The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:32:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 107742 times)
Fusionmunster

« on: February 05, 2017, 07:04:33 PM »

Who care. The DNC chair isn't the leader of the party and their power is greatly exaggerated by the Bernie people.

Obviously not you. It's not just about leading it's being transparent about where funds are going. Perez has been the only candidate that has refused to be interviewed.

This isnt a public election. Why would he need to get interviewed?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 07:23:02 PM »

Who care. The DNC chair isn't the leader of the party and their power is greatly exaggerated by the Bernie people.

Obviously not you. It's not just about leading it's being transparent about where funds are going. Perez has been the only candidate that has refused to be interviewed.

You don't want another DWS do you?

I dont know what that has to do with anything.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 07:28:47 PM »

This sort of attitude is the reason why Democrats keep losing.

Its not actually. There are alot of reasons why dems suffered on a state wide basis. Me thinking Perez not needing to get interviewed by a bunch of hacks over at TYTs is not one of those reasons.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 07:37:42 PM »

The fact that the Democratic elite still thinks of the party as their private club and doesn't even feel the need to pretend to be willing to open a discussion with the broader public is most definitely one of the reason why the party keeps losing.

The fact that so many have placed so much importance on a race when all three of the choices will literally do the same thing is mind-boggling.  
Fusionmunster

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 07:41:51 PM »

The fact that the Democratic elite still thinks of the party as their private club and doesn't even feel the need to pretend to be willing to open a discussion with the broader public is most definitely one of the reason why the party keeps losing.

Kind of hard to not think that way when Bernie's wing only pretends to care and pay attention to politics every 4 years and ignores the rest.

Still bashing the left wing....Smart politics.

Who cares.

Seriously, Trump is president. Just vote and fight later. Minimum wage and Equal Rights and Abortion access are all on the chopping block so fight about hurt feelings later when those things are safe.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 09:26:44 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2017, 09:29:25 PM by Fusionmunster »

Just vote. Fight with each other all you want, but just vote. Too much is at stake for ideological purity to be placed above all else. When Trump is gone and the things that democrats hold dear are no longer threatened, then we can work on the finer details, but right now just vote for the person with a D in front of their name. I don't want to have to hear about women dying from back alley abortions or gays getting denied service or dreamers getting deported, okay?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 09:30:33 PM »

Just vote. Fight with each other all you want, but just vote.

...I assume this isn't directed to me? Tongue

Anyone who can read. Tongue
Fusionmunster

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 09:36:49 AM »

Why exactly should I care about the opinion of a disgraced AG turned who has now entered the private sector, as a lawyer to defend the fraudulent banks that he refused to prosecute?

You shouldn't since you cant vote in the DNC chair election.  However big name endorsements like Holder can actually influence enough members of the DNC to vote for Perez or Ellison. There's only something like 400 members of the DNC after all who can vote.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 06:24:20 PM »

Just give the DNC chairmanship to Ellison. The only people who really seem to care about this are Bernie supporters anyway. I like Perez but not enough to deal with the anger from the left.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 08:37:35 PM »

Moderates like Buttigieg, Progressives like Buttigieg. There is literally no downside to him winning. I just can't imagine the DNC members picking him over Ellison or Perez though and that is a damn shame.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 05:07:05 PM »

Obama and Biden want Perez, so its probably going to be Perez. It shouldn't be surprising.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 05:13:36 PM »

Perez and Ellison literally agree on everything, why the doom and gloom?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 05:24:07 PM »

Obama and Biden want Perez. If Perez wins, the Bernie wing is going to be pissed democrats listened to Obama and not Bernie?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 05:46:32 PM »

If Perez is nominated for DNC chair, it's pretty obvious that any real change in the Democratic Party is going to have to come up from the bottom-up, not starting at the national level.

This is honestly sad, though. Instead of realizing where the real energy is and trying to capture that, the DNC would rather sink their heels in further and clutch on to the same ideas that have failed them the last 20 years.

that may be a good thing, if it comes down to it. Democrats need to be re-built from the bottom-up, and one way to do that is to stop putting faith in national contenders to do their job.

I don't know how that's going to happen.  Democrats can't force the party to stop letting 400+ rich fcks decide on their chair.  If the establishment is this committed to maintaining business as usual, then anything short of a serious Demexit in favor of the Greens or whatever is not going to force their hand.

If they choose Perez, I am done defending this class. I hope Sanders rips the party apart because they never learn.

What a baby.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 05:50:40 PM »

x-posting: Turning a contest between two fairly mainstream liberal progressives into some kind of proxy war still seems like one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Its moronic, Perez and Ellison are almost identical on paper.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 05:56:06 PM »

If Perez is nominated for DNC chair, it's pretty obvious that any real change in the Democratic Party is going to have to come up from the bottom-up, not starting at the national level.
This is honestly sad, though. Instead of realizing where the real energy is and trying to capture that, the DNC would rather sink their heels in further and clutch on to the same ideas that have failed them the last 20 years.
that may be a good thing, if it comes down to it. Democrats need to be re-built from the bottom-up, and one way to do that is to stop putting faith in national contenders to do their job.
I don't know how that's going to happen.  Democrats can't force the party to stop letting 400+ rich fcks decide on their chair.  If the establishment is this committed to maintaining business as usual, then anything short of a serious Demexit in favor of the Greens or whatever is not going to force their hand.
If they choose Perez, I am done defending this class. I hope Sanders rips the party apart because they never learn.
What a baby.

If you really think Perez is somehow gonna be the "unifier" in the race, you're a moron. And the progressives who are mad about his candidacy HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE MAD.

The DNC chair election gets very little fanfare because it means practically nothing for the direction of the party. Just because everyone has convinced themselves that this one is somehow diffrent doesnt mean it is and to divide the party over it is just stupid, especially since both leading candidates are nearly identical policy wise.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 05:58:47 PM »

Are you f**king kidding me?! Literally all the tops of the party from Chuck, Bernie, Nancy want Keith

I don't trust Pelosi or Schumer, and Obama, Biden, and the Clintons want Perez.

x-posting: Turning a contest between two fairly mainstream liberal progressives into some kind of proxy war still seems like one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Just like Bernie and Hillary supposedly were? Yeah, we're sick of being told how progressive terrible 3rd wayers are.

When your candiate wins a majority of the vote in the primaries, it wont be an issue, will it?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 06:05:25 PM »

Are you f**king kidding me?! Literally all the tops of the party from Chuck, Bernie, Nancy want Keith

Just like Bernie and Hillary supposedly were? Yeah, we're sick of being told how progressive terrible 3rd wayers are.

When your candiate wins a majority of the vote in the primaries, it wont be an issue, will it?

When your candidate doesn't have the party rig things for her, it won't be an issue, will it?

There was no actual "rigging". People voted overwhelmingly for Hillary in the primary, no matter how much you want to ignore it.  
Fusionmunster

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 06:10:09 PM »

Oh, piss off. It's like you're still living in June of 2016 when it was inevitable that Hillary would win against Dangerous Donald.

My point was, Democrats are still a big tent party. While we are slowly moving to the left, the center should not be ignored. And splitting up the party when the moderate faction wins is childish.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 06:42:01 PM »

Yeah, sounds like they're cannibalizing Ellison. This freak out might be for nothing.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 08:15:56 PM »

Oh, piss off. It's like you're still living in June of 2016 when it was inevitable that Hillary would win against Dangerous Donald.

My point was, Democrats are still a big tent party. While we are slowly moving to the left, the center should not be ignored. And splitting up the party when the moderate faction wins is childish.

You proved to be one of the most wrong posters on this forum last year. I don't see how your condescension helps anyone except the Republicans.

My wrongness was about average. Your attitude was quite poor  though.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2017, 05:56:03 PM »

But Ellison is a strong progressive who understands both the Sanders wing and the necessary components of the Clinton wing (nonwhite Dems). Schumer and Al Franken, both HRC supporters, understand this too. Perez has no reason to be here, and the Clinton wing loses nothing by putting Ellison in charge.

hahahaha you are really naive.  I will just quote myself:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Also, describing non-whites as the Clinton-wing is laughable.

Non-white Democrats did vote for HRC over Sanders by large margins; it's the reason why she was the nominee and he wasn't.

Basically what I'm saying is that HRC won in part because she got a lot of votes from very liberal dems (such as myself) and I don't see any reason why very liberal HRC supporters would not want Ellison.

I edited my response above to explain why I thought your comment was laughable.  I won't even address your comments about who acted like a child during the primaries.  The videos of Hillary acting like a spoiled baby when BLM or Greenpeace activists confronted her, are available for everyone to see on youtube.

You know Hillary won the primary thanks to non-white voters, right? That's not up for debate, that's an established fact.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2017, 10:27:11 PM »

So Perez apparently after the NH primary, emailed Podesta telling him that while Bernie has the youth vote, they should change the narrative by claiming that Bernie only appeals to young white voters, which would hurt him in South Carolina.  So he pretty much came up with the idea of the idiotic Bernie bro stereotype.  The email was in the wikileaks emails.
For more information see:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riarqgogc3U

He can go f*** himself.

Ah, what a surprise! The guy running against our candidate is the source of all trouble ever!

And about Buttigieg, I have a feeling that he'll either become the next Jason Kander or a strong contender for the Presidency.

You know what?  Go eff yourself.  If you don't understand how hurtful the accusations towards Bernie supporters being sexist and racist were during the primary, you either have no clue, or you're just trolling. 
I have worked for years for minority rights and women's rights, and all of a sudden because I didn't support the candidate the millionaires who run the party had already decided would be the nominee, I and many others were accused of being sexist and racist.  And this was by people who I thought were on my side!
Can you understand what a betrayal that was?  You obviously can't, so shut up.

Thats politics.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2017, 10:51:11 PM »

I didn't see any sexism coming from the Bernie campaign, and the idea that Bernie himself was sexist is laughable. (If you want to see a sexist, only look at the Oval Office today.) Bernie probably went too easy on Hillary by passing up avenues of attack on her over her e-mails and other character questions.

Yet he continued to attack her well after victory was all but impossible further poisoning the well with a large chunk of the left.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2017, 11:00:33 PM »

I didn't see any sexism coming from the Bernie campaign, and the idea that Bernie himself was sexist is laughable. (If you want to see a sexist, only look at the Oval Office today.) Bernie probably went too easy on Hillary by passing up avenues of attack on her over her e-mails and other character questions.

Yet he continued to attack her well after victory was all but impossible further poisoning the well with a large chunk of the left.

Maybe, but that's because she was on the wrong side of fundamental questions the left held dear.

I dont know, I think the constant labeling of Hillary as an out of touch, puppet of wall street who makes poor decisions and is a warmonger who will say whatever to get elected was more damaging than the inches that seperated Bernie and Hillary politically.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies