The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:57:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 106866 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: November 13, 2016, 04:40:52 PM »

As long as Ellison quits congress I'd be happy with him

I'd actually be fine with that, provided that Ilhan Omar replaces him.

Ilan Omar sounds awesome -has she expressed interest in running for Keith Ellison's seat if he became DNC chair?

She hasn't even taken state legislative office yet. What do you think?

I highly doubt Ellison will resign even if he gets the spot but if he does I can think of multiple people who'd be interested in the seat with far more clout than Omar.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 04:48:09 AM »

If Ellison is anti-Semitic how does he win St. Louis Park every two years?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 06:34:34 PM »

If Ellison is anti-Semitic how does he win St. Louis Park every two years?
... This sounds a lot like saying Trump can't be anti-Semitic because his son-in-law is Jewish.
I don't believe Trump is an anti-Semite. He's a bigot but I don't believe Jews are one of the groups he's bigoted against.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 11:17:20 AM »

Does anyone in this thread understand that the DNC chair has virtually no influence over policy and that the vast majority of voters don't even know who holds the position much less vote based on it?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 03:41:44 PM »

Does anyone in this thread understand that the DNC chair has virtually no influence over policy and that the vast majority of voters don't even know who holds the position much less vote based on it?

Having an anti-Semitic DNC chair gives the Republicans a pretty effective attack line, especially when called out on their race-baiting.

If he's an anti-Semite why does he always win St. Louis Park?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 03:42:22 PM »

And wow if he resigns local politics will get pretty interesting...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 12:31:30 AM »

Am I the only one who likes Perez, Ellison, and Buttigieg, and thinks any of the three would do a fine job?
They're all fine, and I wish people wouldn't be freaking out so much over what is a pretty meaningless position in the grand scheme of things. I think the DNC should probably elect Ellison just to throw the Bernie folks a bone and keep the focus on Trump and the Republicans instead of divisions within the party.

All three are honestly wasted on the DNC Chair.  Should just be a random party bureaucrat. Don't need to waste any of our rising stars on it.

The last "random party bureaucrat" was Debbie Wasserman Schultz. The party doesn't need another one.

She was a Congresswoman, so no. I also strongly agree it should not be a sitting person in Congress and I think the Democrats are leaning toward this sort of policy, which is why Ellison has now promised to resign his seat.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 08:40:20 PM »

Berniecrats in this thread:

"Wah, wah, the candidate I liked more 'cause muh tone and symbols lost the fundraising and electoral strategizing role to someone I don't like cause muh neolibrals."

GMAFB

Electoral strategizing is, in fact, the main thing that there's reason to believe Perez will be non-trivially worse at.

Speaking as someone who REALLY likes Ellison and has met him multiple times, I don't know why he would be considered a master at electoral strategizing. Because he actually holds elected office? Getting an elected in a safe seat repeatedly is the same experience as DWS.

If you wanted some sort of campaign beast to be DNC Chair, then it should've been someone like...oh whoever ran the campaign for that Governor of Louisiana that Moderate Heroes here love to jack off over or some Nevada Democratic Party official very close to Harry Reid*. But it's not even really an electoral strategist position either.

*Actually that WOULD be a great candidate.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 08:59:48 PM »

Bernie Bros -sour grapes and sore losers.

Goodbye punk.  Keep insulting people.  It will surely help you win elections.  Pathetic.

Oh, I'm so sorry, did you Bernie Bros somehow feel entitled to this position?

Drop the namecalling, Islamaphobe.

I guess you did.

Dude, I'm shtposting.  But the word "Berniebro" needs to be dropped from people's vocabulary.  It's rooted in the worst type of SJW identity politics and it's dismissive to the women who supported and still passionately support Sanders.

The only people who I still see using it regularly are Tulsibots who believe all Sanders supporters are mindless robots who'll vote for anyone who endorsed him and ignore all other issues in the 2020 primary.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 11:52:57 PM »

Still can't believe how outraged our True Leftist (is that better?) friends are hyperventilating over this.

You really think you can have us behave like sheep and vote for a party that is our enemy? Good luck without us.

Honestly, the Democratic Party is better off without you.  Not without Berniecrats, they are and will remain a major part of the coalition. But they're certainly better off without you specifically.

I've actually been thinking that about him for months, but you probably think that about me as well. Tongue
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 12:16:10 AM »

Still can't believe how our True Leftist (is that better?) friends are hyperventilating over this.

I'm not surprised; you seem to think that everything is fine.

Everything. Is. Not. Fine.

And guess how you fix that? Hint: not by obsessing over a mostly ceremonial post.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies