The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:54:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 106996 times)
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« on: February 23, 2017, 02:04:01 PM »

I understand Obama wanting Perez but Ellison race for DNC is basically an ode to Obama 08. He has the  Bernie wing of the party and the black establishment. I haven't found anyone who is actually behind Perez for Perez. His major argument is a black muslim from MN can't relate to WWC. But a Dominican from Bethesda can good luck DNC.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 11:15:26 PM »

If i'm not mistaken the DNC gives more delegates to state that have been more democratic for the past presidential cycles. So Ellison should benefit from the Left Coast, New England, and Upper Midwest especially if Buttigieg withdraws. The states Perez has claim support from so far are territories and states that are not really the most Democratic.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 12:17:53 AM »

I assume the mid-Atlantic + Illinois will be Perez country? These are the States with the worst Democratic machines.

I hope the rest of Midwest will go for Ellison.

I expect the South to go big time for Perez as well. Unfornetly, we won't know the exact distribution with it being a secret vote.

Wow Obama is really going to make the South vote against nominating the first black DNC chair since Ron Brown in 89.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 12:40:03 AM »

Alan Dershowitz threatens to quit the Democratic Party if Keith Ellison is elected DNC Chair.  Despite this, I still would prefer Tom Perez over Keith Ellison.

Why should anybody care about what that old f--k has to say?

Dershowitz position are becoming closer to Netenyahu and the ZOA. So I expected him to leave a while ago. 
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 10:48:57 AM »

I expect Ellison to have support from all states east of NY, the left coast, and the upper midwest. The heartland was strong for Sanders too so he should have support there.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 12:20:00 PM »

I want to know which delegation because Ellison has large Democratic states like CA, MN, OR, WA, and MI supporting. Large delegations to come out for Perez is FL, VA, and I assume MD.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 01:03:38 PM »

Pete dropping out should bold well for Ellison.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 02:51:19 PM »

I just think it's striking how Ellison blew such a lead, and I supported him. Considering this it's probably best he won't win.
How did he "blow" such a lead?

He never had a lead he was just more public about his support. Perez wasn't that public with his support, Ellison support among Dem voters created a perception of an edge, and Perez enthusiasm was lacking. Perez was relying on inside connection like every job he got so he knew he had to run a shadow campaign.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 03:17:59 PM »

How long till voters demand being able to elect DNCChair.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 03:53:05 PM »

Perez just stated a goal for 57 strong state parties. LOL.
All the states and territories. What is wrong in saying that

He said the word state. And no, no one is going to make the Northern Mariana Islands or the U.S. Virgin Islands a state, sorry.
Really I thought it would be number 2 on the list of amendments to pass if Democrats control 2/3 of state legislatures. You know after they abolish the EC.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies