Supersoulty drops out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:35:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Supersoulty drops out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Supersoulty drops out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7677 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2004, 02:44:18 PM »

Well thats the thing - just about any poll of any kind (including an election) seems to attract trolls.  If you want to have any kind of vote or election, you MUST be serious about getting rid of trolls.  

Politics1.com had a simple fun poll trying to guage the readership's views on the 2004 election.  It was neat until a bunch of libertarians tried to flood the poll with votes for their candidate.  So Ron had to take the poll down since it wasn't doing any good anymore if people were going to abuse it.   It's a shame that some selfish people have to ruin everyone else's fun.

The problem here is that we do not have the power to get rid of them ourselves - we have to bug Dave about it each time.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2004, 02:45:18 PM »

I was not here for the golden age of the Fantasy Elections. When I came in, I thought it was a Fantasy Elections/Government board.
I echo ShapeShifter's sentiments. If a constitution undergoes writing, one cannot but assume there is some Government involved.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2004, 02:59:14 PM »

I was not here for the golden age of the Fantasy Elections. When I came in, I thought it was a Fantasy Elections/Government board. Please in the future, SPEAK UP. Disagreeing might make you unpopular but hey, who cares. Smiley Take it from me, the person everyone hates - especially ChopFl, and a few others.

Oh, that wasn't really the reason. I was hoping that it would work out, but it didn't. And I did try to hint at it, but basically we abdicated from our responsibility...which was dum by us. Sad

But I'm awaiting the storm now, lol.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2004, 03:06:36 PM »

I was not here for the golden age of the Fantasy Elections. When I came in, I thought it was a Fantasy Elections/Government board.
I echo ShapeShifter's sentiments. If a constitution undergoes writing, one cannot but assume there is some Government involved.

I originally figured that the Constitution would be writen soley for the purpose of establishing election rules.  Those rules would then be enforced (non-partisanly) by the group.  That's it.  I never figured on powers being granted or anything like that.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2004, 03:49:53 PM »

Off topic, but Ford, you read Virgil eh? read any of his stuff in original latin?

I wouldn't say I read Virgil.  I've read the Aeneid, but not in Latin.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2004, 03:52:27 PM »

Off topic, but Ford, you read Virgil eh? read any of his stuff in original latin?

I wouldn't say I read Virgil.  I've read the Aeneid, but not in Latin.

ah, I have read Orpheus and Eurydice and Elysium in latin.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2004, 03:53:45 PM »

I'm inclined to agree with Supersoulty that there is too much bureaucracy and Constitution stuff in this forum. Heck, this place is starting to turn into the internet equivalent of the EU.

That said, others are also emanating a bit of a spoilsport attitude about all this simply because some of the humour displayed here isn't entirely to their liking. Fine, it's perfectly  understandable if black humour isn't your cup of tea. However, if you want to improve this place, it's always better to do it from within; no point in running off just because the situation isn't entirely to your liking. Besides, we need more Republicans here.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2004, 03:56:25 PM »

I originally figured that the Constitution would be writen soley for the purpose of establishing election rules.  Those rules would then be enforced (non-partisanly) by the group.  That's it.  I never figured on powers being granted or anything like that.

My impression is that the Constitution IS mostly election rules.  Isn't that what all the debates we are having are about?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2004, 04:01:33 PM »

I'm inclined to agree with Supersoulty that there is too much bureaucracy and Constitution stuff in this forum. Heck, this place is starting to turn into the internet equivalent of the EU.

That said, others are also emanating a bit of a spoilsport attitude about all this simply because some of the humour displayed here isn't entirely to their liking. Fine, it's perfectly  understandable if black humour isn't your cup of tea. However, if you want to improve this place, it's always better to do it from within; no point in running off just because the situation isn't entirely to your liking. Besides, we need more Republicans here.

What humour would that be? I know some people might have not taken the baby killing and similar campaigns all that well, lol. Wink (I thought it was kind of funny though...) But none of those peopel have left, have they?
dunn

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2004, 04:07:14 PM »

for the last couple of months we had a cabinet and we worked ob rhe constitution and the midterms. Every one did. What happend now? why this ? lets clear the atmospher, and have our fantasy corner of the WWW.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2004, 05:03:07 PM »

Though I am a new poster, I did follow the first elections of the forum from afar. I will miss you Mr. Supersoulty.
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2004, 05:53:31 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2004, 06:01:46 PM by Huckleberry Finn »

1. Here is too much bureaucracy - It takes too much time (although I have enjoyed some part of planning of constitution)

2. "Real issue" debates were interesting.

3. Dave should kill trolls! (But leave John alive)

4. Fantasy Elections is only (small) part of the Atlas Forum. Htmldon, you should stay in the REAL forum and leave Atlas stuff alone.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies