The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:18:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 107968 times)
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« on: November 15, 2016, 12:13:47 AM »

If DWS could serve in Congress while running the DNC and Tim Kaine could serve as governor of a state while doing the same thing, there's no reason Ellison shouldn't get the same chance.

And we all know that turned out well, right?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 02:07:34 AM »

If DWS could serve in Congress while running the DNC and Tim Kaine could serve as governor of a state while doing the same thing, there's no reason Ellison shouldn't get the same chance.

And we all know that turned out well, right?

...Yes, the 2010 and 2014 disasters were totally contingent on the then-DNC chairs being officeholders.

There wasn't really much Kaine could've done and I don't blame him, but is there really any ambiguity about how awful DWS was?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 10:09:20 PM »

Why are we having rallies for the DNC Chair? Jesus.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 09:33:50 AM »

I'm hoping that Ellison wins, not because I feel particularly strongly about him, but because I fear a progressive revolt if they feel like the establishment pulls the rug out from under them again. So long as Ellison is competent for the job, I couldn't care less, I just hope the party leaders don't try and pick fights where they don't need to.

Pretty much my feelings. I like Perez, but he'd do nothing to ease tensions between the factions of the Democratic Party. Unless it's Ellison or Buttigieg, people are going to claim the DNC hasn't learned anything.

Buttigieg isn't really that good, but at least he's not an epic HP like Perez.

Lol

If Perez doesn't win this (and I don't think he will), I hope he runs for Governor in 2018.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 01:17:27 PM »

Why exactly should I care about the opinion of a disgraced AG turned who has now entered the private sector, as a lawyer to defend the fraudulent banks that he refused to prosecute?

Haven't you answered your own question? The Holder endorsement is extremely damning. Not that we needed more signs of whom Perez is looking to represent.

You dark red avatars are some insufferable mfs
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 02:49:26 PM »

It's so irritating seeing the Bernie fanatics sh**t all over Perez because he doesn't fulfill every requirement on their ideological litmus test. Just because Perez doesn't share all your views doesn't mean that he's a CLINTONISTA SHILL GLOBALIST BIG MONEY PUPPET
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 02:57:19 PM »

It's so irritating seeing the Bernie fanatics sh**t all over Perez because he doesn't fulfill every requirement on their ideological litmus test. Just because Perez doesn't share all your views doesn't mean that he's a CLINTONISTA SHILL GLOBALIST BIG MONEY PUPPET

That's an idiotic comment and you know it.  The opposition to Perez has little to do with ideological litmus tests.

Then what does it have to do with?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 08:24:20 PM »

Perez and Ellison literally agree on everything, why the doom and gloom?

Because one endorsed Sanders and the other endorsed Clinton.

Since Perez endorsed Clinton, he is a moral black hole of a human being with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 08:26:42 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2017, 08:28:21 PM by Doctor Imperialism »

Don't be surprised if the loser Democrats choose Perez and settle into a period of irrelevance like the party did in the 1920s. They still keep counting on "Trump = bad man" as enough alone to win

Jesus f-cking Christ just because Perez endorsed Clinton and is apparently an evil globalist doesn't mean that this is the end of our party as we know it. Perez is a progressive. What the f-ck is wrong with people?

x-posting: Turning a contest between two fairly mainstream liberal progressives into some kind of proxy war still seems like one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

this this this
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 08:31:13 PM »

Listen I like Perez but choosing him over Keith will be a f**king disater. The party needs unity and the Bernie eing will bolt if Keith loses to someone who supports Tpp

I hate that the only convincing argument against Perez is that the Bernie fanatics will throw a temper tantrum if he wins
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 08:35:42 PM »

Perez and Ellison literally agree on everything, why the doom and gloom?

Because one endorsed Sanders and the other endorsed Clinton.

Since Perez endorsed Clinton, he is a moral black hole of a human being with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Listen I like Perez but choosing him over Keith will be a f**king disater. The party needs unity and the Bernie eing will bolt if Keith loses to someone who supports Tpp

I hate that the only convincing argument against Perez is that the Bernie fanatics will throw a temper tantrum if he wins

Ugh another one of these idiots? Please go become a Republican, your destroying the party.

I voted for Sanders. F-ck the lunatics that are dragging the name of one of Maryland's best politicians through the mud because of this proxy war bullsh**t.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 09:23:58 PM »

There's some irony in that the most action the Democratic Party has taken regarding Muslims is trying to prevent one from becoming DNC chair.

This is a bad take and you know it.

It's edgy and memorable, who cares if it's completely wrong?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 03:55:41 PM »

The crazy thing about Perez being chair is he actually never held elected office. Hes gonna need a lot of help.

Perez was on the Montgomery County Council and it is not uncommon for party officials to have little to no elected experience.

Exhibit A: Reince Priebus, who built his career entirely within the Republican Party administrative apparatus.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies