2020 Gubernational elections: Who is running megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:17:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2020 Gubernational elections: Who is running megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Gubernational elections: Who is running megathread  (Read 151223 times)
FairBol
United States

« on: March 27, 2017, 08:20:50 PM »

Oh Jesus, another Kennedy? No thank you! Sad
FairBol
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 02:38:06 PM »

Sounds like a lot of people are lining up under the expectation that Malloy is on the outs

He probably is, thank God.  Still anybody's guess as to whether he will run for a third term, but....the man is EXTREMELY unpopular right now. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 11:26:38 AM »

Great news! This has been kind of an open secret for a while, but it's good that other Democrats are now free to explore runs more openly.

Saw this yesterday.  Step one of "the Connecticut Comeback" is complete....I feel like celebrating!! On to Step 2! Smiley
FairBol
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 05:05:37 PM »

As has been discussed here before, Governor Dan Malloy of CT will not be running for a third term.  To which I say, hallelujah....Connecticut is in an awful mess due to Democrats controlling Hartford for so long.  It's clearly time for a change.  Oh, and if the GOP doesn't win this gubernatorial race....I may seriously consider moving to Florida or Texas.  Things are ultra-screwed up right now.  Sad
FairBol
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 05:10:20 PM »

Things are ultra-screwed up right now.  Sad

As evidence, I submit the following.  Currently, CT has a 500 million dollar budget deficit.  Connecticut's second largest city, Hartford, is on the verge of bankruptcy (I'm told litigation is pending at the moment), and even Governor Malloy has said that "taxing the rich isn't working".  However....Democrats in Hartford want to raise taxes, and levy new ones (like a one cent per ounce tax on "sugary drinks").  It makes me question their sanity....just saying.  Sad
FairBol
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 03:33:48 PM »

On the down-low....

....I have it from a reliable source that CT State Senator Tony Hwang (R) WILL NOT be running for governor next year, preferring to focus on a run for federal office (possibly Congress). 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 08:21:41 PM »

Ted Kennedy Jr. just said he will not be running for CT Governor in 2018.  Smiley
FairBol
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 08:25:43 PM »

With the 2017 election over, it's time to look to the 2018 governor's race in CT.  This is the list of who I hear will be running. 

Democrats:

Dan Drew, Mayor of Middletown, CT
Jacey Wyatt, businesswoman
Joe Ganim, Mayor of Bridgeport, CT (still unconfirmed; he was trying to get public financing, but because Ganim's a former felon, state ruled he can't get it)
Susan Bysiewicz, former CT Secretary of the State (potential; I don't think she's going to run)

On the Democratic side, Lt. Governor Nancy Wyman has declined to run, as have US Congressmen Jim Himes and Joe Courtney.  US Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty will not be running either.  State AG George Jepsen, Ted Kennedy Jr., and State Comptroller Kevin Lembo have also declined to run. 

Republicans:

Tim Herbst, former First Selectman of Trumbull, CT
David Walker, former US Comptroller General
Mike Handler, Director of Administration in Stamford, CT
Mike Lauretti, Mayor of Shelton, CT
Joe Visconti, former councilman of West Hartford, CT (and perennial Independent candidate)
Peter Lumaj, Mayor of Greenwich, CT (potential; probably won't, as he just won re-election)
John McKinney, former State Senate Minority Leader
Tony Hwang, State Representative (potential; my sources tell me he is looking at running for Congress, and so won't run for governor)
Erin Stewart, Mayor of New Britain, CT (potential)
Four more minor candidates

As far as Republicans are concerned, State Senate Republican President Pro Tempore Len Fasano has declined to run, as has former State Senator Rob Kane.  State Senator Joe Markley will be running for Lt. Governor, and thus has also declined to run. 

As you can see, the race is wide open right now. 

FairBol
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 10:27:53 PM »

Yeah, Wyatt is one of those "perennial candidate" women.  :: shrugs ::
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies