enough to be successfully trolled by Donald Trump.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1716 on: February 25, 2017, 06:44:43 PM »

Man, he'd have been solid. Oh well.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1717 on: February 25, 2017, 06:47:03 PM »

Please don't tell me you guys are actually stupid enough to be successfully trolled by Donald Trump.

trump has no clue who ellison or perez are and would have written the same anyway.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1718 on: February 25, 2017, 06:49:03 PM »

Lots of chairs being thrown ITT
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1719 on: February 25, 2017, 06:51:38 PM »

trump has no clue who ellison or perez are and would have written the same anyway.

Obviously, I mean I'm sure someone is going to take that tweet as proof Perez is a closet Republican or something.  *sigh*
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1720 on: February 25, 2017, 06:57:03 PM »

Bernie Bros -sour grapes and sore losers.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1721 on: February 25, 2017, 06:57:47 PM »

Bernie Bros -sour  grapes and sore losers.

Your side has 100% control of the party, but have fun losing without us.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #1722 on: February 25, 2017, 06:58:02 PM »

No offense, but are you stupid or something?  This clown, after the New Hampshire primary sent Podesta an email saying that Bernie may have the youth vote but we can try and create a narrative that he only has the white youth vote, which would play well in South Carolina (his exact words).

This is Dirty Politics 101, the kind of tactics I usually expect from Republicans, not someone leading the Democratic party.  It is dishonest because I am sure this punk knows Bernie wasn't racist, and extremely hurtful to many progressives who were portrayed essentially as white supremacists.

If you're happy with this a-hole, fine, be my guest.  But Perez doesn't give a f*** for anyone but himself and his bosses.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #1723 on: February 25, 2017, 06:59:23 PM »

Bernie Bros -sour grapes and sore losers.

Goodbye punk.  Keep insulting people.  It will surely help you win elections.  Pathetic.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1724 on: February 25, 2017, 06:59:44 PM »

No offense, but are you stupid or something?  This clown, after the New Hampshire primary sent Podesta an email saying that Bernie may have the youth vote but we can try and create a narrative that he only has the white youth vote, which would play well in South Carolina (his exact words).

This is Dirty Politics 101, the kind of tactics I usually expect from Republicans, not someone leading the Democratic party.  It is dishonest because I am sure this punk knows Bernie wasn't racist, and extremely hurtful to many progressives who were portrayed essentially as white supremacists.

If you're happy with this a-hole, fine, be my guest.  But Perez doesn't give a f*** for anyone but himself and his bosses.

Aren't American Politics ugly ?

I read something about the Southern Democrats breaking off from the National Democratic Party during the 1948 election, and of course, the 1964 election with the Daisy Ad.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies