WSJ: Trump Changes Position on the ACA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:40:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  WSJ: Trump Changes Position on the ACA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: WSJ: Trump Changes Position on the ACA  (Read 3113 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2016, 09:09:08 AM »

As I said in another post, I'm enlisted military, I call a small rural Oregon town home, I own four guns, I shop at Walmart, I drive a Ford, I'm half White/half Mexican and I'm married to a Vietnamese-American. How that makes me racist or elitist is beyond me. I was also not suggesting the other Trump supporters are stupid. I think you simply misunderstood the question I was asking--whether the other 59,999,999 Trump voters were also hoping Trump would not be as extreme as he pretended to be during the campaign?

Identity politics is strong with you. You think that those things you described determines if racists or not. BTW, there are a lot of Swedes who take wife from Thailand/Philippines etc. Sad enough, they often use them like sort of sex-slaves&housekeeper, because poor women are so depended om them to get citizenship/accommodation etc Sad  Just saying. I think Gustaf is such a freak.

To answer on you question. Yes, I think that most of Trump's supporters understood, that many of his proposals would be "transform to less extreme".

OK. We get it. You are concern trolling against brown people.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2016, 07:50:51 AM »
« Edited: November 14, 2016, 10:49:13 AM by Erich Maria Remarque »

Told ya.

Obamacare - he'll only change it a bit.
Deportation - he'll double down Obama's effort.
Wall            - more resources to border control. Of course, Mexico will pay for it.
Weapon      -  he'll introduce tougher law. In some way.
Abort          -  up to states.
Gays/transgender - up to states.
Environment  - this one I am not sure Sad

Trump's gonna be a best president God ever created Smiley

ACA - his congress wants the full repeal, and he can't do it on his own
Deportation - we'll see, but nothing indicates such
Weapon - this will backfire on him if he does
Abortion - it is already law under the constitution. Neither he nor anyone else can change that.
LGBTQ - what is up to the states? Marriage is already law, and any "Religious Freedom" law will be struck down
Environment - he said "clean coal" and instructing the EPA to ease regulations; that should be enough of an indication.
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/trump-on-scotus-roe-v-wade/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2016, 08:00:43 AM »

even freaking poland was protesting on a big-scale against total shutdown of abortion rights in case of health risks.

this is going to be ...interesting.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2016, 09:56:31 AM »

Pew Research Center. Oct. 20-25, 2016. N=1,312 adults nationwide.

"Do you think abortion should be legal in all cases, legal in most cases, illegal in most cases, or illegal in all cases?"

Legal in
all cases    Legal in
most cases    Illegal in
most cases    Illegal in
all cases    Unsure/
Refused
          %    %    %    %    %

10/20-25/16
   22    36    23    14    4

4/4-15/12
   23    31    23    16    7

11/9-14/11
   20    31    26    17    6

9/22 - 10/4/11
   19    35    25    16    5

2/22 - 3/1/11
   18    36    26    16    4

7/21 - 8/5/10
   17    33    27    17    7

8/11-27/09
   16    31    27    17    8
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2016, 10:57:17 AM »

As I said in another post, I'm enlisted military, I call a small rural Oregon town home, I own four guns, I shop at Walmart, I drive a Ford, I'm half White/half Mexican and I'm married to a Vietnamese-American. How that makes me racist or elitist is beyond me. I was also not suggesting the other Trump supporters are stupid. I think you simply misunderstood the question I was asking--whether the other 59,999,999 Trump voters were also hoping Trump would not be as extreme as he pretended to be during the campaign?

Identity politics is strong with you. You think that those things you described determines if racists or not. BTW, there are a lot of Swedes who take wife from Thailand/Philippines etc. Sad enough, they often use them like sort of sex-slaves&housekeeper, because poor women are so depended om them to get citizenship/accommodation etc Sad  Just saying. I think Gustaf is such a freak.

To answer on you question. Yes, I think that most of Trump's supporters understood, that many of his proposals would be "transform to less extreme".

Eh, what the fck are you talking about, you little creep.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2016, 11:02:11 AM »

It's a relief that Trump turned out to have been playing the GOP base for fools all this time. Given his long history of lying and changing his positions, perhaps this shouldn't have been so surprising.

I mean, I have said for a while that Trump is not that conservative.

He is just a lunatic.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2016, 11:31:30 AM »

Obviously, about you. And your reaction proves I'm right Roll Eyes
Which country is your "wife" from [Thailand/Philippines/Vietnam]?

OnTopic. Of course, he'll keep it. He'll probably do it more Scandinavisch to hide "cost" but decrease price for "healthy" individuals or remove this requirement.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2016, 11:47:51 AM »

Obviously, about you. And your reaction proves I'm right Roll Eyes
Which country is your "wife" from [Thailand/Philippines/Vietnam]?

OnTopic. Of course, he'll keep it. He'll probably do it more Scandinavisch to hide "cost" but decrease price for "healthy" individuals or remove this requirement.

I don't have a wife and your suggestion that Asian women are imported sex-slaves is racist BS. It is however true that a lot of Asian women have to put up with racist creeps like you assuming they're empty-headed prostitutes or whatever.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies