The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:30:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 106985 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 31, 2016, 12:32:16 PM »

Can we stop Ellison is most likely gonna win seeing as he has Chuck's backing
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 04:37:05 PM »

The election and the Dem. establishment are making me sick, just like the Democratic primary did.  These people are so dirty and cynical. 
Who is the "establishment"? Because all the big names are backing Keith aka Bernie's pick
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 06:37:20 PM »

Some sources are saying Perez has a huge lead in the votes & will easily win!
BS http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/317428-ellison-tops-perez-in-dnc-race-fundraising
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 11:16:58 AM »

Guys Ellison is gonna win I don't get all this nervousness about a few big name backing Perez
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 10:44:29 PM »

I do wonder if there is a good spot in the behind the screens of the DNC for Buttigieg to work with Keith to build a grass roots plan for 2018
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 07:19:56 PM »

So David Duke kinda endorsed Keith Ellison https://mobile.twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/831273173731536897
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 05:04:40 PM »

Are you f**king kidding me?! Literally all the tops of the party from Chuck, Bernie, Nancy want Keith
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 05:07:24 PM »

Maybe Keith has more already? It just doesn't make sense everyone is backing Keith  
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 05:15:50 PM »

Perez and Ellison literally agree on everything, why the doom and gloom?
I don't hate Perez but the YT/Bernie wing is gonna flip if Keith loses an possibly leave the party at a time we should be organizing for pushing back on a dangerous demagogue. Also Keith was warning about Trump winning back in 2015 so he knows how to put his ear to the ground
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 05:25:04 PM »

This makes no sense the only explanation is they think Keith has been successfully branded as some black panther anti-Semite so moderates will run away but the only people who buy that garbage will never vote dem
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 08:29:55 PM »

Listen I like Perez but choosing him over Keith will be a f**king disater. The party needs unity and the Bernie eing will bolt if Keith loses to someone who supports Tpp
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 12:10:34 AM »

Seriously it so damn frustrating right now Keith should be the DNC chair an Tim Ryan minority leader as the two faces of the party taking on Trump who if doesn't do irreversible damage to our democracy or cause the end of the world will be a godsend to the dems
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 08:06:41 PM »

I do admit it's already frustrating Tim Ryan lost let alone if Perez wins. Tim and Keith together as top party heads would be a fantastic step forward toward 2020
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 01:22:14 PM »

Buttigieg is coming to GW in an hour, anyone have a question I should ask?
Don't bs just straight up if you dropped out would you support Perez or Ellison
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 02:32:48 PM »

Warning: The comments are cancerous.

-"Lewis is a segregationist and a fake civil rights antagonist and Ellison is a Muslim Bortherhood jihadist recruiter. They were made for the demonic party."

-"That's the ticket, an anti-semitic, anti-white muslim."

-"When the horse dies, it is time to dismount. He's not going anywhere else. The dems don't get it."

-"pulling the party left is a losing tactic. Hillary was just a historically horrid candidate. The country is still center. Appointing these dummies will cement the coastal losing legacy for dems."

LOL.

But remember the left is the one who plays identity politics
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2017, 04:02:34 PM »

I call bs on AP
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 01:45:28 PM »

No wonder Trump is our president, f**k the incompetent DNC
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 05:54:57 PM »

MSNBC's Chuck Todd is covering the DNC race an April Ryan said her sources say Perez has it locked up. God f**king dammit
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 06:09:02 PM »

Thanks Obama >(
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 06:29:17 PM »

I don't hate Tom an 9/10 him being the DNC chair would be fine but he offered no real ideas for party building like Keith and this will needlessly piss off the Bernie wing
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 08:14:22 PM »

Losing over 1,000 seats is good politics?

Alright, look. I'm not getting involved in the other argument but I only want to say that this "losing 1,000 seats" thing does a disservice to Obama/Democrats as a whole, and I feel obligated to point this out when I see it. It entertains the notion that we could have kept all/most of those seats in the first place, which wasn't really possible. We were fresh off of 2 waves in a row, won the presidency with the most liberal candidate since LBJ and early enough into a recession for Republicans to obstruct and then blame us for the slow recovery. We were always going to lose a ton of what we gained in those waves. What we had after 2 waves was not our new baseline. That was like a sugar high. The fact that the collapse happened during a redistricting year hurt us going forward.

Further, the realignment of the South to Republicans was a slow moving glacier for decades at the state/local level, and Obama accelerated that bigly. I mean no one can rightly say we could have held onto legislatures in Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, and so on if we just did x, y or z. It's a miracle we even had those going into 2010.

Looking at the political landscape now - yes, we are in a deeper hole, but comparing it to what we had in 2004 (before the two huge waves), it does not look as remarkably different than if you compare it to 2009 - the height of our power in this generation.
This is true but that doesn't change the fact that the "establishment" wing blew this election I mean it's Donald f'ing Trump who in late October was caught on video describing sexual assault he committed an won. Going forward we need to take back the house in 2018 in order to put some leash on this cr*p an we need the Bernie/grassroots energy in order to do that and Keith was the better man for the job. An there is nothing that I would love more than for Perez to prove me wrong an put some type of midterm coalition of combing the grassroots Bernie wing angry with Hillary's big money donor class/old school conservative big money who are horrified of Trump's anti-intellectualism but I would be more comfortable with going with what feels like a better route in Keith
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 08:16:36 PM »

A lot of sympathetic Democrats are assuming that Bernie's support was just a matter of out-promising Clinton on things like single-payer healthcare and tuition-free college, and that if the party were just willing to promise more "free stuff" that they'd have no problem winning a wide majority of his voters. I think that is a grave mistake.

The Sanders platform was fundamentally one of empowerment. He ran on transparency, honesty, and decency in government - on holding public officials responsible to the people whom they represent, regardless of background, wealth, or status. A Perez victory isn't consistent with the party taking that message seriously. When party insiders call him a "progressive," what usually seems to be meant is that he's willing to call for just enough spending and entitlements to buy off certain groups of voters. Maybe I'm wrong, but that doesn't seem like a sustainable strategy for the party.
I will be fair to Perez an point out he is very pro-union/worker rights so he isn't some "phony progressive"
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 08:21:11 PM »

A lot of sympathetic Democrats are assuming that Bernie's support was just a matter of out-promising Clinton on things like single-payer healthcare and tuition-free college, and that if the party were just willing to promise more "free stuff" that they'd have no problem winning a wide majority of his voters. I think that is a grave mistake.

The Sanders platform was fundamentally one of empowerment. He ran on transparency, honesty, and decency in government - on holding public officials responsible to the people whom they represent, regardless of background, wealth, or status. A Perez victory isn't consistent with the party taking that message seriously. When party insiders call him a "progressive," what usually seems to be meant is that he's willing to call for just enough spending and entitlements to buy off certain groups of voters. Maybe I'm wrong, but that doesn't seem like a sustainable strategy for the party.
I will be fair to Perez an point out he is very pro-union/worker rights so he isn't some "phony progressive"

Except when he supported the TPP, which most trade unions opposed.
That is true which is my biggest fear
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 08:54:31 PM »

What's up with everybody getting all "Look like Perez will pull it off, smh" attitude? Ellison still holds the edge in more recent "counts" than Perez.

Plus, just because Obama is getting a little involved doesn't mean anything. Remember last year when he did all that campaigning for Hillary (and she still ended up losing). Yeah. Don't be so cynical all of a sudden.
MSNBC is reporting there sources say Perez hit the mark
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2017, 03:45:25 PM »

On a personal level though are any of you Bernie wing afraid that Trump didn't win over TPP but there is a "whitelash" going on an Keith would be made successfully made into a Muslim bogeyman?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies