The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:51:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 106818 times)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« on: November 13, 2016, 02:19:51 PM »

An anti-semite leading the Democrat Party.  Just what they need to move to the center, obviously.

Huh

I guess if you are Muslim you are automatically an anti-semite in the Republican world.
That is the rules for some reason in Politics.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 08:01:17 PM »

The fact that the Democratic elite still thinks of the party as their private club and doesn't even feel the need to pretend to be willing to open a discussion with the broader public is most definitely one of the reason why the party keeps losing.

Kind of hard to not think that way when Bernie's wing only pretends to care and pay attention to politics every 4 years and ignores the rest.

Wise words from a former conservative hack who only started caring about the Democratic party after his own party was overtaken by the hateful madness his ilk created and exploited for decades.

I still don't care about the Democratic party, Sanders and his wing are just as bad as Trump, they're just not racist/sexist, etc. But the Dems are the only other party right now so there really isn't another choice. Plus, in the end you need us just as much as we need you to defeat Trump and his deplorables.

LOL no, people like you are a scourge on the Democratic party, and the sooner you return to your true home, the better for us.
Honey people like you trying to purge the party are what is wrong.  You guys really need to see the damn enemy instead of the god damn purity tests.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 04:49:59 PM »

I really love all the damn bern bros bitching in the thread that they aren't going to vote Dem if they don't get what they want.  You want to know who is out of touch and who is being a brat, look in the mirror.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 05:47:18 PM »

I really love all the damn bern bros bitching in the thread that they aren't going to vote Dem if they don't get what they want.  You want to know who is out of touch and who is being a brat, look in the mirror.

Yeah, this thread is getting stupid.

Dismiss "Bernie bros" at your own peril Democrats. It appears that you've learned nothing from 2016.
Man you really are acting like a child. Go out like we are and fight the real enemy instead of being some bitter petty asshole all the time. It does nothing for you but bring you pain and dissatisfaction. 
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 06:13:37 PM »

Dismiss "Bernie bros" at your own peril Democrats. It appears that you've learned nothing from 2016.
Man you really are acting like a child. Go out like we are and fight the real enemy instead of being some bitter petty asshole all the time. It does nothing for you but bring you pain and dissatisfaction. 

Way to make stupid assumptions about my character.

After Bernie lost, I went out volunteered a ton of my time to help campaign for Hillary Clinton during the general. I'm active within my local Democratic Party, and campaign for local Democrats in my area. I'm doing my part.

It's you and the rest of the DNC who needs to wake up and take a look in the mirror, because what you've been doing clearly hasn't been working. Democratic U.S. Senate seats have fallen from 55 to 46. Our share of the House has plummeted from 256 seats to 194. Republicans still control both chambers. We've lost 958 state legislative seats. Democratic governerships have slipped from 28 to 16. We're losing, and it's not because of "Bernie bros."

JFC.

Yet instead of trying to fix these things you want to take your ball and go sit in the damn corner.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 06:17:46 PM »

After Bernie lost, I went out volunteered a ton of my time to help campaign for Hillary Clinton during the general. I'm active within my local Democratic Party, and campaign for local Democrats in my area. I'm doing my part.

It's you and the rest of the DNC who needs to wake up and take a look in the mirror, because what you've been doing clearly hasn't been working. Democratic U.S. Senate seats have fallen from 55 to 46. Our share of the House has plummeted from 256 seats to 194. Republicans still control both chambers. We've lost 958 state legislative seats. Democratic governerships have slipped from 28 to 16. We're losing, and it's not because of "Bernie bros."

JFC.

Yet instead of trying to fix these things you want to take your ball and go sit in the damn corner.

We are trying to fix them. That's what Ellison's candidacy is about!
Ok, but don't be a child and gripe when you lose. Somethings are more important than that.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 06:29:01 PM »

JFC.

We are trying to fix them. That's what Ellison's candidacy is about!
Ok, but don't be a child and gripe when you lose. Somethings are more important than that.

You know all too well that's exactly what's going to happen if Ellison loses, so why not elect him and avoid it all together?

Stop trying to take the moral high ground.
Because adults don't give in to children.  That's why
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 06:41:44 PM »

JFC.

Don't know how you got that from my post.

I'm about as involved in the Democratic Party as someone my age can get, and yet you think I'm taking my ball and sitting in the damn corner. LOL

Honestly there's no way you can reason with spoiled children like JerryArkansas or Lief.
We're not the ones threatening to leave the party because we don't get our way. That's you guys. Love the projection though. Haven't seen it in a while.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 06:52:28 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2017, 06:55:13 PM by JerryArkansas »

JFC.

Don't know how you got that from my post.

I'm about as involved in the Democratic Party as someone my age can get, and yet you think I'm taking my ball and sitting in the damn corner. LOL

Honestly there's no way you can reason with spoiled children like JerryArkansas or Lief.
We're not the ones threatening to leave the party because we don't get our way. That's you guys. Love the projection though. Haven't seen it in a while.

You want to dismiss the Sanders wing as "children who don't know what's good for them", then you pay the price. Considering the leaks that occurred on day 1 of the DNC, I'd say they've given way too many chances.

VP pick: Hillary could've picked Sherrod Brown, Elizabeth Warren, Mark Dayton, Pete Shumlin, Keith Ellison or someone else. No, she picked Tim Kaine

Campaign: Bernie supporters in Wisconsin cry out "Come to Wisconsin or you'll lose it!". She ignores them, assuming it's on lock. She loses Wisconsin.

DNC chair: Bernie supporters rally around Ellison. You say it's ceremonial, so let him have it. Instead, you push Perez in a last ditch effort to maintain the influence of the Third Way centrists.

They would be perfectly within their right to say "get lost", but now their Justice Democrats movement is gaining traction. Some still believe they can change things from within . . . don't piss away that last ounce of goodwill they have.
No I dismiss the children who bitch when they don't get what they want. That is all I have talked about in this thread.  So first off read my posts before trying to drag me.

All of you need to learn something. If the post isn't about you or doesn't apply to you, don't get bitchy about it.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 07:16:57 PM »

I just really, really love that Jarkansas' first defense is to accuse everyone else of childishness and defensiveness.
When a person says they won't vote or be a democrat because they lost they are a child.  And spell my name right when you try and drag me. 
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 07:18:49 PM »

I just really, really love that Jarkansas' first defense is to accuse everyone else of childishness and defensiveness.
When a person says they won't vote or be a democrat because they lost they are a child.  And spell my name right when you try and drag me. 

Jarkansas sounds better - you should consider changing it.
How about a no.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 07:22:56 PM »

This is totally ridiculous. Both of the Establishment wing and the Progressive wing need to realize that calling each other out will not form unity. It prolongs the chaos. We're already a "minority party" nationally and in most states.

Perez winning will definitely not be the end of the world. If you are a Sanders Loyalist, don't let it get to you and not participate in anything of Democrats. Sanders Loyalists are already attempting to take over parties in some places w/o the help of anyone.

The Establishment Wing needs to give space for Progressive Wingers a voice within the party. Admit it. We need something fresh in many states in which the GOP has taken advantage. We need to join forces, grow up, and win elections again.

*Also, the DNC race isn't the most important race right now. It's the federal and statewide races for the next couple of years to worry about.

The DNC rigged the primary and then tried to start a new cold war with Russia to distract people when they got busted. The idea that progressives and the 3rd way establishment are somehow on the same team is ridiculous.

I never said that progressives and the establishment were the same team. Stop putting words in my mouth and actually read. I stated that the Establishment should give Progressives a voice. I don't think they should rig either for anyone.

But "Progressives" like you aren't much better when you refuse cooperate. That's one of the reasons why Democrats have been losing elections.

You're delusional if you think "progressives refusing to cooperate" is why Democrats have been losing elections. It is incumbent upon the DNC to put up candidates who can win. And it's the DNC's sense of entitlement to our votes that has lost them elections.

Why can't you discuss your differences without calling me "delusional?"
At this point it seems like a lost cause with them. Let them bitch and moan. Seems all they can do.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 07:49:28 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2017, 07:51:50 PM by JerryArkansas »

This is totally ridiculous. Both of the Establishment wing and the Progressive wing need to realize that calling each other out will not form unity. It prolongs the chaos. We're already a "minority party" nationally and in most states.

Perez winning will definitely not be the end of the world. If you are a Sanders Loyalist, don't let it get to you and not participate in anything of Democrats. Sanders Loyalists are already attempting to take over parties in some places w/o the help of anyone.

The Establishment Wing needs to give space for Progressive Wingers a voice within the party. Admit it. We need something fresh in many states in which the GOP has taken advantage. We need to join forces, grow up, and win elections again.

*Also, the DNC race isn't the most important race right now. It's the federal and statewide races for the next couple of years to worry about.

The DNC rigged the primary and then tried to start a new cold war with Russia to distract people when they got busted. The idea that progressives and the 3rd way establishment are somehow on the same team is ridiculous.

I never said that progressives and the establishment were the same team. Stop putting words in my mouth and actually read. I stated that the Establishment should give Progressives a voice. I don't think they should rig either for anyone.

But "Progressives" like you aren't much better when you refuse cooperate. That's one of the reasons why Democrats have been losing elections.

You're delusional if you think "progressives refusing to cooperate" is why Democrats have been losing elections. It is incumbent upon the DNC to put up candidates who can win. And it's the DNC's sense of entitlement to our votes that has lost them elections.

At this point it seems like a lost cause with them. Let them bitch and moan. Seems all they can do.

I very likely did a heck of a lot more to elect Democrats than you did this cycle. So let's relax with the evidence-free accusations, hmm?
What did I say earlier in the thread. If it isn't about you don't make it about you.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 07:59:08 PM »

I very likely did a heck of a lot more to elect Democrats than you did this cycle. So let's relax with the evidence-free accusations, hmm?
What did I say earlier in the thread. If it isn't about you don't make it about you.

It is about me. I'm a Bernie hack, as much as Confused Dem (okay not quite as much as Jfern, but whatever), as much as pretty much anyone on the board. If your complaints about us don't apply to one of us, that's because your complaint is inaccurate, not because you get to pick and choose among the "impudent children" in the party.
No I talk about the children who will bitch and whine and quit the party because they don't get what they want. Not you, and not all Bernie supporters. So please stop making every damn criticism about you and Bernie people. It's not
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 08:31:32 PM »

No I talk about the children who will bitch and whine and quit the party because they don't get what they want. Not you, and not all Bernie supporters. So please stop making every damn criticism about you and Bernie people. It's not

I'm bitchin'. I'm whinin'. If there were any, any, ANY option otherwise I would have changed my registration to Independent on November 10th. If Perez wins tomorrow, my gf is likely actually going to change her registration.

It's about me. Or people close enough to my views to essentially make it about me. And we're not children. You centrists are.
Im not a centrist asshole.

So I guess the post was about you. Must be why you reacted so violently to it.  Go off. Be the child your post so clearly illustrates you are.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 03:29:48 PM »
« Edited: February 25, 2017, 03:31:47 PM by JerryArkansas »

Seems like the few usual subjects are pissed, even after the huge olive branch.  Sad.  Hope all the adults, who most of this party is made of can move forward and take on the real enemy. Good luck to the both of them.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 03:35:11 PM »

Perez just stated a goal for 57 strong state parties. LOL.
All the states and territories. What is wrong in saying that
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 03:36:13 PM »

Of f**k off it's the freaking chair. Get out an put Bernie wingers into congress in 2018
It's funny that so many non-Americans are outraged. It's not their party, it is not their fight.

I have just as much of a stake in the future of this country as you do.
Yes, but that doesn't mean your voice should be listened to in any context outside curious observations. I backed Brexit but I don't go around pissing on UKIP because of their recent infighting; it's not my place.
This. If even I and Sanchez can agree with it it.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 03:39:11 PM »

Perez just stated a goal for 57 strong state parties. LOL.
All the states and territories. What is wrong in saying that

He said the word state. And no, no one is going to make the Northern Mariana Islands or the U.S. Virgin Islands a state, sorry.
Why bitch about the grammar usage. The message is clear.  Only bitter pusses and those like you are griping about that.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2017, 03:40:29 PM »

To me this feels like the first night of the DNC all over again.

Its not because its much less important.
He just wants to piss off the Ellison supporters. Nothing more.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies