The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:04:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 106182 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1725 on: February 25, 2017, 07:01:01 PM »

So this is the new DNC Chair:

Could these morons possibly find anyone more divisive?  That was honestly the most sick, disgusting and dishonest thing the Clinton campaign did during the primary and this punk was behind it.  He can go f*** himself.

Didn't Sanders also say that Clinton was unqualified to be Commander in chief?

No offense, but are you stupid or something?  This clown, after the New Hampshire primary sent Podesta an email saying that Bernie may have the youth vote but we can try and create a narrative that he only has the white youth vote, which would play well in South Carolina (his exact words).

This is Dirty Politics 101, the kind of tactics I usually expect from Republicans, not someone leading the Democratic party.  It is dishonest because I am sure this punk knows Bernie wasn't racist, and extremely hurtful to many progressives who were portrayed essentially as white supremacists.

If you're happy with this a-hole, fine, be my guest.  But Perez doesn't give a f*** for anyone but himself and his bosses.

Given how credible you take this source to be, I'm sure you won't condemn any Trumpist who uses Breitbart news or anything equivalent.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1726 on: February 25, 2017, 07:13:22 PM »

Has this been mentioned?

Edward-Isaac Dovere ‏@IsaacDovere  6m6 minutes ago
Bill de Blasio just left the DNC meeting after spending nearly 10 hours standing by the wall checking his phone - last big player to leave
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1727 on: February 25, 2017, 07:21:07 PM »

I love how Ellison supporters are supposedly having a tantrum when his (apparent) opponents are using bloated terms like "childish," far-left," "infantile," and "BernieBro" to describe his disappointed supporters.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1728 on: February 25, 2017, 07:22:31 PM »

I love how Ellison supporters are supposedly having a tantrum when his (apparent) opponents are using bloated terms like "childish," far-left," "infantile," and "BernieBro" to describe his disappointed supporters.

I'm not. Frankly...... I think Tom Perez will resign after 2020......
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1729 on: February 25, 2017, 07:24:52 PM »

I hate to be the "come on, let's give him a chance" guy, but... come on, folks. Perez isn't some centrist corporatist hack. He might prove to be an effective, progressive leader. If he ends up being as tone-deaf as people like DWS, I'll be there to call him out on it.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #1730 on: February 25, 2017, 07:30:58 PM »

Perez won because of Obama and Biden. Just the fact that Perez and Ellison were so close even with a public Biden endorsement should prove how powerful the Bernie-wing is and will become.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1731 on: February 25, 2017, 07:36:19 PM »

I hate to be the "come on, let's give him a chance" guy, but... come on, folks. Perez isn't some centrist corporatist hack. He might prove to be an effective, progressive leader. If he ends up being as tone-deaf as people like DWS, I'll be there to call him out on it.

that's my hope. I'm not optimistic, but I think Perez will at least be better than DWS. Not saying much, but it is what it is.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #1732 on: February 25, 2017, 07:41:12 PM »

Welp, forever Indy. The Democratic party refuses to come to 2017, while desperately holding onto the 90s.

As a former Republican, we can be independents together! I vote for the person, not the party!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1733 on: February 25, 2017, 07:41:55 PM »

Islamaphobia is alive and well in the Democratic Party.

(I don't actually believe that, but since "muh sexism" was the calling card of the Clintards... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1734 on: February 25, 2017, 07:46:28 PM »

Berniecrats in this thread:

"Wah, wah, the candidate I liked more 'cause muh tone and symbols lost the fundraising and electoral strategizing role to someone I don't like cause muh neolibrals."

GMAFB
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1735 on: February 25, 2017, 07:47:57 PM »

"Wah, wah, the candidate I liked more 'cause muh tone and symbols lost the fundraising and electoral strategizing role to someone I don't like cause muh neolibrals."

GMAFB

Electoral strategizing is, in fact, the main thing that there's reason to believe Perez will be non-trivially worse at.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1736 on: February 25, 2017, 07:57:36 PM »
« Edited: February 25, 2017, 08:00:16 PM by Devout Centrist »

GMAFB

Electoral strategizing is, in fact, the main thing that there's reason to believe Perez will be non-trivially worse at.
Steele was rather inept and yet, the Republicans won in 2010. And Barbour was just a lobbyist in 1993 who also lost a senate race in Mississippi badly.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1737 on: February 25, 2017, 07:59:31 PM »

Could these morons possibly find anyone more divisive?  That was honestly the most sick, disgusting and dishonest thing the Clinton campaign did during the primary and this punk was behind it.  He can go f*** himself.

No offense, but are you stupid or something?  This clown, after the New Hampshire primary sent Podesta an email saying that Bernie may have the youth vote but we can try and create a narrative that he only has the white youth vote, which would play well in South Carolina (his exact words).

This is Dirty Politics 101, the kind of tactics I usually expect from Republicans, not someone leading the Democratic party.  It is dishonest because I am sure this punk knows Bernie wasn't racist, and extremely hurtful to many progressives who were portrayed essentially as white supremacists.

If you're happy with this a-hole, fine, be my guest.  But Perez doesn't give a f*** for anyone but himself and his bosses.

Given how credible you take this source to be, I'm sure you won't condemn any Trumpist who uses Breitbart news or anything equivalent.

The DKIM verified e-mail is here. Tom Perez sees identity politics as something that can be used in a divide and conquer manner against progressives.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/4429
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1738 on: February 25, 2017, 08:00:23 PM »

How so? Over the course of the "campaign", Perez and Ellison held remarkably similar ideas on how the DNC should move forward and crafting messages across the country. Ellison focused on energizing the base more, sure, but Perez emphasized the importance of voter rights in this tumultuous time where they're in grave danger. Making sure people are able to vote is an important electoral strategy in my opinion.

It's also important to realize that the DNC chair might provide a vision for how the party should go, but the position is much more about fundraising and Sunday talk shows than anything else.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1739 on: February 25, 2017, 08:01:25 PM »

The DKIM verified e-mail is here. Tom Perez sees identity politics as something that can be used in a divide and conquer manner against progressives.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
THAT BASTARD
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1740 on: February 25, 2017, 08:03:52 PM »

LOL, Wikileaks?!  Is this the same group that won't release anything critical of their boy Trump?  And you consider them a reliable source?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1741 on: February 25, 2017, 08:06:38 PM »

THAT BASTARD

Irrelevant paragraph

LOL, Wikileaks?!  Is this the same group that won't release anything critical of their boy Trump?  And you consider them a reliable source?

Of course their DKIM verified e-mails are a reliable source. Much more reliable than any of your sources.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1742 on: February 25, 2017, 08:07:32 PM »

THAT BASTARD

Irrelevant paragraph

Could these morons possibly find anyone more divisive?  That was honestly the most sick, disgusting and dishonest thing the Clinton campaign did during the primary and this punk was behind it.  He can go f*** himself.

No offense, but are you stupid or something?  This clown, after the New Hampshire primary sent Podesta an email saying that Bernie may have the youth vote but we can try and create a narrative that he only has the white youth vote, which would play well in South Carolina (his exact words).

This is Dirty Politics 101, the kind of tactics I usually expect from Republicans, not someone leading the Democratic party.  It is dishonest because I am sure this punk knows Bernie wasn't racist, and extremely hurtful to many progressives who were portrayed essentially as white supremacists.

If you're happy with this a-hole, fine, be my guest.  But Perez doesn't give a f*** for anyone but himself and his bosses.

LOL, Wikileaks?!  Is this the same group that won't release anything critical of their boy Trump?  And you consider them a reliable source?

It's a DKIM verified e-mail. Sure, attack the source, but it's verified.
Oh, sorry, I forgot that the left shouldn't take their blinders off.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1743 on: February 25, 2017, 08:16:10 PM »

Bernie Bros -sour grapes and sore losers.

Goodbye punk.  Keep insulting people.  It will surely help you win elections.  Pathetic.

Oh, I'm so sorry, did you Bernie Bros somehow feel entitled to this position?
Trapsy

« Reply #1744 on: February 25, 2017, 08:17:21 PM »

https://twitter.com/JeffSmithMO/status/835650380650381312

lol
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1745 on: February 25, 2017, 08:20:36 PM »

Goodbye punk.  Keep insulting people.  It will surely help you win elections.  Pathetic.

Oh, I'm so sorry, did you 3rd way establishment hacks somehow feel entitled to winning elections?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1746 on: February 25, 2017, 08:22:32 PM »

Goodbye punk.  Keep insulting people.  It will surely help you win elections.  Pathetic.

Drop the namecalling, Islamaphobe.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #1747 on: February 25, 2017, 08:26:49 PM »

When will you realize your party doesn't give a s--t about you?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1748 on: February 25, 2017, 08:28:19 PM »

Frodo, serious question, do you consider me to be a Bernie bro?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1749 on: February 25, 2017, 08:31:35 PM »

Get the hell over yourself.  God damn you are being so insufferable right now.  I should know.  Bitter children the all of you. 

YOU of all people shouldn't be able to tell anyone not to be childish
So I can't call a spade a spade?

You are a clueless hack & show some respect. That was a fair comment !
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies