The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:06:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 106651 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1775 on: February 26, 2017, 12:01:39 AM »

Frodo, serious question, do you consider me to be a Bernie bro?

When I use that phrase, I use it specifically for obnoxious Bernie supporters like jfern.  I don't have you (or anything like you) in mind who displays some semblance of sanity.  That is unless you actually identify with him.

Do you?
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1776 on: February 26, 2017, 12:15:19 AM »

Still can't believe how our True Leftist (is that better?) friends are hyperventilating over this.

I'm not surprised; you seem to think that everything is fine.

Everything. Is. Not. Fine.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1777 on: February 26, 2017, 12:16:10 AM »

Still can't believe how our True Leftist (is that better?) friends are hyperventilating over this.

And guess how you fix that? Hint: not by obsessing over a mostly ceremonial post.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1778 on: February 26, 2017, 12:19:33 AM »
« Edited: February 26, 2017, 12:21:07 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

3rd wayers like Frodo who control the party can't help but 3rd way splain to powerless progresssives that they should suck up and vote for their corrupt neoliberal corporate candidates who always throw progressives under the bus. Progressives are done being sh**t on. They couldn't even choose a candidate who bent over backwards for Hillary people, backed off from his no corporate money pledge,k and had the support of a lot of Hillary people. Because the 3rd way would rather lose without progressives than give the slightest bit of power to progressives.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1779 on: February 26, 2017, 12:25:58 AM »

everything IS fine.

well...

when was the DNC the last time led by someone with MORE lefty credentials than perez?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1780 on: February 26, 2017, 12:27:43 AM »

everything IS fine.

well...

when was the DNC the last time led by someone with MORE lefty credentials than perez?

Probably plenty of times, but certainly Paul Kirk.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1781 on: February 26, 2017, 12:31:05 AM »

that would have been some time ago. Wink

atm perez's progressive agenda gets backrolled by ryan, those people hate him for a reason.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1782 on: February 26, 2017, 12:33:10 AM »

that would have been some time ago. Wink

atm perez's progressive agenda gets backrolled by ryan, those people hate him for a reason.

Others since then might have more progressive, I don't really know, but the Clintons (and now Obama) have been in control of the party for a long time. Dean might have been more progressive too, but I don't think anyone since the Clintons took power can really pass as a progressive, while Paul Kirk can.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1783 on: February 26, 2017, 12:33:23 AM »

No one sane believes that everything is fine. But many people don't think that turning the democratic party into an ideologically pure true leftisttm only club is the solution. The party's main problem is a horrific lack of organization, not people who don't agree perfectly with the berniecrats.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1784 on: February 26, 2017, 12:35:23 AM »

No one sane believes that everything is fine. But many people don't think that turning the democratic party into an ideologically pure true leftisttm only club is the solution. The party's main problem is a horrific lack of organization, not people who don't agree perfectly with the berniecrats.

Electing Ellison as DNC chair certainly wouldn't do that. But it would have given some amount of power to progressives, versus the zero they currently have in the party. But instead they elected someone who got thrown off the ballot because he wasn't qualified when he ran for public office. Like that guy is going to solve the horrific lack of organization problem.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1785 on: February 26, 2017, 12:38:06 AM »

every big party has wings, especially in the US with the hyper-combined two-party-system.

here in german we even say that the correct level of escalation would be "enemy --> arch-enemy --> fellow party member."

if one wing wants to obliterate the other one, be my guest, but this would kill any chances of winning at all anyway.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1786 on: February 26, 2017, 12:48:43 AM »

And guess how you fix that? Hint: not by obsessing over a mostly ceremonial post.

See my post in the other thread.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1787 on: February 26, 2017, 01:06:37 AM »

Electing Ellison as DNC chair certainly wouldn't do that. But it would have given some amount of power to progressives, versus the zero they currently have in the party. But instead they elected someone who got thrown off the ballot because he wasn't qualified when he ran for public office. Like that guy is going to solve the horrific lack of organization problem.

Progressives have quite the voice in the party. Ellison only lost by a hair. And what I was talking about previously is more people like you in the base who get outraged whenever a faction of the party that isn't your own gets a win and want to purge the party of those the berniecrats have decided are enemies.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1788 on: February 26, 2017, 01:09:23 AM »
« Edited: February 26, 2017, 01:11:31 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Progressives have quite the voice in the party. Ellison only lost by a hair. And what I was talking about previously is more people like you in the base who get outraged whenever a faction of the party that isn't your own gets a win and want to purge the party of those the berniecrats have decided are enemies.

3rd way has repeatedly thrown progressives under the bus, claiming they knew better. Well, the Democrats lost a lot of seats under Obama. Then with the 2016 primary, the myth of the Bernie Bro, English only chants, chair throwing, and other lies propagated threw the corporate media were use to take down progressives. The DNC started a new cold war to distract people from the Wikileaks e-mails that showed how terrible they were. Hillary declared we will never have single payer. It's clear that 3rd way isn't interested in compromising with progressives, but just like to claim they're their adults while they run the party into the ground.

Progressives like me don't have a voice. A candidate who bent over backwards for Hillary people, had the support of many Hillary people, backed off from his plan to ban corporate money still lost. They wouldn't even give us that. Of course if Ellison had won, the party leadership would mostly be terrible, but we'd have something at the table. Now we have no power and have no reason to work with the abusers that run the Democratic party.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1789 on: February 26, 2017, 01:01:23 PM »

3rd way has repeatedly thrown progressives under the bus, claiming they knew better. Well, the Democrats lost a lot of seats under Obama. Then with the 2016 primary, the myth of the Bernie Bro, English only chants, chair throwing, and other lies propagated threw the corporate media were use to take down progressives. The DNC started a new cold war to distract people from the Wikileaks e-mails that showed how terrible they were. Hillary declared we will never have single payer. It's clear that 3rd way isn't interested in compromising with progressives, but just like to claim they're their adults while they run the party into the ground.

Progressives like me don't have a voice. A candidate who bent over backwards for Hillary people, had the support of many Hillary people, backed off from his plan to ban corporate money still lost. They wouldn't even give us that. Of course if Ellison had won, the party leadership would mostly be terrible, but we'd have something at the table. Now we have no power and have no reason to work with the abusers that run the Democratic party.

The party specifically made Ellison vice-chair to pander to you people. Hillary turned her platform into a true leftist wet dream. Just a few examples.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1790 on: February 26, 2017, 02:08:38 PM »

So this is the new DNC Chair:

Could these morons possibly find anyone more divisive?  That was honestly the most sick, disgusting and dishonest thing the Clinton campaign did during the primary and this punk was behind it.  He can go f*** himself.

Didn't Sanders also say that Clinton was unqualified to be Commander in chief?

No offense, but are you stupid or something?  

Now that's not very nice is it
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1791 on: February 26, 2017, 02:14:40 PM »

the BS view would be that perez is a dishonest, corporate shill and ellison is an antisemite, radical bigot....

how about we say...both views are wrong and stupid and shouldn't be spread aound anymore?

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1792 on: February 26, 2017, 02:16:28 PM »

the BS view would be that perez is a dishonest, corporate shill and ellison is an antisemite, radical bigot....

how about we say...both views are wrong and stupid and shouldn't be spread around anymore?

Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #1793 on: February 26, 2017, 03:06:57 PM »

The party specifically made Ellison vice-chair to pander to you people. Hillary turned her platform into a true leftist wet dream. Just a few examples.

1. Ellison isn't vice-chair, he's deputy chair. And that's an entirely new position that doesn't mean anything.

2. Hillary Clinton didn't run on a f-in' platform. Yes, stuff like minimum wage was in the platform. Did  she talk about that at the stump? Did she talk about that in her ads? No, she talked about how Dangerous Donald was mean, she works hard, and how it's her turn.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1794 on: February 26, 2017, 03:09:38 PM »

1. Ellison isn't vice-chair, he's deputy chair. And that's an entirely new position that doesn't mean anything.

2. Hillary Clinton didn't run on a f-in' platform. Yes, stuff like minimum wage was in the platform. Did  she talk about that at the stump? Did she talk about that in her ads? No, she talked about how Dangerous Donald was mean, she works hard, and how it's her turn.

Huh She did talk about the issues. I get the impression that she was just quite out of touch with many people.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1795 on: February 26, 2017, 03:10:09 PM »

No, she talked about how Dangerous Donald was mean, she works hard, and how it's her turn.

contrary to public myth, she has talked a whole lot about jobs and specific plans to bring jobs to communities.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #1796 on: February 26, 2017, 03:29:03 PM »

No, she talked about how Dangerous Donald was mean, she works hard, and how it's her turn.
contrary to public myth, she has talked a whole lot about jobs and specific plans to bring jobs to communities.

Did she talk about that in her ads? No, the ones that were in mass circulation were the ones about how mean/dangerous Trump was, not about jobs.

----------

Also, great to see washed up celebs asking for money for the DNC instead of pitching ideology or real vision.

Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1797 on: February 26, 2017, 03:48:57 PM »

As long as we're re-litigating the primary (which is dumb and stupid and not what this is about); NO!

Here are the 10 most aired ads

Of the 6 run by Clinton
1) Trump mocked disabled people
2) Trump isn't reliable with Nukes
3) HRC cares about our kids in unspecific ways
4) Trump is so bad Republicans should vote for Hillary
5) HRC loves our kids so they should have jobs and go to school
6) Trump shouldn't be president because he's sexist.

NONE of those are running on the platform she agreed to. NONE of them involve specific policies. Only two of them are positive at all. 
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #1798 on: February 26, 2017, 04:23:42 PM »

In more DNC news, Ex Mayor of Baltimore Stephanie Rawlings-Blake faced embarassing defeat for re-election to DNC Secretary to Jason Rae (who??).
A guy from my county! hes a young party official who has been moving up in the DNC for awhile.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1799 on: February 26, 2017, 06:33:58 PM »
« Edited: February 26, 2017, 06:35:55 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

As long as we're re-litigating the primary (which is dumb and stupid and not what this is about); NO!

Here are the 10 most aired ads

Of the 6 run by Clinton
1) Trump mocked disabled people
2) Trump isn't reliable with Nukes
3) HRC cares about our kids in unspecific ways
4) Trump is so bad Republicans should vote for Hillary
5) HRC loves our kids so they should have jobs and go to school
6) Trump shouldn't be president because he's sexist.

NONE of those are running on the platform she agreed to. NONE of them involve specific policies. Only two of them are positive at all.  

I don't know who people thought they were fooling with the platform. No one reads party platforms or follows party platforms. And yet the Bernie side still lost most of its fights over the party platform. Are we supposed to be excited that unlike the Hillary, the Democratic platform called for reinstating Glass Steagall? Well, so did the Republican platform.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies