People first, God second. Should people put themselves above God?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:27:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  People first, God second. Should people put themselves above God?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: People first, God second. Should people put themselves above God?  (Read 5211 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2016, 03:24:04 PM »

1. There aren't as many Biblical literalists as you assume. This is the biggest reason.

2. God is God, to completely understand God is beyond the limits of human understanding.

3. Literalists make the case that God isn't human, he gives life and can take it, all life belongs to God and murder/suicide are only wrong because it's humans taking what is God's, and God is simply bringing them to the afterlife with God. Not saying this is my position, but it is one.
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2016, 07:07:14 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

All who believe in the God of the bible and or Jesus have to read the bible literally to some extent.

That includes all who claim to believe in Christianity's God.

God, is a human construct.

If there is a self created God or supernatural God, then of course we would not likely be able to think as he would.

That is why I say that all preachers, priests and imams are liars as they lie to their sheeple on an ongoing basis.

If all life belongs to a supernatural God, then he should not kill us all over the bible and should instead be serving man and not expecting man to serve his vile and immoral ass.

Regards
DL
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2016, 07:09:34 PM »

For crying out loud, give it a rest.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2016, 08:32:59 PM »

Relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d4FHHf00pY

(at 4:10 specifically)

Just because sinful man may not like the actions of a holy God does not negate the fact that he is worthy of all our honor, glory, and praise.  We owe a debt to him, not the other way around.  We sinned and committed high treason against God, and it is only through the blood of Jesus Christ that we can be saved.
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2016, 10:25:33 AM »

Relevant:

Just because sinful man may not like the actions of a holy God does not negate the fact that he is worthy of all our honor, glory, and praise.  We owe a debt to him, not the other way around.  We sinned and committed high treason against God, and it is only through the blood of Jesus Christ that we can be saved.

Have you ever even looked at the moral implication of your barbaric belief?

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

As Ingersoll said; 'no man would be fit for heaven who would consent that an innocent person should suffer for his sin.'

This Bishop and I agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNup9gEBdg&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs

Regards
DL
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2016, 12:00:34 PM »

Relevant:

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

As Ingersoll said; 'no man would be fit for heaven who would consent that an innocent person should suffer for his sin.'

This Bishop and I agree.

Regards
DL

Immoral on what standard?  God wants you to accept Jesus's sacrifice on the cross as a propitiation for your sins.  He's already paid the price, and now the responsibility/decision is on us. Truth be told, we don't deserve grace, but we get it anyway.  That's not immoral - it's just a great gift from a loving God.                                                                                                                                                             
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2016, 04:55:44 PM »

Relevant:

Just because sinful man may not like the actions of a holy God does not negate the fact that he is worthy of all our honor, glory, and praise.  We owe a debt to him, not the other way around.  We sinned and committed high treason against God, and it is only through the blood of Jesus Christ that we can be saved.

This Bishop and I agree.

Regards
DL

Immoral on what standard?  God wants you to accept Jesus's sacrifice on the cross as a propitiation for your sins.  He's already paid the price, and now the responsibility/decision is on us. Truth be told, we don't deserve grace, but we get it anyway.  That's not immoral - it's just a great gift from a loving God.                                                                                                                                                              

You are morally sick. All are who think it is moral to put their burden onto an innocent man instead of stepping up to our their own responsibility.

Jesus said to pick up our crosses/burdens and follow him. He did not say that you should take your cross and adds it and yourself to his burden.

But go ahead and sell your soul to Satan while foolishly thinking that that will get you into heaven.

Ignore what Bishop Spong tried to reach you.

Regards
DL  
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2016, 06:30:38 PM »

Relevant:

Just because sinful man may not like the actions of a holy God does not negate the fact that he is worthy of all our honor, glory, and praise.  We owe a debt to him, not the other way around.  We sinned and committed high treason against God, and it is only through the blood of Jesus Christ that we can be saved.

This Bishop and I agree.

Regards
DL

Immoral on what standard?  God wants you to accept Jesus's sacrifice on the cross as a propitiation for your sins.  He's already paid the price, and now the responsibility/decision is on us. Truth be told, we don't deserve grace, but we get it anyway.  That's not immoral - it's just a great gift from a loving God.                                                                                                                                                              

You are morally sick. All are who think it is moral to put their burden onto an innocent man instead of stepping up to our their own responsibility.

Jesus said to pick up our crosses/burdens and follow him. He did not say that you should take your cross and adds it and yourself to his burden.

But go ahead and sell your soul to Satan while foolishly thinking that that will get you into heaven.

Regards
DL  

Bishop Spong is an unregenerate heretic who is not a Christian in any conceivable meaning of the term.  And why on Earth would I want to face the music for my sin? Even one sin is too many for a holy God, which is why someone else must take the punishment for us so that we may live.

And quit confusing sanctification with justification.  We are justified by faith in Christ and picking up the cross daily refers to the ongoing sanctification of a regenerate Christian.
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2016, 08:37:36 PM »

Relevant:

This Bishop and I agree.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL  

Bishop Spong is an unregenerate heretic who is not a Christian in any conceivable meaning of the term.  And why on Earth would I want to face the music for my sin? Even one sin is too many for a holy God, which is why someone else must take the punishment for us so that we may live.

And quit confusing sanctification with justification.  We are justified by faith in Christ and picking up the cross daily refers to the ongoing sanctification of a regenerate Christian.

Take your satanic morals to hell with you when you die.

Regards
DL

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2016, 12:01:17 AM »

Are you talking to DL, those conversing with him, or both?

I'll admit to being guilty of doing so earlier in this thread. However, he's proven so predictable in what he'll say that he doesn't interest me, especially since the hyperliteralist teaching he keeps plugging away at isn't where I am and when I tried to engage him with where I am religiously, he just kept flogging his dead horse. It is a shame he's apparently afraid to discuss religion outside his limited monomaniacal focus. We could always use more people here who can discuss religion intelligently, but his one-note braying is irritating rather than intelligent.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2016, 01:11:11 AM »

Mostly just him.
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2016, 09:58:43 AM »

I'll admit to being guilty of doing so earlier in this thread. However, he's proven so predictable in what he'll say that he doesn't interest me, especially since the hyperliteralist teaching he keeps plugging away at isn't where I am and when I tried to engage him with where I am religiously, he just kept flogging his dead horse. It is a shame he's apparently afraid to discuss religion outside his limited monomaniacal focus. We could always use more people here who can discuss religion intelligently, but his one-note braying is irritating rather than intelligent.

Note that I bray against immoral thinking by those who would put their responsibility for their own sin on an innocent victim.

I think that morality is what a religion should be based on and dislike it when others ignore morality for a salvific God who shows poor morals.

Away from that issue I am happy to and do discus other aspects of religion.

What's on your mind.

Regards
DL

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2016, 01:34:52 PM »

Then prove it and we might have something to discuss.
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2016, 02:45:17 PM »

Then prove it and we might have something to discuss.

Which aspect would you like me to comment on?

You might have noted that the O.P. was not written to discuss substitutionary atonement and has other issues already on the table.

Regards
DL
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies