NeverAgain For Governor! Stand With The South!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:32:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NeverAgain For Governor! Stand With The South!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NeverAgain For Governor! Stand With The South!  (Read 422 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 11, 2016, 08:31:38 PM »
« edited: November 13, 2016, 12:16:11 AM by Speaker NeverAgain »

NeverAgain For The South!

Experience -

• Assemblyperson of the Mideast Assembly (Aug. 2015 - Dec. 2015)
  • Speaker of the Mideast Assembly (Sep. 2015 - Dec. 2015)
  • Governor of the Mideast (Dec. 2015 - Jun. 2016)
  • Delegate to the Consitutional Committee (Nov. 2015 - Jul. 2016)
  • Member of the Southern Constutional Committee (Jun. 2016 - Aug. 2016)
  • Representative of the South to the House (Jun. 2016 - PRESENT)
  • Speaker of The House of Representatives (Sep. 2016 - PRESENT)

Hello Friends! I am here today, to first thank you for all you have given me. As I was writing this up, I got a bit tearful at what we've been able to accomplish, together. So, before I talk about what I want to achieve for the future of the great and glorious South, I want to talk about the strides we've made in the past and my experience in making this nation, and this region truly prosperous.

When I first started out in Atlasia, I had nothing but anger and contempt for the "establishment" ways of the Mideast Government, and felt I had to speak out. I spoke out for what I believed in, lost and then I ran for Assemblyman to make my voice heard. I won, and I got right to work on a bill to build up the crumbling Infrastructure and create true Mideastern Innovation. We passed it and saw incredible boost to our region.

I then ran for Governor, and served in one of the hardest moments in Atlas's history with the terrorist attacks in Dearborn which brought the nation to its knees. We pushed back, with the help of President Griffin and ridded the menace in Dearborn, and brought back dignity and respect to the Muslim-Atlasian Community. Through my work as Governor and working on drafting the country's new Constitution, I saw the pain and struggles that the people of Atlasia suffered with. I worked hard to ensure that the right's of working families were upheld in our Consitution.

Since then, I have served as a delegate to our region's Constitutional Committee which helped create the standards that we as Southerners now serve under. I soon ran for Representative, to get the voices of working families heard in Congress and stood up for their right's many times through the raising of the Minimum Wage. And I also stood for small businesses, through the drafting and passing biggest small business relief ever seen in our nation.

My story is not one to show self-aggrandizement, nor to brag about accomplishments. But it is to show, what I have done and show what my possibilities are for the people of the South. Now, I want to talk about what I WILL do for working families in our great  and illustrious region!

We must ensure the right of all Southerners to be covered by affordable and sustainable healthcare, and I will propose legislation to adequately cover the healthcare gap that is seen so drastically in our region. I will raise the Southern Minimum Wage to $11.50 an hour, and increase the tipped minimum wage for those in the fast-pased service industry. And I will propose a new jobs bill to rebuild our crumbling Southern Infrastructure and decrease the rapid growth of unemployment we see in our region.

To keep agriculture work and ensuring that it is a solid middle-class job, we will be increasing ethanol research and subsides. We will also protect those that work in coal mines by researching ways to make coal carbon neutral and ensuring coal miners and safe in their job, especially through increasing collective bargaining power. And we must revitalize our K-12 Education System with new, innovative ways of teaching our students and future leaders.

For our regional reform, I will propose an in-depth budget by January 1st, like I did nationally. I will work with our assembly for bipartisan solutions to these complex problems. And I will especially reform our Southern electoral system, so we never see again the problems and fraud that was witnessed with the recent "carpetbagging" of our electoral democracy.

These aren't complex problems, if we pull up our sleeves and work together, as brothers and sisters, as Southerners, and as Atlasians. Change is always possible, my friends. And I ask you to join me in this campaign for such change.

Thank you, and God Bless this Great Region, and this great Country of Atlasia!

(I thank you if you made it to the end of my long winded speech, I tried to bold the important parts, I will be releasing in-depth policy proposals on these issues in the coming day.)

Endorsements! (Also known as my basket of adorables ❤)
President Harry S. Truman
Representative Peebs
Senator Ascott
Representative Southern Gothic
Assemblyperson Darthebearnc
Senator Clyde1998
Fmr. Senator (President-to-be) Blair
Fmr. Senator LLR
(GM-to-be) Kalwejt
Former Gov. Spenstar
'
Detailed Policy Proposals
The Healthy Way Forward!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 08:32:51 PM »

Wonderful font. Tongue
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 08:33:16 PM »

Endorsed.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 08:34:21 PM »

ENDORSED!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 08:36:13 PM »

I changed the reading portion, as it may have been a bit unreadable (sorry folks)

Thank you, Mr. Representative!

THANK YOU, MR. PRESIDENT!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 08:44:59 PM »

Endorsed. Smiley
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 08:55:55 PM »

Endorsed! I thought you'd be great for the South then, and I think you will be now.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 10:31:08 PM »

Endorsed! I thought you'd be great for the South then, and I think you will be now.

Thank you Mr. Senator, and Ms. Representative! Together we can bring true change to the South!
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 11:17:49 PM »

Endorsed! You're exactly what the South needs as its Governor! Smiley
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 05:31:19 AM »
« Edited: November 12, 2016, 07:04:36 AM by Fmr. Senator Blair »

We need an active governor in the South; fully endorsed my friend
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 08:25:03 AM »

Just saying... you should change your campaign slogan, it sounds very negative Wink "Never again for governor!"

My endorsement carries 0 value, but you're a good dude and I hope you do the govern thing
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 08:56:39 AM »

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 11:58:36 AM »

Endorsed! You're exactly what the South needs as its Governor! Smiley

Thank you Mr. PPT (and GM), it is an honor to have your support!

We need an active governor in the South; fully endorsed my friend

Thank you Mr. President (hope)!

Just saying... you should change your campaign slogan, it sounds very negative Wink "Never again for governor!"

My endorsement carries 0 value, but you're a good dude and I hope you do the govern thing

Thank you, Mr. Sen., I look forward to your return, at some point! And my campaign slogan is meant to bring out the "glass half empty" people. But thanks for the input Wink

Thank you so much, Mr. GM-to-be! It is a privilege to have your support!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 12:21:06 PM »

And now, a poorly-edited campaign banner.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 12:32:32 PM »

Beautiful!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2016, 01:30:18 PM »

Very high-energy banner!
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 07:44:57 PM »

You have my endorsement, good sir Smiley
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 12:09:14 AM »

NeverAgain's Concession Speech

Hello Friends. First off, a big and warm thank you to every single person that was involved in this, from the bottom to the top of this campaign. And as the votes are still trickling in, it is clear to me that we have accomplished the impossible. In a region, dominated by those that are not of my political persuasion, we have promoted values of Labor and came within spitting distance of that final dream.

I have just congratulated Senator Dfwlibertylover on his victory, and he has asked that we work close together in the coming months to ensure a peaceful and prosperous region. And I hope, and trust that the Senator will make a great Governor for our great region.

And for everyone who helped us get to where we are tonight, I thank you. Because this, amazingly diverse, and creative movement would not have been possible if it hadn't been for the mother who told me about her rising healthcare costs, or the coal miner who, now is not being given his pensions due to our regional government's inaction, or the farmer who is living paycheck to paycheck, unable to feed his crops. Those are the people who spurred this campaign.

For this campaign has never been about me, or about who I am. This is about the Southern people.  It was about the region we cherish and about strengthening a Region that's focused on EVERYONE, moms and dads, gays and straights, blacks and whites, everyone.

Because the thing about this region that always amazes me is out ability to get back up when we are down, and to always keep fighting, and I know you'll do that. That's why I will keep fighting, as Speaker, and as a private citizen for your rights as I continue to Stand With The South.

So, I ask you to give the Senator your heart, as you gave it to me, to fight for the values that you hold, and that we all hold dear. And remember, to not grow cynical, and to not grow angry at what hasn't been done, but be the change for what can.

Thank you all for letting me, be your voice on this day in our democracy.

May God Bless the South, and the great Republic of Atlasia!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2016, 12:32:31 PM »

You ran an honest and hard-fought campaign and deserve to be commended for it. Loss or no loss, you remain one of the most thoughtful and conscientious public servants in Atlasia today, and I'm sure you'll continue to do great things for your region and for our country.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies