The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:00:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 108442 times)
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« on: November 16, 2016, 03:59:44 PM »

Howard Dean was a fantastic DNC chair, but he is Yesterday's Man.  We ran a lot of has-beens this year (virtually all of whom lost), and I think it's time for some new blood, and who better than a young Muslim congressman from Minnesota with a reliably progressive voting record?  

Selecting Keith Ellison would certainly send a signal that the Democratic Party gets 'it'.  

It does the exact opposite. We lost because we both alienated white working class voters and didn't turn out minorities. The DNC is a full time job, which Ellison can't commit to as a Congressman. Ellison should be chair of the DCCC or co-chair of the DNC with him as the public face of the party and Dean in charge of actual operations, similar to the format of the '90s.

Oh give me a break.  Did you say that when super-corrupt DWS was the chair?  No of course you didn't.  And of course you want Howard lobbyist Dean, who was probably the most disgusting Clinton surrogate during the primaries.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 04:07:51 PM »

So Rachel Maddow's tease for a dark horse candidate never came through?

SC Party Chairman Jamie Harrison announced on her show.

The Podesta Group lobbyist who caught major flak during the primaries for alleged collusion with the Clinton campaign while overseeing a state primary election? Oh dear...

lol Maddow has lost any credibility she once had.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 11:37:24 PM »

Watch this, and if you still support Perez after watching it, you're no progressive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ByXdb_E6FM

What a pathetic, stupid, little man.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 04:21:10 PM »

The election and the Dem. establishment are making me sick, just like the Democratic primary did.  These people are so dirty and cynical. 
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 04:47:10 PM »

The election and the Dem. establishment are making me sick, just like the Democratic primary did.  These people are so dirty and cynical.  
Who is the "establishment"? Because all the big names are backing Keith aka Bernie's pick

I'm not talking about the big names.  I'm talking about all the people behind the scenes with their media ties (MSNBC, Mother Jones etc.) who are constantly trying to find dirt.  These are the same a**holes that were calling Bernie sexist and racist and his supporters a bunch of white male supremacists.  It's just sickening.  They can go f*** themselves.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 05:32:41 PM »

Something interesting I found out about Buttigieg:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 05:11:01 PM »

Democrats Being Trained on "How to Talk to Real People" by David Brock

Geez - Seriously!

There's no hope...
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 05:43:22 PM »

I honestly don't care who wins.  What I want is for the DNC members that vote to pick who they feel is the most competent, not the one with the most connections.  I honestly fail to see how Perez is the best candidate.  To me he seems like an opportunist who hasn't said or done anything to convince me he knows what he's doing.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 06:44:47 PM »

Just give the DNC chairmanship to Ellison. The only people who really seem to care about this are Bernie supporters anyway. I like Perez but not enough to deal with the anger from the left.

The donors who want to keep control of the party care.  And so do the DNC members who are funded by those donors.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 01:25:05 PM »

I think Buckley has a better chance of being the compromise candidate than Buttigieg.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 02:39:27 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2017, 02:47:28 PM by watermelon »

If it was only symbolic, Perez wouldn't be running, though. He was only pushed into the race to stop Ellison. Clearly, someone thinks it's important to stop Ellison.

Some people are really naive.  It's pretty obvious that Perez entered the race because Ellison didn't kiss the donors' ring, and they felt they needed their own man.  This election is all about who will control the party:  the rich donors, or the left.  Perez isn't necessarily a bad person, but the fact that as secretary of Labor he was in favor of the TPP (while labor unions were against it) tells me that he puts his career first.  Plus, he hasn't given me any reason to believe he is competent enough to lead the party at a time when Republicans hold the Presidency, the Congress, will soon hold the SCOTUS, and are also in control at the state level.  The Democrats have screwed up badly, and if they think that everything is fine because Hillary won the popular vote against a crazy person, nothing will change.

ETA:  To be honest, after learning more about the candidates, I feel that Buckley is the best person for the job but unfortunately I don't have a vote.  Ellison is my 2nd choice.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 02:50:36 PM »

It's so irritating seeing the Bernie fanatics sh**t all over Perez because he doesn't fulfill every requirement on their ideological litmus test. Just because Perez doesn't share all your views doesn't mean that he's a CLINTONISTA SHILL GLOBALIST BIG MONEY PUPPET

That's an idiotic comment and you know it.  The opposition to Perez has little to do with ideological litmus tests.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2017, 02:58:03 PM »

It's so irritating seeing the Bernie fanatics sh**t all over Perez because he doesn't fulfill every requirement on their ideological litmus test. Just because Perez doesn't share all your views doesn't mean that he's a CLINTONISTA SHILL GLOBALIST BIG MONEY PUPPET

That's an idiotic comment and you know it.  The opposition to Perez has little to do with ideological litmus tests.

Then what does it have to do with?

Read my comment above.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 10:56:21 PM »

Nomiki Konst has done a phenomenal job reporting from the various DNC conferences and she nails it in this interview with a Nebraska Democrat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSsSRJHisQg

She explains that this is not a Bernie vs Hillary thing like some naive (I hope) Hillary people here seem to think it is.  This is about whether the DNC will remain a money racketeering operation, where money is being raised, supposedly to fight for progressive issues, and then the money goes directly to the consultants.  These consulting firms want to remain in control of where the money goes (in their pockets) and they're not going to let an outsider like Keith Ellison, or Buckley, or Buttigieg, or the young lady from Idaho come in and decide that the money needs to go elsewhere.  Decision Strategies, a consulting firm which has a lucrative contract with the DNC, has endorsed Perez for this exact reason.  Perez wouldn't have entered the race if these consulting firms didn't feel threatened.

So Democrats, if you want to keep losing elections, while Washington DC consultants keep getting richer, support Tom Perez.
Honestly if it was up to me, I would make Nomiki Konst the chair of the DNC, because she clearly knows what the problem is.

unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2017, 03:59:13 PM »

With the vote being secret ballot... I wonder how much effect indorsement will really have this year... when members are more likely to think long and hard about who is best to help lay the frame work to take back congress and the presidency, etc. (whether that Ellison or not)

Who are you supporting?  I'm just curious...
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 05:42:29 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2017, 05:49:52 PM by watermelon »

But Ellison is a strong progressive who understands both the Sanders wing and the necessary components of the Clinton wing (nonwhite Dems). Schumer and Al Franken, both HRC supporters, understand this too. Perez has no reason to be here, and the Clinton wing loses nothing by putting Ellison in charge.

hahahaha you are really naive.  I will just quote myself:

Also, describing non-whites as the Clinton-wing is laughable.

Clinton's so-called support among minorities was due to her being more known.  In California, which was the last primary and Bernie was well-known after campaigning for so many months, he won hispanics as well as the predominantly African-American city of Oakland.  He also did significantly better than Hillary among younger members of minority groups.
I mean seriously, how can you call minorities the Clinton-wing when turn-out among minorities was at an all-time low in the general election?

unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 05:52:35 PM »

But Ellison is a strong progressive who understands both the Sanders wing and the necessary components of the Clinton wing (nonwhite Dems). Schumer and Al Franken, both HRC supporters, understand this too. Perez has no reason to be here, and the Clinton wing loses nothing by putting Ellison in charge.

hahahaha you are really naive.  I will just quote myself:

Non-white Democrats did vote for HRC over Sanders by large margins; it's the reason why she was the nominee and he wasn't.

Basically what I'm saying is that HRC won in part because she got a lot of votes from very liberal dems (such as myself) and I don't see any reason why very liberal HRC supporters would not want Ellison.

I edited my response above to explain why I thought your comment was laughable.  I won't even address your comments about who acted like a child during the primaries.  The videos of Hillary acting like a spoiled baby when BLM or Greenpeace activists confronted her, are available for everyone to see on youtube.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 05:59:05 PM »

hahahaha you are really naive.  I will just quote myself:

Non-white Democrats did vote for HRC over Sanders by large margins; it's the reason why she was the nominee and he wasn't.

Basically what I'm saying is that HRC won in part because she got a lot of votes from very liberal dems (such as myself) and I don't see any reason why very liberal HRC supporters would not want Ellison.

I edited my response above to explain why I thought your comment was laughable.  I won't even address your comments about who acted like a child during the primaries.  The videos of Hillary acting like a spoiled baby when BLM or Greenpeace activists confronted her, are available for everyone to see on youtube.

You know Hillary won the primary thanks to non-white voters, right? That's not up for debate, that's an established fact.

As I explained above, the issue of whether she was the candidate of minority groups has a more complicated answer than who got more votes in the primaries.  Her lack of support among minorities, especially younger people in the general election, shows that she had some issues with that particular demographic.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 06:01:55 PM »

This is stupid. Yeah, a lot of us liberal Dems supported Hillary. That means nothing when it comes to the fact that these consultants and big wigs feel threatened by Ellison. It's not us standing in the way of Ellison. No one's saying it is. It's them.

I don't disagree with you.  A lot of people supported Hillary over Bernie for different reasons obviously.  I would actually say that the Hillary supporters that I oppose are a very small minority of her total support.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2017, 09:30:14 PM »

Buttigieg is coming to GW in an hour, anyone have a question I should ask?
Don't bs just straight up if you dropped out would you support Perez or Ellison

Please ask something substantial.  This is not a question he is required to answer.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2017, 02:11:47 PM »

So Perez apparently after the NH primary, emailed Podesta telling him that while Bernie has the youth vote, they should change the narrative by claiming that Bernie only appeals to young white voters, which would hurt him in South Carolina.  So he pretty much came up with the idea of the idiotic Bernie bro stereotype.  The email was in the wikileaks emails.
For more information see:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riarqgogc3U

He can go f*** himself.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2017, 09:36:49 PM »

So Perez apparently after the NH primary, emailed Podesta telling him that while Bernie has the youth vote, they should change the narrative by claiming that Bernie only appeals to young white voters, which would hurt him in South Carolina.  So he pretty much came up with the idea of the idiotic Bernie bro stereotype.  The email was in the wikileaks emails.
For more information see:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riarqgogc3U

He can go f*** himself.

Ah, what a surprise! The guy running against our candidate is the source of all trouble ever!

And about Buttigieg, I have a feeling that he'll either become the next Jason Kander or a strong contender for the Presidency.

You know what?  Go eff yourself.  If you don't understand how hurtful the accusations towards Bernie supporters being sexist and racist were during the primary, you either have no clue, or you're just trolling. 
I have worked for years for minority rights and women's rights, and all of a sudden because I didn't support the candidate the millionaires who run the party had already decided would be the nominee, I and many others were accused of being sexist and racist.  And this was by people who I thought were on my side!
Can you understand what a betrayal that was?  You obviously can't, so shut up.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 01:58:20 PM »

Well, the priority then was funneling money toward his and then HRC's presidential campaigns, and the priority now is funneling donor money toward the foundation. Perez should be great at that - a "progressive who gets things done." Who cares about winning piddling local elections? Let them eat fentanyl.

This is the truth unfortunately. 
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 07:31:49 PM »

Just came to post this.

At first I thought Ellison would win hands down; but looks like Perez has it sealed. (feel free to quote this next week) As always internal elections are actually more interesting to see who's backing who- Dean/Rendell backing Buttigieg for example

If Perez wins this, I'll be genuinely infuriated. I will never register as a Democrat if their administration continues with these stupid games.

If you guys (stuanch Ellison supporters) want to be treated like grown ups, you're gonna have to start acting the part.  You're so emotionally invested in a largely meaningless race between very similar candidates that you're threatening to throw a pointless temper-tantrum if your generic progressive Democrat loses to another generic progressive Democrat.  Parties don't change overnight and change comes from the bottom up (we're already seeing some early signs).  I don't mean to single you out, Arch.  You're generally a decent enough poster, but posts like the one you just made give Berniecrats a bad name.

Parties don't change overnight, but they also don't change by playing nice.

I view Ellison v Perez as how willing the Establishment is to play ball. This isn't about policies (with the exception of shilling for TPP out of loyalty to Pres. Obama, Perez is Okay) it's purely factional.

If Ellison loses, it means that we're going to have to end the Democratic careers of the other side if we ever want the Democratic Party to succeed.

I want to see the Sanders-wing prevail too; I consider myself part of it Tongue  However, the path to victory is taking over state parties and running strong progressive candidates in local/city races in places like Boston, Cleveland, Chicago, NYC, etc, etc.  The city machines need to be taken away from the third way hacks and corporate shills first.  Until we do that, we're getting waaaaay ahead of ourselves.  Sometimes it is okay to compromise too and Perez really is a lot better than a McAulliffe-type or a DWS-level idiot.  Would Dean or Buttigieg be better?  Sure.  Alas, you can't always get what you want Sad

The thing is that Perez ran specifically because the consulting firms that are the main recipients of donations to the DNC, don't want to lose their access to all that money.  As someone else said earlier, Perez will make sure all the money will remain in the Washington bubble and the Nebraska or the Utah Democratic party will remain broke and unable to compete with Republicans (because who cares about winning elections, right?).  Electing Perez, a guy who pretty much is responsible for slandering a beloved figure on the left like Bernie Sanders during the primaries, and has shown no intention of making the party more inclusive, is like shooting yourself in the head.  But the DNC members who will vote for him don't give a sh*t as long as they have access to power.
If there's something that's bothering Berniecrats is the corruption in the Democratic Party, and I don't understand why some people who are not on our side don't see this.  Maybe they're getting paid by Brock?  Who knows...
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 07:48:05 PM »

According to Nomiki Konst, Jennifer O'Malley Dillon, the co-founder of Precision Strategies, a consulting firm with a huge contract with the DNC is making calls to DNC members, asking them to vote for Perez.  I'm mentioning it, just so that everyone knows who Perez is working for.

Watch the entire video to understand what is really going on behind the scenes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okSpEXZYOys
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies