RI's 2016 Precinct Map Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:10:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Dereich)
  RI's 2016 Precinct Map Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Author Topic: RI's 2016 Precinct Map Thread  (Read 60873 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2016, 04:11:22 PM »

Putting in requests for Massachusetts and New York.

If past practice is any indication, Nassau County, New York won't release their official precinct level results until next year.  They always seem to be the last jurisdiction in the country to report official precinct level results.  In other words, don't expect a New York state precinct map any time soon.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2016, 07:27:53 PM »

Is it possible to request Florida?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2016, 07:49:06 PM »

I will get to as many states as possible, but I can only do them as I can get the data. Most states haven't released anything yet.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2016, 09:58:15 PM »

Washington (yellow = Johnson, purple = write-ins)

So those little slivers of red I see in SW WA appear to be some solid numbers in the city of Vancouver, a core in Longview WA, and maybe a few precincts stretching out along the Long Beach peninsula?

Can't zoom in on the map, that's what my naked eyes appear to see... Smiley
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2016, 10:13:35 AM »

I'm not very knowledgeable about WA, so two questions:

1) What is the geographic framework of the Seattle metro?  Are any of its outer suburbs Republican still or maybe a few inner precincts that are super White and wealthy or something?

2) What kind of folks/developments exist on those islands?  Are they "rural," or are they kind of a happenin' spot to live?

Thanks!
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2016, 12:32:35 PM »

Ohio:
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2016, 09:11:57 PM »

1) What is the geographic framework of the Seattle metro?  Are any of its outer suburbs Republican still or maybe a few inner precincts that are super White and wealthy or something?

2) What kind of folks/developments exist on those islands?  Are they "rural," or are they kind of a happenin' spot to live?

Thanks!

1) Overall the Seattle Metro swung quite strongly to Clinton especially in more inner / Eastside suburbs of King County. Traditionally the areas directly east of Seattle are lightly Republican or mixed, and as you see in the map it is heavily Democratic stretching out to the Cascades... In particular, the small, super-wealthy towns directly across from Seattle to the East - Medina, Hunts Point, Clyde Hill, Yarrow Point - voted for Clinton which might be a first...
However more working class (although not necessarily less diverse) suburbs to the Southeast and in Pierce County may have actually voted more for Trump although I would need to see a direct comparison. These areas have leaned Republican previously but occasionally present winnable races for Democrats locally. Not sure how that will look in the future. But nevertheless the swing in King County in wealthier areas was enough to offset these swings in SE suburbs.

2) The islands are definitely quite hippie and not heavily populated. Generally quite wealthy too these days with pretty high costs of living. Generally the only Republican area is the north part of Whidbey Island home to the Military Base.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2016, 09:55:00 PM »

Thanks!

1) Overall the Seattle Metro swung quite strongly to Clinton especially in more inner / Eastside suburbs of King County. Traditionally the areas directly east of Seattle are lightly Republican or mixed, and as you see in the map it is heavily Democratic stretching out to the Cascades... In particular, the small, super-wealthy towns directly across from Seattle to the East - Medina, Hunts Point, Clyde Hill, Yarrow Point - voted for Clinton which might be a first...
However more working class (although not necessarily less diverse) suburbs to the Southeast and in Pierce County may have actually voted more for Trump although I would need to see a direct comparison. These areas have leaned Republican previously but occasionally present winnable races for Democrats locally. Not sure how that will look in the future. But nevertheless the swing in King County in wealthier areas was enough to offset these swings in SE suburbs.

2) The islands are definitely quite hippie and not heavily populated. Generally quite wealthy too these days with pretty high costs of living. Generally the only Republican area is the north part of Whidbey Island home to the Military Base.

I posted the swing map here. The strongest swings to Clinton were in a ring about Lake Sammamish plus Medina/Yarrow Point and Mercer Island, which are of course pretty wealthy areas.

I don't think "hippie" is the word I'd use to describe all the islands. Vashon and some of the San Juans (esp. Waldon) are that way, but north Whidbey and Camano certainly are not.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2016, 02:34:29 PM »

Iowa:
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2016, 12:42:19 PM »

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2016, 12:57:59 PM »

AMAZING maps!  I can at least give my Johnson County, IA (current residence) notes:

- The dark red in the center-right of the county is downtown Iowa City and the east side of town (generally older, lower income relative to the west side).  Staunchly Democratic, true Yellow Dogs
- The area just to the lower left is the west side of Iowa City, which is normally more Republican (thought still Democratic), and it is the same shade as the areas to the northwest - Coralville and North Liberty - two towns of about 20,000+ each that are indistinguishable from Iowa City (as in, the population never stops, they're all connected)
- The northern strip of the county that is blue is mostly wildlife area/part of a state park, and the only people who live out there are wealthy retirees who live in the woods or on Lake McBride
- The west strip of blue is mostly working class, classically rural small towns ... prime Trump pickup territory
- The top right that went blue is mostly rural
- The bottom right strip that is blue is mostly farmland but includes the small town of Lone Tree, which has experienced explosive growth since 2000 and is relatively affluent

Pretty much, Iowa City is like the Solid South.  You're a Democrat, or you don't really talk about politics.  The populated areas are almost unanimously Democratic (minus a few of the richer elementary school districts, which is how the precincts are broken up a lot of the time, which tend to be about 50/50), and the Republican strength in the area comes from a few outnumbered affluent families living in the more populated areas, the even more outnumbered small towns and the even MORE outnumbered rich people who moved out to live by the lake, haha.
Lord_Gulgoth
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2016, 08:32:14 PM »

Any chance of a CT precinct map?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2016, 08:54:31 PM »

I'll see what I can do.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2016, 08:57:23 PM »

Also, what about certain counties in Kentucky such as Campbell that aren't broken down by precinct? I can't possibly imagine Trump winning, say, Newport, but with our broken voting machines, you just never know.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2016, 09:56:19 PM »

Also, what about certain counties in Kentucky such as Campbell that aren't broken down by precinct? I can't possibly imagine Trump winning, say, Newport, but with our broken voting machines, you just never know.

AFAIK, Campbell County never bothered to release precinct results this time.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2016, 04:01:39 PM »

Connecticut:

Kansas:
Lothal1
Rookie
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2016, 05:01:48 PM »

What is up with that one precinct in northwest Kansas that went for Clinton?
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2016, 05:14:27 PM »

Could I request Massachusetts?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2016, 05:23:46 PM »

I will map MA when they get around to releasing precinct results.

What is up with that one precinct in northwest Kansas that went for Clinton?

That's Nicodemus, KS. According to Wikipedia:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

As of the 2015 ACS, Nicodemus Township was still 62% Black.
Lord_Gulgoth
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2016, 05:55:22 PM »

Thank you, much appreciated.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2016, 02:55:27 PM »

Wisconsin, post-recount:
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2016, 03:00:44 PM »

The fact that there is that much red in the WOW counties is pretty crazy. I think Obama in his two elections only won a couple wards in central Waukesha in 08 and got shut out in 12.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2016, 12:59:30 AM »

My suspicions Trump would clean up in largely working class south Columbus appear correct.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2016, 11:58:20 AM »

Tennessee:
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States