The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:51:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 106901 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 04, 2017, 06:29:39 AM »

I'm a little late to this party I see.

Anyways, I now think that it is within the Democrats' best interests to vote for Ellison as the next chair.

I think many of you would like this article from Vox: Democrats would be smart to embrace Ellison

Democrats need to build on to the party and not lose core coalitions like Millennials and it sends a bold message to send a Black Muslim like Ellison to be a leader during Trump's tenure as president.

The country is already polarized. Dems, don't polarize your own party.

Anyways, are there any new news on Keith Ellison endorsements?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 01:26:43 AM »

There will also be a debate on January 18.

I'll look out for that.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 08:11:20 PM »

Excuse me for being behind but who is Buckley?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 09:12:37 PM »

If that's true, go Ellison!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 07:53:07 AM »

Am I the only one who likes Perez, Ellison, and Buttigieg, and thinks any of the three would do a fine job?

Raises hand (ducks)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 12:09:48 PM »

Warning: The comments are cancerous.

-"Lewis is a segregationist and a fake civil rights antagonist and Ellison is a Muslim Bortherhood jihadist recruiter. They were made for the demonic party."

-"That's the ticket, an anti-semitic, anti-white muslim."

-"When the horse dies, it is time to dismount. He's not going anywhere else. The dems don't get it."

-"pulling the party left is a losing tactic. Hillary was just a historically horrid candidate. The country is still center. Appointing these dummies will cement the coastal losing legacy for dems."

LOL.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 08:44:01 PM »

What's up with everybody getting all "Look like Perez will pull it off, smh" attitude? Ellison still holds the edge in more recent "counts" than Perez.

Plus, just because Obama is getting a little involved doesn't mean anything. Remember last year when he did all that campaigning for Hillary (and she still ended up losing). Yeah. Don't be so cynical all of a sudden.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 07:00:23 PM »

This is totally ridiculous. Both of the Establishment wing and the Progressive wing need to realize that calling each other out will not form unity. It prolongs the chaos. We're already a "minority party" nationally and in most states.

Perez winning will definitely not be the end of the world. If you are a Sanders Loyalist, don't let it get to you and not participate in anything of Democrats. Sanders Loyalists are already attempting to take over parties in some places w/o the help of anyone.

The Establishment Wing needs to give space for Progressive Wingers a voice within the party. Admit it. We need something fresh in many states in which the GOP has taken advantage. We need to join forces, grow up, and win elections again.

*Also, the DNC race isn't the most important race right now. It's the federal and statewide races for the next couple of years to worry about.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 07:06:28 PM »

This is totally ridiculous. Both of the Establishment wing and the Progressive wing need to realize that calling each other out will not form unity. It prolongs the chaos. We're already a "minority party" nationally and in most states.

Perez winning will definitely not be the end of the world. If you are a Sanders Loyalist, don't let it get to you and not participate in anything of Democrats. Sanders Loyalists are already attempting to take over parties in some places w/o the help of anyone.

The Establishment Wing needs to give space for Progressive Wingers a voice within the party. Admit it. We need something fresh in many states in which the GOP has taken advantage. We need to join forces, grow up, and win elections again.

*Also, the DNC race isn't the most important race right now. It's the federal and statewide races for the next couple of years to worry about.

State legislative races are the most important class of election IMO. Who makes state laws, including determining the power of statewide office holders? State legislatures. Who redistricts? State legislatures. Who decides how a state allocates its electoral votes? State legislatures. Who passes Constitutional amendments? State legislatures. Where do candidates for Governor, Congress, and other statewide and federal office even come from? Often, state legislatures.

That what I meant.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 07:11:17 PM »

The DNC rigged the primary and then tried to start a new cold war with Russia to distract people when they got busted. The idea that progressives and the 3rd way establishment are somehow on the same team is ridiculous.

I never said that progressives and the establishment were the same team. Stop putting words in my mouth and actually read. I stated that the Establishment should give Progressives a voice. I don't think they should rig either for anyone.

But "Progressives" like you aren't much better when you refuse cooperate. That's one of the reasons why Democrats have been losing elections.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 07:21:47 PM »

The DNC rigged the primary and then tried to start a new cold war with Russia to distract people when they got busted. The idea that progressives and the 3rd way establishment are somehow on the same team is ridiculous.

I never said that progressives and the establishment were the same team. Stop putting words in my mouth and actually read. I stated that the Establishment should give Progressives a voice. I don't think they should rig either for anyone.

But "Progressives" like you aren't much better when you refuse cooperate. That's one of the reasons why Democrats have been losing elections.

You're delusional if you think "progressives refusing to cooperate" is why Democrats have been losing elections. It is incumbent upon the DNC to put up candidates who can win. And it's the DNC's sense of entitlement to our votes that has lost them elections.

Why can't you discuss your differences without calling me "delusional?"
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 07:29:22 PM »

You're delusional if you think "progressives refusing to cooperate" is why Democrats have been losing elections. It is incumbent upon the DNC to put up candidates who can win. And it's the DNC's sense of entitlement to our votes that has lost them elections.

Why can't you discuss your differences without calling me "delusional?"

Sorry, I can.

It's just that this thread has me a little worked up.

It's okay. I'm also quite angry that Democrats (Lefties period) can't get along. It definitely is like the 2016 Primary all over again.

To clarify, I didn't mean all Progressives. Just a minority that cause tension within the party. If it cheers you up, I prefer Ellison.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 12:29:45 PM »

"There are millions of people marching in the streets we need to take advantage of"

The wording, lol. Don't get me wrong, I really like Boynton-Brown, but she's a walking gaffe machine.

Yikes!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 12:32:12 PM »

Sam Ronan has no one to nominate him, so he had Brazille do it. Now he's just speaking for himself. Sad!

LOL! Didn't like him anyways...
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 12:36:46 PM »

Odd that the first nomination speech for Ellison invokes HRC

Lol.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 12:42:01 PM »

The energy for Keith is surreal! It's surging! I can feel it!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 12:47:28 PM »

Mayor Buttigieg up next!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 12:53:22 PM »

Wow. That's heartbreaking. Sad
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 12:59:23 PM »

That speech was so beautiful!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2017, 01:04:34 PM »

Ranking my choices:
1. Ellison
2. Perez
3. Boynton Brown (I guess since Buttigieg left)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 01:13:57 PM »

Poor guy. Sad

Notice there is also a Keith sticker on that water bottle too.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 01:56:31 PM »

The stuff Donna mentioned sounds delicious, tbh. Smiley
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2017, 02:13:29 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2017, 02:38:54 PM »

30 clickers missing
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2017, 03:23:28 PM »

Congratulations to Perez!