The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:31:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 107741 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 31, 2016, 09:48:53 AM »

With Obama's recent non-veto of an anti-Israel resolution, and the ADL, Alan Dershowitz and Haim Saban's statements, things are getting serious. Jews need reassurance that the Democrats are not going to abandon them.

Huh?

Am I reading too much into this, or are you subtly suggesting that Ellison shouldn't be DNC chair because he's Muslim?

I know that's probably not what you're saying, but I just got that impression from your reply.

It's his Nation of Islam connections that seem to be the problem. Personally, I don't care about it, but we need Jewish Americans (not just Bernie) on board.

Is J Street not enough?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 10:16:17 PM »

Buttigieg would also be the second gay Chair of a major party. The mafia is working overtime to get him elected. Let's go kick Ellison's and Perez's butt[igieg]s!

And the first one to be open about it during his chairmanship.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 12:08:10 AM »

I still have yet to see an explanation for why Perez jumped in in the first place. What did he see that was wrong with Ellison? If they're so similar, why should Ellison's supporters have to bend the knee?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 02:18:13 PM »

What even is the argument for Perez? What is he saying is so wrong with Ellison that he had to jump in?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 04:03:47 PM »

While I agree it's disappointing that it looks like Ellison or Buttigieg won't win, I think people are overrating the actual power the DNC head has.

Why now, does everyone care about a position that has meant very little in the past? Why place more meaning into this then there needs to be? Everyone is just going to end up being disappointed when the essences of the party establishment chooses the establishment candidate. If the Sanders wing is the future, they will take over the party in due time anyway.
Because DNC corruption became a general election campaign issue, thanks to Trump and Russian hackers

But why is Perez a symbol of DNC corruption? Its not like he and Ellison differ on anything meaningful. Its not like Perez has a history of corruption. The Bernie-wing has placed all its eggs in Ellison and I have no idea why. 

If they don't differ on anything meaningful why did he challenge Ellison?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 06:16:46 PM »

I really love all the damn bern bros bitching in the thread that they aren't going to vote Dem if they don't get what they want.  You want to know who is out of touch and who is being a brat, look in the mirror.

Yeah, this thread is getting stupid.

Dismiss "Bernie bros" at your own peril Democrats. It appears that you've learned nothing from 2016.
Man you really are acting like a child. Go out like we are and fight the real enemy instead of being some bitter petty asshole all the time. It does nothing for you but bring you pain and dissatisfaction. 

Way to make stupid assumptions about my character.

After Bernie lost, I went out volunteered a ton of my time to help campaign for Hillary Clinton during the general. I'm active within my local Democratic Party, and campaign for local Democrats in my area. I'm doing my part.

It's you and the rest of the DNC who needs to wake up and take a look in the mirror, because what you've been doing clearly hasn't been working. Democratic U.S. Senate seats have fallen from 55 to 46. Our share of the House has plummeted from 256 seats to 194. Republicans still control both chambers. We've lost 958 state legislative seats. Democratic governerships have slipped from 28 to 16. We're losing, and it's not because of "Bernie bros."

JFC.

Yet instead of trying to fix these things you want to take your ball and go sit in the damn corner.

We are trying to fix them. That's what Ellison's candidacy is about!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 02:29:38 PM »

Wtf is up with all the hate for Perez? DNC Chair isn't a policy figure. And even if it was, he's just as progressive as Ellison.

Then why is he running? This is just a way for the Clinton wing to keep any possible control out of the hands of the Bernie wing.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 02:40:53 PM »

I'm for Keith for this reason:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, you certainly got one thing right.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 03:22:27 PM »

Buttigieg is pronounced "Booty-judge"? Huh That's so weird.

Yeah, there's not even a vowel after the second G.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 03:25:24 PM »

They are who we thought they were.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies