RI's 2016 Precinct Map Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:14:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Dereich)
  RI's 2016 Precinct Map Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: RI's 2016 Precinct Map Thread  (Read 60543 times)
twinpines
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2017, 01:42:55 AM »

Interesting that Trump still won precincts down near the mexico border in south Texas.
twinpines
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2017, 02:15:41 AM »

Was going through your maps. You do great work. However there is a mistake on the IL county map. In Kankakee county, IL; Pembroke township voted 91% clinton yet you have the area shown as Trump supporting.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2017, 10:30:03 AM »

Was going through your maps. You do great work. However there is a mistake on the IL county map. In Kankakee county, IL; Pembroke township voted 91% clinton yet you have the area shown as Trump supporting.

I was aware of that but thought it might have been a data error; however, looking at the demographics of the township, I'll change it back.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2017, 11:19:17 AM »

It'd be really interesting to see metro areas circled/outlined on these.  It's easy to just see a glob of red and assume that's the metro, but I'd wager the outer suburbs of most metros are solidly blue.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2017, 11:22:11 AM »

It'd be really interesting to see metro areas circled/outlined on these.  It's easy to just see a glob of red and assume that's the metro, but I'd wager the outer suburbs of most metros are solidly blue.

Do you mean city boundaries? Metros areas are just county aggregations. I could probably do city boundaries for a state or two by request, but I'm not going to do it generally as I feel it makes things more cluttered.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2017, 01:09:03 PM »

It'd be really interesting to see metro areas circled/outlined on these.  It's easy to just see a glob of red and assume that's the metro, but I'd wager the outer suburbs of most metros are solidly blue.

Do you mean city boundaries? Metros areas are just county aggregations. I could probably do city boundaries for a state or two by request, but I'm not going to do it generally as I feel it makes things more cluttered.

I wasn't requesting, just thinking "out loud," haha.  But I meant within the counties, I guess (like the yellow areas on a road map).
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2017, 01:56:52 PM »

Michigan:
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2017, 04:41:26 PM »

Is it possible that there's a better looking Virginia map in the works? The one you have on page 1 is pretty small and the lines are quite dark. If not that's fine!
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2017, 11:19:21 PM »

Is it possible that there's a better looking Virginia map in the works? The one you have on page 1 is pretty small and the lines are quite dark. If not that's fine!

Here:

Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2017, 11:47:08 PM »

I'm pretty sure there's a mistake on the Massachusetts map. Otis voted for Clinton, not Trump.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2017, 12:20:39 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2017, 12:24:19 PM by m&m »

Thx RI! Your 2012 Virginia map btw has a broken link.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2017, 03:23:15 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2017, 07:32:30 PM by realisticidealist »

I'm pretty sure there's a mistake on the Massachusetts map. Otis voted for Clinton, not Trump.

Thanks. It looks like I mixed up about five precincts in the O/P area.

EDIT: Here's the fixed version:

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2017, 09:41:47 PM »

By request, here's the MA swing map:
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2017, 11:31:41 PM »

Hey--- RI if you're taking request for swing maps mind running the Oregon '12 to '16 Presidential swing map?

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2017, 11:47:25 PM »

Hey--- RI if you're taking request for swing maps mind running the Oregon '12 to '16 Presidential swing map?

It's not exact, but here you go:

mianfei
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2017, 12:52:31 AM »

Those are two I would really want, more than any other state outside the West along with Vermont. Even earlier election precinct maps for those state do not seem very good.
Are the Democratic precincts in Siskiyou and Inyo Counties Native American? That's the most obvious explanation, but they do not look Democratic enough to obviously be that, and I do not know of any Native reservations in those counties (Siskiyou last voted Democratic in 1992; Inyo has not done so since 1964).

I assume Democratic precincts in eastern Mariposa and Tuolumne Counties are associated with public service workers in Yosemite, who would be severely affected by major climatic changes or even Republican government cuts?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2017, 03:21:25 AM »

Dem precincts in Siskiyou are Mt Shasta and Dunsmuir, and Weed....

The map makes it look crazier because of the smaller rural areas, where Clinton was effectively slaughtered.... Not too much of a Native American pop, unless possibly that precinct on the Western part of the county bordering Del Norte/Humboldt.... could just as easily be an White counterculture precinct in the hills of the Coast Range, or a mix of both....

I'll let others speak to Inyo and the Sierra Mountain counties....
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2017, 05:41:52 PM »

Hey I know you mentioned Indiana would be hard to complete but that you were working on it, any chance you could post what you have? As always, thank you for all the work you put into this thread.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2017, 07:40:08 PM »

Hey I know you mentioned Indiana would be hard to complete but that you were working on it, any chance you could post what you have? As always, thank you for all the work you put into this thread.

I'm very close to finishing Indiana, but not there yet. Only two counties left.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2017, 10:17:03 AM »

New Jersey

NJ Swing
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2017, 10:20:21 AM »

Interesting that the giant Dem swing in the middle of NJ seems to have actually stayed (barely) Republican.
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2017, 10:51:15 AM »

Interesting that the giant Dem swing in the middle of NJ seems to have actually stayed (barely) Republican.

Well that area is historically some of the most Republican turf in the state, being chock full of wealthy suburbanities and NYC commuters, but that also made it prime territory for big Clinton swings. The Chathams. Madison, Mountain Lakes, Morris Plains, Randolph, and Morris Twp in Morris County all swung from Romney to Clinton (the Chathams were both more than 60% Romney!) The 11th congressional district (most of Morris County) went for Trump by less than a point compared to Romney's 5 point margin, and the 25th legislative district (the southern part of the county) actually went for Clinton by about 220 votes. I have a feeling this won't last once "normal" circumstances return, but if the realignment continues and is permanent this could be fertile ground for Dems going forward...
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2017, 04:58:54 PM »

Is there any chance at a Kansas swing map?
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2017, 08:05:13 PM »

Interesting that massive swing toward the Republicans in southern Bristol County. I always figured that area to be staunchly democratic especially in Fall River and New Bedford. Also the big swing to the Democrats in Northern Bristol. Cant help but notice my old hometown of Braintree having crazy swings both ways, toward the Republicans in the Hayward Street area in the north of town, and to the Dems on the West and in the Highlands (south)
Hydera

« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2017, 10:05:04 PM »

Interesting that massive swing toward the Republicans in southern Bristol County. I always figured that area to be staunchly democratic especially in Fall River and New Bedford. Also the big swing to the Democrats in Northern Bristol. Cant help but notice my old hometown of Braintree having crazy swings both ways, toward the Republicans in the Hayward Street area in the north of town, and to the Dems on the West and in the Highlands (south)

Portuguese Americans were a bit late to follow Italian americans in swinging to the GOP. Trump managed to make many of them switch from lean democrat to lean republican in 2016.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies