The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:54:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 106983 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« on: November 11, 2016, 11:33:35 AM »

ellison is perfect right now, imho.

as i wrote in my other thread: identity populism and he forsaw trump and he seems to be of the sanders breed.

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 12:26:43 PM »

i think centrists schumer and reid know what they are doing and sanders backs it too.

as long as the democratic party doesn't get as antisemite as labour, i am optimistic.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 02:06:52 PM »

An anti-semite leading the Democrat Party.  Just what they need to move to the center, obviously.

he is not an anti-semite, but i fear he is going to sent mixed signals regarding anti-zionism. (bad enough)

otherwise a populist from the great lakes/rust belt is perfect right now.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 02:12:22 PM »

the democratic party IS the center right now but the center isn't popular atm.

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 02:15:20 PM »

Emmanuel would never fly, too pragmatic, willing to get things done instead of chasing pie in the sky.

HRC was the same and the public hated her for it.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 02:20:45 PM »

An anti-semite leading the Democrat Party.  Just what they need to move to the center, obviously.

Huh

I guess if you are Muslim you are automatically an anti-semite in the Republican world.

he said silly things in the past (similar case with many muslims, like the new mayor of london) and tries to criticize the palestinians and the israelians at the same time.

since i thing the palestinians deserve a bigger share of blame, i disagree but i don't think is should disqualify him.

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 05:22:12 PM »

Yes, let Keith Ellison dig the democrats an early grave.  I mean yeah, Progressives love having diversity in their party but is he right for the job? You're going to see the Democrats take a huge turn to the left and they will fail even more against the Republicans. I'm really excited to see more conservatives in office!! Keith Ellison is a Trojan horse.

you miss the point that a big part of mister trump's shtick is to be far left of the democratic party in some key areas.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 05:31:05 PM »

i absolutely agree with your assesments of the rust belt.

at the same time the party must not throw away the urban/educated vote....

the job of republicans, who only work for one group of the electorate - even if it's the biggest one - was always easier than building alliances.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 08:54:59 PM »

i like ellison as DNC boss but his ambivalence to israel would hurt him as a presidential candidate i guess.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 09:19:24 PM »

this is old news and the context kills it. (accessible since ever on wikipedia)

his ambivalence toward israel re: middle east conflict is much worse.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 07:35:59 AM »

If Ellison wins, it'll be a good indicator that the Dems learned nothing from 2016.

that is the thing i hate most about election losses.....

everybody assumes what he dislikes himself is the great, big lesson of this year....no offense.

nominating a midwest/great lake-populist is the path to failure?

or is his black muslim demographic just sooooo annoying to the totally-not-race-related election results?

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 03:29:02 PM »

I think the most important thing is to have Democrats challenging Republicans in every race nationwide.  No race should go unopposed.  And if it means running conservative Democrats in conservative districts... well, we can hash that out when we win congress and assign committee seats and leadership.

It is really important to stress that we're not pandering to rural whites... we're including them as much as possible.

We can't continue to speak lip service to "inclusiveness" while we write off, often with haughty dismissiveness, vast swathes of America.

great post, freedom fighter mindset.

no to cheap nationalism, yes to hearing and fighting the sorrows of all americans.

obama didn't got so many votes out of trump country cause of his fair skin.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 05:05:26 AM »

bayh was a broken candidate.....kander should have won, if personality is anything.

but we have learned during the last year, that atm republicans have a bigger chance to get elected in blue states, than dems in red states, so there is a kind of "additional effort" needed anyway.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 08:26:06 PM »

so many stupid quotes.....it's annoying that a candidate with so many positive traits slips over such a thing. (aka holds stupid views)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 10:01:06 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2016, 10:12:27 PM by ApatheticAustrian »

that "occupying" charge loses all its power if you look how other states whose frontiers have been changed during the second world war have prospered and accepted their new "limitations".

besides the fact that israel would be waaaaay smaller if the arabs didn't try to destroy it several times....and got bloody noses from a far weaker enemey.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 10:28:57 PM »

historic relativism which cancels out decisions made 70 to 80 years ago would bring turmoil to this whole world.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 02:29:00 PM »

i think the only governments hurting palestinians more than israel are the ones in lebanon, syria, jordan, egypt and palestine.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2016, 09:39:32 PM »

a populist would alienate working-class voters?

this seems like a strange concept for me.

once again: those people voted for effing BARACK hussein OBAMA.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2016, 10:45:20 PM »

Obama is more moderate than Ellison. I don't think Ellison is necessarily anti-semitic, but the ADL opposes him being picked. I don't rember the ADL opposing Obama's candidacy for President. I think someone more moderate would be a better choice. There isn't really a party that favorably views moderates like me.

oh, i am pretty much concernced about the kind of anti-zionism on the left which often ignores faults in other states and/or in the actions of israel's enemies.

but...to paraphrase:

would a moderate have voted for wasserman-schultz? especially since this job includes tainting your soul.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2016, 11:09:42 PM »

Obama is more moderate than Ellison. I don't think Ellison is necessarily anti-semitic, but the ADL opposes him being picked. I don't rember the ADL opposing Obama's candidacy for President. I think someone more moderate would be a better choice. There isn't really a party that favorably views moderates like me.

oh, i am pretty much concernced about the kind of anti-zionism on the left which often ignores faults in other states and/or in the actions of israel's enemies.

but...to paraphrase:

would a moderate have voted for wasserman-schultz? especially since this job includes tainting your soul.
No, a moderate like me would not vote for Waserman-Schultz. I think someone far more centrist would be a good choice to appeal to rural and suburban voters.

i think words like "moderate" are confusing if they apply to someone like trump but i practically agree.....even while i would call it "re-calibrating" instead of moderating. ^^

otherwise....yeah, THAT WAS MY POINT....DWS wasn't moderate and it wouldn't have made any difference for clinton if someone else would have run the DNC, imho.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2016, 07:25:32 PM »

dems will lose the senate anyway and not winning the house.

most important question.....GOVERNEURS.

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 09:48:12 PM »

does nobody remember the republican "how to talk with women" retreats?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 09:07:32 PM »

would be kind of shocking for me, if ellison wouldn't pull this off,....he was showered with big-shot endorsements for several weeks.

personally i couldn't care less if perez or ellison wins, since i am not totally sure which would be the right approach for the future regarding the biggest big-tent.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 09:43:16 PM »

If the Democrats pick Perez, they can say goodbye to the Bernie wing. THose people won't be voting Democrat for a long time.

Who are we going to be voting for, then?

the green party.

better live in a country ruled by pot-hating, private-prison-complex-enhancing, health-care-destroying, trans-mocking EPA-slayers than in one governed by the center-left, i guess.

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 09:47:53 PM »

Well if the corporatists refuse to learn their lesson, then they should keep losing.

"the corporatists" aren't losing, WE are all losing and the major reason the republicans didn't lose this time is, that they didn't care anymore for ideological hegemony.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies