The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:25:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 106992 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: January 05, 2017, 09:43:15 AM »

Can anyone provide actual evidence than Ellison is anti-semitic? I'm not saying it's false - I don't know much about him - but it's f**king tedious when these labels are thrown around as if they were self-evident without the necessary context.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 05:19:42 AM »

Yeah, keep that cynical use of identity politics going. Despite the fact Ellison wrote a paper on Farrakhan twenty years ago, let's dump an actual chance at rebuilding the Democratic Party and go with "safe choice" Tom "progressive who gets things done" Perez.

So your idea is to tell Jews that we shouldn't worry about anti-Semitism and that if we do then it's just "identity politics?"  Pathetic.

You are in a setting in which most of us care about opposing antisemitism but also don't believe that there is any credible evidence that Keith Ellison is an antisemite. There's an easy way to resolve this: Show us that Keith Ellison has done antisemitic things.

Instead, you are taking a claim that ought to be treated seriously and treating it as the equivalent of a playground taunt. It is  wrong, it disgusts me, and I know that you can do better than that.

You know, I have to say, I read some more about this and it looks like most of the stuff Ellison said was in 1989 or 1990.  I still think that Perez is a better pick, but I'm much less invested in this race now.  Mea Culpa

Weren't you a #NeverHillary Democrat in the campaign? I can't imagine why anyone who isn't a Hillary hack would think Perez is a genuinely good choice (as opposed to the lesser evil).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 12:35:53 AM »

Does the Bernievolution within the CA Democratic Party have any influence on the dynamics of this race, or are those completely separate things?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 07:58:25 PM »

Does the Bernievolution within the CA Democratic Party have any influence on the dynamics of this race, or are those completely separate things?

Separate things, it's kind of a downballot change. And secondly it is over-rated IMO, these are small stuff but many MANY more such small stuff needs to be done & then after a while you may see a reinvigorated Dem party!

Yeah, exactly. The left lost so badly in the past few years because they have continuously neglected the "small stuff" (State legislatures, etc).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 01:14:00 PM »

Young Democrats of America Jewish Caucus endorses Keith:

So about that "anti-Semite" thing...

Inb4 David makes his "no true Jew" claims again.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 07:24:16 PM »

Who care. The DNC chair isn't the leader of the party and their power is greatly exaggerated by the Bernie people.

Obviously not you. It's not just about leading it's being transparent about where funds are going. Perez has been the only candidate that has refused to be interviewed.

This isnt a public election. Why would he need to get interviewed?

This sort of attitude is the reason why Democrats keep losing.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 07:31:13 PM »

The fact that the Democratic elite still thinks of the party as their private club and doesn't even feel the need to pretend to be willing to open a discussion with the broader public is most definitely one of the reason why the party keeps losing.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 07:40:08 PM »

The fact that the Democratic elite still thinks of the party as their private club and doesn't even feel the need to pretend to be willing to open a discussion with the broader public is most definitely one of the reason why the party keeps losing.

Kind of hard to not think that way when Bernie's wing only pretends to care and pay attention to politics every 4 years and ignores the rest.

Wise words from a former conservative hack who only started caring about the Democratic party after his own party was overtaken by the hateful madness his ilk created and exploited for decades.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 07:57:13 PM »

Kind of hard to not think that way when Bernie's wing only pretends to care and pay attention to politics every 4 years and ignores the rest.

Wise words from a former conservative hack who only started caring about the Democratic party after his own party was overtaken by the hateful madness his ilk created and exploited for decades.

I still don't care about the Democratic party, Sanders and his wing are just as bad as Trump, they're just not racist/sexist, etc. But the Dems are the only other party right now so there really isn't another choice. Plus, in the end you need us just as much as we need you to defeat Trump and his deplorables.

LOL no, people like you are a scourge on the Democratic party, and the sooner you return to your true home, the better for us.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 08:10:37 PM »

Not wanting people whose views on all but a few issues are diametrically opposed to those of a party inside said party = "purity tests". OK, then... Roll Eyes
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 08:20:52 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2017, 08:24:48 PM by RIP Jante's Law, FF »

"we aren't Democrats and don't want to be part of your party but have to work with you as you're the only other alternative"

Fine, then shut up about internal Democratic politics and let people who actually share the Democratic party's values choose their leaders instead of shilling for the establishment.

And if Democrats are to win elections in the future, they need the MasterJedis of the world as a part of the coalition. The demographic trends of this election was not a one-off event.

Democratic candidate sells out the working class in order to chase rich conservative suburbanites and blows an unlosable election in the process. Clearly the solution is to sell out the working class and chase rich conservative suburbanites more!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 09:30:05 PM »

Just vote. Fight with each other all you want, but just vote.

...I assume this isn't directed to me? Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 11:33:47 PM »

I can read, but I can't vote.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 01:15:37 AM »

A lot of Bernie's excitement didn't come from him being a progressive. It came because he was actually proposing new ideas. Bold ideas. That's the main thing lacking at the top of the Democratic Party, boldness.

Schumer + Pelosi are fairly liberal, but they're not out to change the world. They're not visionaries, or idealists. That's often a good thing for leaders to have, but the consequence is that the base feels like their leaders don't really care about the ideas they say they support. There's no sense of urgency.

Exactly. And that's a big deal. The US needs new ideas. The world needs new ideas. The recipes of the past just haven't been working for the mass of the people.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 08:15:58 PM »

As someone with some experience with statistical modeling, let me point out that a model that predicting 435 outcomes with 350 variables is beyond worthless. And really, you don't need to have gone to grad school to know that. This is unbelievable.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 06:14:59 PM »

So who is it that's actually voting? How many people?

The 447 members of the DNC.

Out of curiosity, who (s)elects those 447?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2017, 06:38:42 PM »

So the Bernie takeover of the CA Democratic Party did make a difference, however marginal in the grand scheme of things. I'm curious who makes up the California delegation.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 08:11:49 PM »

This party is beyond redemption. We deserve 1000 years of T***p.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2017, 11:53:10 PM »

I assume the mid-Atlantic + Illinois will be Perez country? These are the States with the worst Democratic machines.

I hope the rest of Midwest will go for Ellison.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2017, 02:14:23 PM »

God please don't let Perez win.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 02:22:16 PM »

F**KING CHRIST
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 02:24:09 PM »

Morons.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2017, 02:27:11 PM »

Burn this party to the ground.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2017, 02:28:33 PM »

Wtf is up with all the hate for Perez? DNC Chair isn't a policy figure. And even if it was, he's just as progressive as Ellison.

This is a symbol. It's a middle finger to anyone who isn't an establishment hack.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2017, 02:33:21 PM »

If I were a Berniecrat I'd rather have Ellison in the House than as fundraisier/hack-in-chief. What if he's replaced on Congress by a Blue Dog? How does that help the movement at all?

Best case he's replaced by another Berniecrat, but the new one will be inexperienced and less effective for a while.

Who gives a sh*t, nothing good is gonna come out of Congress any time soon, and 1/435th is an irrelevancy.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies