The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:42:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 108266 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: November 11, 2016, 12:54:47 PM »

As long as Ellison quits congress I'd be happy with him- maybe O'Malley as a bridge between him and Dean.

Interesting internal politics from what I've read- Dean has the support from Party Chairs (who vote as a block) because of his 50 state strategy but I know he made a lot of enemies on the Hill (mainly from 2004)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 05:27:35 PM »

I'm baffled at the hatred for Dean. He was a very competent chair and excellent candidate recruiter. He managed to capitalize on the hatred for the GOP and win... basically everything that Democrats wanted. Maybe he's not the right choice now, but he's not the wrong choice either, and he's not awful in any case.

A lot of Bernie supporters hate him because he's a 'lobbyist' who worked with Newt Gingrich (in the sense that he worked at a law firm that employs 7,000 people) and works with major drug companies.

Likewise he dared to vote for Hillary as a Super-Delegate; and a lot of them don't remember when he ran as the 'the democrat from the democratic wing of the party' in 2004.

I really like Dean; mainly because his 2004 campaign set a lot of pioneering work and because despite Bush's awfulness you don't take back the House, Senate and WH without doing something right as DNC chair.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 04:55:22 PM »

Kander has genuine talent; he's not the usual useless red state blue dog like Landeriu (however you spell it) or Nelson; he's got genuine talent (and outperformed Hillary much more so than every other losing Senate Dem)

People are making a big mistake with this; as much as it's about electing a vision we need someone who is competent. Running the DNC requires skills that otherwise great politicians lack- hence why every DNC chair is hated by their own party.

We need someone like Rahm Emmanuel  
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 03:44:23 PM »

I said someone like Rahm- not rahm Tongue

As I said before we're applying a political, personal view to what is existentially a CEO position- did Reince Prebius tick any boxes, excite any wings or build a groundswell of support when he was elected? Of course not.

My point is that Rahm was great as the DCCC (in the same way Dean was great as DNC but is being throw off as 'muh lobbyist') We don't need someone who makes us feel good- we need someone who can be a complete bastard for the next 4 years
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 04:20:30 PM »

Extremely Long, but very interesting article about Dean's tenure at the DNC
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 05:56:45 PM »

Ellison has the endorsement of  the state chairmen in Wisconsin, Hawaii, Nebraska, and his home state of Minnesota. Also Elizabeth Warren recently formally endorsed Ellison.

This actually matters, as state chairman vote and were suppose to be heavily behind Dean
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 04:40:20 PM »

Sorry but why does you supporting a trade deal (that would have strengthened US-Asian relations, improved Labor standards in Asia and been generally good for the US) make you a weaker candidate for an election to what is an internal party post!

I know I've ranted about this before but we're not electing a policy platform- we're picking someone who is frankly going to spend the next 4 years mostly sat behind a desk, making phone calls to Donors etc I know people want to redo the primaries but this is getting stupid.

Reince Priebus was a minor party chair who got Scott Walker elected; he didn't appeal to those who voted Trump, he wasn't a raging populist but he was a decent party chair. It's an internal job
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 01:29:57 PM »

Just came to post this.

At first I thought Ellison would win hands down; but looks like Perez has it sealed. (feel free to quote this next week) As always internal elections are actually more interesting to see who's backing who- Dean/Rendell backing Buttigieg for example
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 04:28:46 PM »

I thought the rule with campaign finance is that everyone is in favour of reform/against dark money etc until it's coming in your campaign account
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 06:47:40 PM »

Rather simplified message from across the UK- saying you'll leave if your Candidate doesn't win, or calling your opponents corporatist sellouts, or whatever doesn't make your party stronger. It makes it a lot more shift- left/centre left people continue to argue about pointless crap, whilst the right get on with the job of running the country.

The democrats have the choice between a Hispanic civil rights attorney, who was Labor Secretary to the most progressive democratic President since the 1960s, and a Muslim community activist. They're both progressive, they're both good and frankly there's bigger issues than whether your own factional candidate gets to call up DNC donors or not
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 08:34:43 AM »

This is totally unconfirmed and uncomfirmable, but I hear from a friend that there's a rumor going around Atlanta that Perez has been inflating his whip count.

But like, take that with more grains of salt than you normally would from a biased stranger on the internet with no links to back him up.

Everyone inflates their whip count imo
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 06:23:56 PM »

So this is the new DNC Chair:

Could these morons possibly find anyone more divisive?  That was honestly the most sick, disgusting and dishonest thing the Clinton campaign did during the primary and this punk was behind it.  He can go f*** himself.

Didn't Sanders also say that Clinton was unqualified to be Commander in chief?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 02:08:38 PM »

So this is the new DNC Chair:

Could these morons possibly find anyone more divisive?  That was honestly the most sick, disgusting and dishonest thing the Clinton campaign did during the primary and this punk was behind it.  He can go f*** himself.

Didn't Sanders also say that Clinton was unqualified to be Commander in chief?

No offense, but are you stupid or something?  

Now that's not very nice is it
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies