Supersoulty drops out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:09:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Supersoulty drops out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Supersoulty drops out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7701 times)
ShapeShifter

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2004, 01:49:33 PM »

When have we ran smear campaigns? Im pretty sure thats the AFDNC doing that.

Huh? when I said the Republican party, I meant some members of the republican party - not the AFDNC nor the AFRNC. It is the same over generalization some are doing with the Democratic party and Progressive.

You mean the Democratic party and their affiliated ally? Wink Cheesy

I don't think that is a fair assumption but I guess you are the exception of your own rule.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2004, 01:51:16 PM »

Let me get this straight, Don posts a clever criticism of Shifter saying the forum should be mor epositive, and Shifter denies being a negative force and promptly attacking Don.  Is this the f'ing twilight zone?

Welcome to the Desert of the Real.

Thanks JFK for the rare laugh. I am sure you hate me too because everyone is out to blame someone - I may be wrong but everyone is rallying around the scapegoat, which is me.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2004, 01:51:38 PM »

When have we ran smear campaigns? Im pretty sure thats the AFDNC doing that.

Huh? when I said the Republican party, I meant some members of the republican party - not the AFDNC nor the AFRNC. It is the same over generalization some are doing with the Democratic party and Progressive.

You mean the Democratic party and their affiliated ally? Wink Cheesy

I don't think that is a fair assumption but I guess you are the exception of your own rule.

It seems the mood here has reached the point of no jokes...well, so be it then.

I always found reversed inconsistency pretty fun. You can't attack me for being inconsistent without being inconsistent yourself on this one really...but I was joking, I think you...well, OK, I won't say it... Tongue
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2004, 01:52:34 PM »

You attacked him when you called him childish!  How do you not realize this!
ShapeShifter

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2004, 01:55:33 PM »

If you want to continue this witch hunt - go ahead.

By the way, I never said Don was childish. If you read closely because you jump into conclusion, I said his action was childish, not - Don is childish. I will quote myself again just in case.

"I won't contribute to your childish acts by saying something just as childish as your post. Trust me when I said this, I am not going to pull a SuperSoulty because people don't like me. You can continue with your childish acts and smear campaign, I can care less."
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2004, 01:58:31 PM »

By the way, I never said Don was childish. If you read closely because you jump into conclusion, I said his action was childish, not - Don is childish. I will quote myself again just in case.

"I won't contribute to your childish acts by saying something just as childish as your post. Trust me when I said this, I am not going to pull a SuperSoulty because people don't like me. You can continue with your childish acts and smear campaign, I can care less."

Eh...I thought it was childish to engage in childish acts...am I wrong?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2004, 02:00:49 PM »

I agree with Gustaf here Shifty.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2004, 02:07:14 PM »

I agree with Gustaf here Shifty.

When have you ever agreed with me? No surprise.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2004, 02:12:28 PM »

You are not wrong. It is a matter of difference in perception.

Personally, I was calling his actions and not him childish.

If I thought he was a childish person, I would had said something else directly.

I don't think Don is a childish person, I just think this particular post was. Yes it is possible to attack someone's action without attacking their character.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2004, 02:14:42 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2004, 02:17:48 PM by supersoulty »

Let me just clear some things up:

1) I'm not leaving the forum entirly.  I'm just leaving the fantasy elections.

2) When I ran for President, I never expected any powers or anything of the like.  I just wanted to have fun.  I expected to be nothing better than a "Grand Pooba" with just a title and some recongnition for my possition.  That's it.  That's what I envisioned for this entire process.

I never wanted a "Fantasy Government".  I never wanted Constitutions, or Governors, or Justices, or Senators, or Party Bosses.  I just wanted to have fun.  We aren't having that anymore.  It's not Nym's fault, it is not the Progressives fault (although they pressed for all this crap), it is everyone's fault.  We all let it come to this, because those who were for it wanted to go balls out and those who were against it (such as myself) just went with the flow so we wouldn't piss everyone off.  However, everyone is already pissed off, so that gives at least one group cause to speak-up.

So what would I do?  Well, get rid of the Party Bosses, get rid of the "Fantasy Government", get rid of the Supreme Court and for God's sake get rid of the Constitution (sorry Dan, I know you worked hard, but it has become such a damn hassel).  Stick to ELECTIONS.  Have Presidential election, we can have some Senate elections, have a basic set of election rules and have fun!  That's why we started this.  The possitions should mean NOTHING.  It should be to enjoy.  This has all taken up valuible time that we could have used debating the real issues.  It has brought people ot the forum whos only purpose is to take part in the elections and government so they can show everyone on the world-wide-web that their penis is bigger than that of the guy who they beat.

It shouldn't be this way.  Valuible members such as JR have left because this is out of control.  It's time to put an end to it and if you guys can then I will come back to have fun.

That's all.

PS  A wise man once said "They make a desert and call it peace".  I think that that idea more than applies here.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2004, 02:16:47 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2004, 02:18:22 PM by Senator John F. Kennedy »

2) When I ran for President, I never expected any powers or anything of the like.  I just wanted to have fun.  I expected to be nothing better than a "Grand Pooba" with just a title and some recongnition for my possition.  That's it.  That's what I envisioned for this entire process.

I never wanted a "Fantasy Government".  I never wanted Constitutions, or Governors, or Justices, or Senators, or Party Bosses.  I just wanted to have fun.  We aren't having that anymore.  It's not Nym's fault, it is not the Progressives fault (although they pressed for all this crap), it is everyone's fault.  We all let it come to this, because those who were for it wanted to go balls out and those who were against it (such as myself) just went with the flow so we wouldn't piss everyone off.  However, everyone is already pissed off, so that gives at least one group cause to speak-up.

So what would I do?  Well, get rid of the Party Bosses, get rid of the "Fantasy Government", get rid of the Supreme Court and for God's sake get rid of the Constitution (sorry Dan, I know you worked hard, but it has become such a damn hassel).  Stick to ELECTIONS.  Have Presidential election, we can have some Senate elections, have a basic set of election rules and have fun!  That's why we started this.  The possitions should mean NOTHING.  It should be to enjoy.  This has all taken up valuible time that we could have used debating the real issues.  It has brought people ot the forum whos only purpose is to take part in the elections and government so they can show everyone on the world-wide-web that their penis is bigger than that of the guy who they beat.

It shouldn't be this way.  Valuible members such as JR have left because this is out of control.  It's time to put an end to it and if you guys can then I will come back to have fun.

That's all.

HEAR HEAR!!!!!

p.s. get on AIM, I want to talk to you.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2004, 02:19:18 PM »

Amen Super!
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2004, 02:20:53 PM »

That's all.
Pardon me for obtruding here, but it has been implied that there should be election rules. These very rules will be a constitution, whether you call it a constitution or not.

Now, it has also been suggested that these positions should be meaningless, and that parties should not be allowed to have their own leaders. Then all will descend into a monotonous series of elections and campaigns, with nothing in between. I have not been here since the beginning of this process, so I would not know what the original intention was. Still, it seems that this process makes the entire fantasy election concept more interesting. Please note that these are only my views; they are not meant to attack yours.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2004, 02:22:33 PM »

I agree. I've been thinking this for some time, but those who are in favour of change are often very persuasive... Sad

I also feel a little sorry for all of those who put in a lot of work into details, but it's true that the idea was originally to have fun and have elections, not have anything this complicated.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2004, 02:22:47 PM »

John I encourage u too run
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2004, 02:23:26 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2004, 02:24:43 PM by John D. Ford »

This is why we wanted Super for president.  There simply is no equal to him.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2004, 02:23:35 PM »

That's all.

PS  A wise man once said "They make a desert and call it peace".  I think that that idea more than applies here.

Just for the records, I was not around when the "original" idea was form. Gus kept alluding to this, but I honestly did not understand but recently after the elections do understand.

People need to stop agreeing when they don't really agree just because they feel that disagreeing will make them look like an as-hole. Stand up for yourself.

I, for one, was looking forward to some debates but my oppontent did not even showed up. How is that my fault? How is it anyone fault who run unopposed?

That is why I keep stressing about having active members run for positions because how can we debate the issues?

Well, SuperSoulty, I enjoyed this post of yours - minus the progressive comment.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2004, 02:26:51 PM »

That's all.
Pardon me for obtruding here, but it has been implied that there should be election rules. These very rules will be a constitution, whether you call it a constitution or not.

Now, it has also been suggested that these positions should be meaningless, and that parties should not be allowed to have their own leaders. Then all will descend into a monotonous series of elections and campaigns, with nothing in between. I have not been here since the beginning of this process, so I would not know what the original intention was. Still, it seems that this process makes the entire fantasy election concept more interesting. Please note that these are only my views; they are not meant to attack yours.

I will state something that I have stated a few times before. A lot of people seem to be misinterpreting the purpose of this board. Let me just remind you of the name: The Atlas Forum fantasy elections. This was never supposed to be an all the way government sim, it was supposed to be a part-time thing for the forum members. Now it's grown to an own world and a lot of people are almost exclusively participating in this, and shutting out other forum members through excessive rules. If people want to have a full grown fantasy government, they can honestly make their own site for that. This is supposed to be a corrollary, sort of, to the forum, not an independent world.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2004, 02:35:02 PM »

I do agree with many of the sentiments that Supersoulty has put forth. I too wanted things to be a little more simplified, with more focus on the election aspect. I enjoyed the debates that we had before the first election because they focused on real issues, not on Fantasy government. Even though it was a fantasy election, it was a real debate, very similar to an actual Presidential debate in terms of questions and answers. That was fun. Bureaucracy isn't fun, at least not for me. I work in government in real life, and I put up with enough of that stuff every day. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, and I love working to help people, but I don't like red tape. In the real world, bureaucracy is necessary in order to ensure that everyone gets treated equally, and without bias. But if there is one thing that bureacuracy isn't, it's fun. That's one thing I will definitely attest to, and agree wholeheartedly with. Elections are fun, but the actual process of running and managing government (as necessary as that is) isn't fun. Since this whole Fantasy elections thing is supposed to be fun, we should try to make it as non-bureaucratic as possible (without letting it go to the point of descending into chaos).

That's just my $0.02.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2004, 02:38:37 PM »

As I said in my earliest posts opposing the Fantasy elections idea - I feared it might get out of hand and cause trouble and disharmony throughout the entire forum.  I know Super had the same thoughts, but believed that it would stop at the Presidential election and not go further.

There is nothing wrong with having a fully functioning sim and I applaud those who made the attempt.  I used to participate in a fully functioning sim and liked it... but I have experience in just how grusome it can be.  I didn't want to have that happen here.

One of the biggest problems with a sim is the highly charged partisan atmosphere, especially when real parties are involved.  It's difficult to have an election when the outcome of the election is pre-determined by the number of partisans on the respective sides.  For an election to be fun, people have to be free to vote for whom they like and agree with the most - rather than parties fielding candidates.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2004, 02:39:11 PM »

I was not here for the golden age of the Fantasy Elections. When I came in, I thought it was a Fantasy Elections/Government board. Please in the future, SPEAK UP. Disagreeing might make you unpopular but hey, who cares. Smiley Take it from me, the person everyone hates - especially ChopFl, and a few others.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2004, 02:39:28 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2004, 02:43:19 PM by John D. Ford »

I agree with Nym, this needs to relate back to reality.  Its hard to get excited about a war on trolls, for crying out loud.

A trollish curtain has descended across the continent...doesn't work.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2004, 02:41:18 PM »

I do agree with many of the sentiments that Supersoulty has put forth. I too wanted things to be a little more simplified, with more focus on the election aspect. I enjoyed the debates that we had before the first election because they focused on real issues, not on Fantasy government. Even though it was a fantasy election, it was a real debate, very similar to an actual Presidential debate in terms of questions and answers. That was fun. Bureaucracy isn't fun, at least not for me. I work in government in real life, and I put up with enough of that stuff every day. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, and I love working to help people, but I don't like red tape. In the real world, bureaucracy is necessary in order to ensure that everyone gets treated equally, and without bias. But if there is one thing that bureacuracy isn't, it's fun. That's one thing I will definitely attest to, and agree wholeheartedly with. Elections are fun, but the actual process of running and managing government (as necessary as that is) isn't fun. Since this whole Fantasy elections thing is supposed to be fun, we should try to make it as non-bureaucratic as possible (without letting it go to the point of descending into chaos).

That's just my $0.02.

Hear, hear.

This brings up another point. Back then the fantasy election ad an image of being set in real life, rather than in the context of the forum. This also added some to the fun.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2004, 02:42:29 PM »

That's just my $0.02.

Hear, hear.

This brings up another point. Back then the fantasy election ad an image of being set in real life, rather than in the context of the forum. This also added some to the fun.

Agreed and it was much easier to run campaigns Wink
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2004, 02:43:43 PM »

That's just my $0.02.

Hear, hear.

Agreed and it was much easier to run campaigns Wink

I must agree also.

Off topic, but Ford, you read Virgil eh? read any of his stuff in original latin?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies