Trump will be my president
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:34:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump will be my president
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump will be my president  (Read 901 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2016, 12:42:39 PM »

At least they didn't bring guns...
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2016, 01:13:04 PM »

But, but, but, racists, fascists, alt right,  something something, angry white man, woman card, police... Sad

I don't get it.

What's your point? Are you trying to say that "conservatives" are reserved and principled individuals because they didn't protest in the streets when Obama was elected?

Donald Trump is one of the most divisive political figures in modern history. He used racially charged campaign rhetoric in order to stoke fear throughout this country. People weren't scared of Obama in the same sense that people are scared of Trump. Many hispanic families are scared of being torn apart.  Muslims are scared of being targeted because they happen to practice Islam. The LGBT community is scared of having their rights stripped away.

You might say that these fears are exaggerated and illegitimate, but people really feel this way. Donald Trump made them feel threatened, targeted, and fearful. Now it's his responsibility as President Elect of the United States to calm these fears and to begin the process of bringing people together.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2016, 02:35:03 PM »

Ignore this election and moveon to 2017-2018.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2016, 02:39:28 PM »

I haven't followed these protests much at all, so I'm not entirely sure what they mean - is it symbolic, like "this man is a disgusting pig and he doesn't represent my values?" or is it "this man lost the popular vote and shouldn't be president?" Because while I despise the idea of a party constantly winning the White House even when at least a plurality of people vote against them, the system simply was not designed to be run like that. Unless it turns out he somehow engineered voter fraud on a massive scale or GOP-led voter suppression efforts actually made the final differences, then he is the legitimate POTUS (shudders)

That being said, I will never stop opposing this freak. Some thin-skinned, sociopath sexual predator conman should have no place in our government, and while my efforts were ultimately futile this year, for the next 4 years I am going to spend a great deal of my time and money volunteering in every election I can if it means Donald and his GOP goons will have even a tiny bit less power over this country.

His election, to me anyhow, may be legitimate but it is also legitimately shameful.

I went to one protest, mostly to try to figure this out for myself. There's a good mix, with the plurality being people who accept the fact that he will be president and aren't trying to change that, but are trying to make it clear that liberal bastions like Seattle will make his life as difficult as possible, and if he wants to take away our sanctuary city status, we'll go kicking and screaming the whole way.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2016, 02:42:44 PM »

I will give the man the same respect that he and others gave President Obama.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2016, 02:45:31 PM »

I will give the man the same respect that he and others gave President Obama.
I agree. Which isn't much.Smiley
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2016, 03:04:35 PM »

Are you serious? Did you just forget what happened at Ole Miss that night, or do you prefer news sources that censored that story?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2016, 03:25:11 PM »

Are you serious? Did you just forget what happened at Ole Miss that night, or do you prefer news sources that censored that story?

Did they attack people in the streets & smash up shops ?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2016, 04:42:36 PM »

If Trump had won the popular vote amd lost.......he would Tweet something like how imbecilic the Electoral College was.

Trump would not know that word.

Donald would have fired off "rigged".
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2016, 05:37:53 PM »

The difference between rightist responses to Democratic victories (and leftist responses to previous Republican victories, for that matter!) and leftist responses to this victory is that Democrats (and previously Republicans, for that matter!) haven't elected fascists.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2016, 01:24:24 AM »
« Edited: November 16, 2016, 01:34:27 AM by Frodo »

As easy as it is for liberals and Democrats to deplore Donald Trump for his treatment of women and his links to white supremacists, we need to clean our own house first.  It's an open secret that Bernie Bros are just as racist and misogynistic as Trump's supporters, though they try to hide their bigotry by cloaking it (very thinly) through deploring 'identity politics' whenever someone who isn't a white male (aka, Bernie Sanders) is suggested for the 2020 nomination.

Though perhaps that's too harsh -I'll call them blatant hypocrites, instead, with a double standard that anyone with eyes can see straight through.

bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2016, 01:43:06 AM »

As easy as it is for liberals and Democrats to deplore Donald Trump for his treatment of women and his links to white supremacists, we need to clean our own house first.  It's an open secret that Bernie Bros are just as racist and misogynistic as Trump's supporters, though they try to hide their bigotry by cloaking it (very thinly) through deploring 'identity politics' whenever someone who isn't a white male (aka, Bernie Sanders) is suggested for the 2020 nomination.

Though perhaps that's too harsh -I'll call them blatant hypocrites, instead, with a double standard that anyone with eyes can see straight through.

You're trolling right? Roll Eyes

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2016, 07:22:57 AM »

As easy as it is for liberals and Democrats to deplore Donald Trump for his treatment of women and his links to white supremacists, we need to clean our own house first.  It's an open secret that Bernie Bros are just as racist and misogynistic as Trump's supporters, though they try to hide their bigotry by cloaking it (very thinly) through deploring 'identity politics' whenever someone who isn't a white male (aka, Bernie Sanders) is suggested for the 2020 nomination.

it's an open secret that the bulk of the reddit sanderistas shifted to trump (or were even trump supporters to begin with)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2016, 08:48:41 AM »

Jesus Christ liberals are terrible.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2016, 08:50:20 AM »

He wasn't democratically elected, so while he will certainly be President de facto certainly not President de jure.

He was elected in accordance with the constitution. I disagree with the system, but if anything his accession was legitimate.

Start dealing with reality, folks.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2016, 08:53:57 AM »

he is your president, even if you disavow him.

helping reluctant conservatives finding reasons to like trump for driving liberals crazy isn't useful.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2016, 09:56:47 AM »

I will say that I'd strongly prefer to see President Donald Trump instead of President Ted Cruz.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies