The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:27:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 107911 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: February 25, 2017, 02:31:25 PM »

If I were a Berniecrat I'd rather have Ellison in the House than as fundraisier/hack-in-chief. What if he's replaced on Congress by a Blue Dog? How does that help the movement at all?

Best case he's replaced by another Berniecrat, but the new one will be inexperienced and less effective for a while.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 02:34:59 PM »

If I were a Berniecrat I'd rather have Ellison in the House than as fundraisier/hack-in-chief. What if he's replaced on Congress by a Blue Dog? How does that help the movement at all?

Best case he's replaced by another Berniecrat, but the new one will be inexperienced and less effective for a while.

Who gives a sh*t, nothing good is gonna come out of Congress any time soon, and 1/435th is an irrelevancy.

More relevant than a fundraiser who supports ALL democratic nominees no matter what. If the Vermont Democratic Parry decided to nominate against Bernie in 2018, Chairman Ellison will be required to endorse the guy.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 03:25:57 PM »

Everybody wins! The Clinton Camp gets their man in a glorified irrelevant fundraising position, and the Bernie Camp gets their man fighting for them in Congress, where policy positions matter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies