The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:53:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 107813 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: November 11, 2016, 05:14:21 PM »

Heard that Schumer is throwing his support behind Ellison too.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 05:22:14 PM »

Heard that Schumer is throwing his support behind Ellison too.

Schumer's just trying to follow the direction of the wind. He knows his time is coming soon too if he doesn't reform himself as well. Better to join the future earlier rather than later.

Personally, I've been a supporter of Keith Ellison for a while now. He's one of the best Democrats we have and, while I think something like a Presidential run would (unfortunately) be too controversial, he could do enormously good work as head of the DNC.

Agree whole-heartedly
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 10:57:00 AM »

Looks like it's going to be Ellison!11!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 09:52:08 AM »

If Ellison wins, it'll be a good indicator that the Dems learned nothing from 2016.

Huh

To me it shows they have learned from 2016.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 02:01:15 AM »

I think the most important thing is to have Democrats challenging Republicans in every race nationwide.  No race should go unopposed.  And if it means running conservative Democrats in conservative districts... well, we can hash that out when we win congress and assign committee seats and leadership.

Are conservative Democrats even that better at winning? No Democrat got elected Senator in a Trump state this year. Bayh was supposed to be some god of Indiana politics and went down. Two Trump states have pretty liberal senators: Brown and Baldwin. And just for fun, check out the ideology of the last 2 Democratic Senators from Idaho. They were two of the most liberal Senators ever.

What the heck has happened to this country... The polarization breaks my heart Sad
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 02:19:05 PM »

Ellison finally takes the plunge: "I will resign my seat if I win DNC Chair"

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.startribune.com/rep-keith-ellison-i-will-resign-my-seat-if-i-win-dnc-chair/405232966/

Good. I'm agnostic about this election now, and it sounds like he supports a Dean-style strategy too. It's a good sign he saw the writing on the wall.

I was about to post this. It's a great thing actually.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 10:40:24 AM »

Wow Keith Ellison ,a racist and anti-Semite, is going to be the next Chairman of the DNC?

lol at that claim. Look at your precious party's president-elect.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 09:44:41 AM »

Politics1.com ‏@Politics1com  4m4 minutes ago
South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN), 34, an openly gay Naval Reserve officer, is testing the waters for a run for DNC Chair.

Bruh, one of the best looking mayors for sure.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 06:56:23 PM »

Good question -we are so far down the hole, it is hard to think what else we have left to lose, apart from our remaining rural seats in Minnesota. 

You forget about the last senate seat in WI, a seat in MI, WV, ND, MO, MT seats. Beyond that, the last seat in FL.

For governors: MN, CT.

There's ample room to keep falling if the party doesn't get its DAMN CRAP TOGETHER, and White Supremacists take over the GOP in full. We have already seen that their voters are willing to let it happen.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2016, 07:26:31 PM »

There's ample room to keep falling if the party doesn't get its DAMN CRAP TOGETHER, and White Supremacists take over the GOP in full. We have already seen that their voters are willing to let it happen.

If the Democrats think the reason they lost was White Supremacists, then they will lose badly in 2018.  What happened this year was a combination of two toxic candidates and voters deciding that rather than worrying about which candidate was more toxic, they'd vote for the candidate that represented change.

No. They lost for their own reasons, but the White Supremacists are a problem of the Republican party, and they don't seem to be putting up enough resistance.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 03:01:42 PM »

Something interesting I found out about Buttigieg:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It seems like a majority of people (or at least a plurality) who have watched the 1st two forums... have been most impressed with Buttigieg (including myself). I wish individuals would vote- rather than let endorsements drive the vote!  At any rate- Here is my pitch regarding Buttigieg (that I posted in another thread)  --------->

I originally was for Dean (since he was a success in the position before).  Then I thought I would be for Tom Perez...
But I've become convinced that Buttigieg is absolutely the best choice  ... He is always on point & sharp as a tack (and he has the demeanor that allows him to give policy stances without coming across as overly partisan).........He didn't wade into the Hillary/Bernie debate......He's been Hugely successful turning around a failing MidWest City........And Most importantly - I think he has the sheer intellect & capability to successfully put together the infrastructure and game plan in place to allow Dems to win back elections across the country.

Buttigieg just seems to over-achieve & succeed in everything he's ever done

1)  In High School- he won the JFK Profiles in Courage Essay (writing an essay about Bernie Sanders Courage as an Ind Senator), was Valedictorian & President of his High School Student Body.

2)  Then Graduated with Honors from Harvard & was President of the Harvard Institute of Politics Student Advisory Committee.

3)  Then went to Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar earning a degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics.

4)  In addition to serving a stint in Afghanistan, he Was elected Mayor of his home town of South Bend at age 29 (the youngest 100k+ population mayor at the time) ... and has more than succeeded in completely Turning around a failing City (one of the best turnaround city stories in the country)...and with the highest ethics & transparency (all of the cities finances are completely available to the public online)...   

5)  I think he will be just as successful in the role of DNC Chair & instituting a system and strategic plan to ensure Dems start winning elections again.

We need someone like Buttigieg to run for a statewide or federal office and then president.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2017, 04:27:09 PM »

Some sources are saying Perez has a huge lead in the votes & will easily win!

Serious?Huh?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 05:21:42 PM »

They'll be making a huge mistake if they do this... do they not get how tone-deaf this is? Do they not get they'll Perez will be the new DWS, with that reputation right from the beginning?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 01:35:47 PM »

Just came to post this.

At first I thought Ellison would win hands down; but looks like Perez has it sealed. (feel free to quote this next week) As always internal elections are actually more interesting to see who's backing who- Dean/Rendell backing Buttigieg for example

If Perez wins this, I'll be genuinely infuriated. I will never register as a Democrat if their administration continues with these stupid games.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 07:21:41 PM »

This is like the primary all over again.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 07:26:57 PM »

This is gonna last until the Bernie wing eventually takes over the Party. It's gonna be a long 4-12 years.

They will eventually. But this kind of "dialogue" is toxic.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2017, 08:28:42 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2017, 08:32:12 PM by Arch »

This is gonna last until the Bernie wing eventually takes over the Party. It's gonna be a long 4-12 years.

They will eventually. But this kind of "dialogue" is toxic.

How bad is this compared to the Tea Party vs the establishment pubs back in 2009?

I don't know. I wasn't politically-involved at the time.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 10:07:13 AM »

Is there any way to follow this?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 10:35:43 AM »

I really don't think that this Muslim preaching (or any preaching) at the start of a DNC meeting is necessary. The meeting has nothing to do with any religion.
Also, Jesus wasn't a Palestinian- he was a Jew in Judea which was renamed 'Syria-Palestina' by the Roman Empire that conquered it. I'm worried that if is the direction the Democrats are going.

I don't think so. This is just typical procedural stuff. I've gotten used to it.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2017, 10:43:55 AM »

How long is this going to take?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 10:52:02 AM »

They are about to vote on Resolution 33, which would reinstate a ban on corporate cash.

They should.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 11:05:48 AM »

Oh well
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2017, 11:31:14 AM »

Kander's speech style is a lot like Obama's.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2017, 11:39:35 AM »

I would vote for this piece of work in a heartbeat.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2017, 12:18:01 PM »

7 candidates, 10 minutes each + transition time, yeah this will be a while.

Let me know when it actually starts, lol.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies