The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:30:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 106789 times)
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« on: November 14, 2016, 04:58:54 PM »

Al Franken now endorses Keith Ellison via Facebook.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 10:22:09 AM »

If Ellison wins, it'll be a good indicator that the Dems learned nothing from 2016.

Huh

To me it shows they have learned from 2016.

If they pick Dean it would show they learned nothing.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 11:41:24 AM »

Mother Jones is a mouth piece for the Democratic establishment now. If Obama picked him well then of course he must be OK Roll Eyes
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 05:28:00 PM »

Per Free Beacon, no candidates except Pete Buttigieg attended the Women's March. The other candidates went to David Brock's donor retreat.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/dnc-chair-hopefuls-skip-womens-march-david-brock-donor-retreat/

Jesus...
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 06:48:00 PM »

New TYT Politics video on Nomiki, seems as though Tom Perez is as slimey and corrupt as I thought.

https://youtu.be/ry7dzLb_r6Q
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 06:55:58 PM »

Who care. The DNC chair isn't the leader of the party and their power is greatly exaggerated by the Bernie people.

Obviously not you. It's not just about leading it's being transparent about where funds are going. Perez has been the only candidate that has refused to be interviewed.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 07:20:13 PM »

Who care. The DNC chair isn't the leader of the party and their power is greatly exaggerated by the Bernie people.

Obviously not you. It's not just about leading it's being transparent about where funds are going. Perez has been the only candidate that has refused to be interviewed.

This isnt a public election. Why would he need to get interviewed?

You don't want another DWS do you?
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 07:37:18 PM »

The fact that the Democratic elite still thinks of the party as their private club and doesn't even feel the need to pretend to be willing to open a discussion with the broader public is most definitely one of the reason why the party keeps losing.

Kind of hard to not think that way when Bernie's wing only pretends to care and pay attention to politics every 4 years and ignores the rest.

Still bashing the left wing....Smart politics.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 07:39:59 PM »

The fact that the Democratic elite still thinks of the party as their private club and doesn't even feel the need to pretend to be willing to open a discussion with the broader public is most definitely one of the reason why the party keeps losing.

Kind of hard to not think that way when Bernie's wing only pretends to care and pay attention to politics every 4 years and ignores the rest.

Still bashing the left wing....Smart politics.

I'm not liberal, I'd consider myself moderately conservative but no longer a Republican after Trump/the Tea Party 2010 revolution so it makes sense.

Ah i see, there is no party for you.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 08:11:12 PM »

You moderates are gonna learn that every year more young people will come into the voting bloc & the older folks will unfortunately die. The Bernie wing is gonna grow & explode. There will be a time in the next 3-4-5 years when this will become so powerful, you will do as you are told & not take progressives as granted. The Bernie wing will teach you how to win! You should be happy not being continous losers!

Basically this...Attacking the left costed you the presidency. I would advise Dems not to attack the base.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 08:13:47 PM »

Not wanting people whose views on all but a few issues are diametrically opposed to those of a party inside said party = "purity tests". OK, then... Roll Eyes

JerryArkansas is exactly what's wrong with the Democrats. Who cares what our positions and ideals are you know, the things that inspire people to vote for your party.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 02:03:36 PM »

Throw Bernie folks a bone to shut them up, give them Ellison or Buttigieg.

Honestly, why do you hate them so much? If anything they are fighting for everything you believe in but they just aren't as neoliberal as Democrats in Washington.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 02:09:26 PM »

If Perez wins, then the DNC will have the same cloud of doubt around it as it did in 2016.

Throw Bernie folks a bone to shut them up, give them Ellison or Buttigieg.

Getting Bernie folks to "shut up" really shouldn't be the goal of any Democrat. Ellison is the best choice because both Clinton and Bernie folk can support him without reservations outside of religion.

If Perez does win, then expect a ton of party takeovers at the local level.
Bernie supporters complaining about the DNC, thinking they rigged it, is one of the key reasons why Hillary lost. The DNC become a liability, instead of an invisible support, in 2016.

Seems like your still deluded to how she actually lost.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2017, 12:14:11 AM »

Tom Perez finally accepted an interview from TYT Politics and he pretty much failed and showed his true colors. Especially at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=g81xG3e0oYI
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2017, 12:57:42 AM »

Tom Perez finally accepted an interview from TYT Politics and he pretty much failed and showed his true colors. Especially at the end.

The witchhunt against Tom Perez is quite disgusting. "Who in the Bernie Sanders world is supporting you?" Who f**king cares? The party does not revolve around a guy who's not even in said party.

...And this is why you lost.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 03:13:05 AM »

The witchhunt against Tom Perez is quite disgusting. "Who in the Bernie Sanders world is supporting you?" Who f**king cares? The party does not revolve around a guy who's not even in said party.

Tom Perez told the Hillary campaign to use ugly identity politics to claim that Bernie supporters were all racist and sexist white males. That's what's actually quite disgusting, not people going after this vile trash.

Wouldn't be shocked, many on this forum called his supporters racist and sexist 24/7 during the primaries. So many hillarybots...
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 07:47:10 PM »

Are you f**king kidding me?! Literally all the tops of the party from Chuck, Bernie, Nancy want Keith

I don't trust Pelosi or Schumer, and Obama, Biden, and the Clintons want Perez.

x-posting: Turning a contest between two fairly mainstream liberal progressives into some kind of proxy war still seems like one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.
Its moronic, Perez and Ellison are almost identical on paper.
Just like Bernie and Hillary supposedly were? Yeah, we're sick of being told how progressive terrible 3rd wayers are.
When your candiate wins a majority of the vote in the primaries, it wont be an issue, will it?

Oh, piss off. It's like you're still living in June of 2016 when it was inevitable that Hillary would win against Dangerous Donald.

My point was, Democrats are still a big tent party. While we are slowly moving to the left, the center should not be ignored. And splitting up the party when the moderate faction wins is childish.

You proved to be one of the most wrong posters on this forum last year. I don't see how your condescension helps anyone except the Republicans.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 08:33:02 PM »

Perez and Ellison literally agree on everything, why the doom and gloom?

Because one endorsed Sanders and the other endorsed Clinton.

Since Perez endorsed Clinton, he is a moral black hole of a human being with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Listen I like Perez but choosing him over Keith will be a f**king disater. The party needs unity and the Bernie eing will bolt if Keith loses to someone who supports Tpp

I hate that the only convincing argument against Perez is that the Bernie fanatics will throw a temper tantrum if he wins

Ugh another one of these idiots? Please go become a Republican, your destroying the party.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 11:57:23 PM »

Perez and Ellison literally agree on everything, why the doom and gloom?

Because one endorsed Sanders and the other endorsed Clinton.

Since Perez endorsed Clinton, he is a moral black hole of a human being with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Listen I like Perez but choosing him over Keith will be a f**king disater. The party needs unity and the Bernie eing will bolt if Keith loses to someone who supports Tpp

I hate that the only convincing argument against Perez is that the Bernie fanatics will throw a temper tantrum if he wins

Ugh another one of these idiots? Please go become a Republican, your destroying the party.

I voted for Sanders. F-ck the lunatics that are dragging the name of one of Maryland's best politicians through the mud because of this proxy war bullsh**t.

Obviously he's not that good of a politicaian if he's getting all this blowback by his own party. Also I can tell you are in your establishment bubble so I'll pop it for you. Progressives are fighting these politicians because they take coporate cash, they don't want this practice in the party anymore, as well as most Americans. They want transparency and accountability for how they could raise all this money and lose to a complete moron. Be my guest and fight against the majority of Americans but you will lose, everytime.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 01:43:28 PM »

Yea not surprising by him, just waited for his TV appearance for exposure but it won't get him no where since he's another coporate shill.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 01:49:56 PM »

Hasn't Obama done enough with his incompetence handling the DNC?
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 08:43:16 PM »

Democrats would rather lose to Republicans then nominate a progressive who will change the party. Money is more important to them then policy.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2017, 12:27:24 AM »

Emails are going out questioning Ellison's commitment to Jews. They are dirty as ...
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2017, 11:13:24 AM »

Because coporate cash worked sooo well for the last few years Roll Eyes
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2017, 02:06:16 PM »

If you pick Perez you will lose atleast 30% of the party. It's obvious now that Democrats are paid to be weak and lose.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies