Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2014, 01:24:46 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  NixonNow Poll.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: What do you think should be done about Assad?
Keep him banned   -40 (52.6%)
Unban him   -21 (27.6%)
Unban him and implement a ZTP for him   -7 (9.2%)
I don’t care.   -8 (10.5%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: NixonNow Poll.  (Read 5566 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2005, 06:50:29 pm »
Ignore

If he does unban ASSad then Dave pretty much loses all credibility as far as disciplining outrageous and harmful behavior.
If ASSad can get away with it then anyone can.

Your post will be very helpful to the unban NixonNow movement. Thank you.  Smiley

Phil, why is it so important to you to unban him?  Why are you willing to risk yourself and your reputation and your account on his fragile state?

there's no ghosts in the graveyard, that's not where they live
they live in between a, 'what is' and 'what if?'
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2005, 07:16:20 pm »
Ignore

KeystonePhil and KillerPollo: If you want to debate the post of someone’s here, I’d rather you re-post the quote into the “Unban NixonNow” thread, as this thread is only for voting.

I hope you don't mind me stealing your signature.

Not at all, spread the word!

See all those words right above the divider right there?  Don't listen to them, they are the babblings of a moron.
A18
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2005, 07:17:56 pm »
Ignore

Go back to fantasy land.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2005, 07:37:53 pm »
Ignore

Option 1 -I was apathetic and noncommittal about keeping NixonNow banned until I heard that he bullied John by prank-calling him just because he was mentally retarded.  That is exactly the type of character this forum does not need.

And we don't need members who attack other members either. Now we're going to pick and choose what we find acceptable behavior off the forum?

Another thing, we don't know if NixonNow prank called because John was retarded. John put his number on the forum. NixonNow (and Boss Tweed) called. I love how everyone could get a kick out of John but once NixonNow calls, his actions are somehow worse than what many people said/did to John on the forum.
John wasn't mentally retarted.  He was probably just like a normal 12 year old kid. 
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2005, 10:25:09 pm »
Ignore

If he does unban ASSad then Dave pretty much loses all credibility as far as disciplining outrageous and harmful behavior.

Your post will be very helpful to the unban NixonNow movement. Thank you.  Smiley

Phil, why is it so important to you to unban him?  Why are you willing to risk yourself and your reputation and your account on his fragile state?

I'm not risking my account on this. I can't be banned for supporting the unbanning of NixonNow.

Anyway, this is important because NixonNow is a friend and I know that he can contribute a lot here. He has great knowledge of NJ politics especially and in a year when New Jerseyeans head to the polls, his insight is very valuable.

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
KillerPollo
YaBB God
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2005, 11:02:37 pm »
Ignore

I'm not risking my account on this. I can't be banned for supporting the unbanning of NixonNow.

Anyway, this is important because NixonNow is a friend and I know that he can contribute a lot here. He has great knowledge of NJ politics especially and in a year when New Jerseyeans head to the polls, his insight is very valuable.
He's right ^^^

@ TexasGurl: How would YOU like it if YOU were banned! you WOULD like to be unbanned, would you?

"Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society."
-Rush Limbaugh-
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2005, 11:37:43 am »
Ignore

I believe at one point you said that you would leave if NixonNow acted up again, that's what I seem to remember.   I'll try to dig it up.

© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2005, 11:46:22 am »
Ignore

Okay, what I found is that you said you'll "take the blame" if NixonNow acts up again.  If you're going to bring us "keep assad banned" people to the negotiation table to get our support, you're going to have to risk your account on NixonNow's mental stability.

And that's just the start.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2005, 12:38:45 pm »
Ignore

Okay, what I found is that you said you'll "take the blame" if NixonNow acts up again.  If you're going to bring us "keep assad banned" people to the negotiation table to get our support, you're going to have to risk your account on NixonNow's mental stability.

I don't need to bring you to the negotiation table. I negotiated with Dave. I don't need to put my account on the line for you nor anyone else. I wouldn't risk my account on even the most well liked, intelligent members who have been stable in the past. Anyone can start up again. You're not going to get me to leave if NixonNow starts.

And I love how that's just the start, in your proposal. Would you like me to turn myself into the police if NixonNow trolls, too, Tweed? You know, you're only making yourself look bad with outrageous proposals.

RomneyGekko Situation Hairgel
Flyers2004
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.87

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2005, 12:57:33 pm »
Ignore

Unban with ZTP.

DOUCHEBAGGERY AT ITS FINEST!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2005, 01:18:50 pm »
Ignore

I don't need to bring you to the negotiation table. I negotiated with Dave. I don't need to put my account on the line for you nor anyone else. I wouldn't risk my account on even the most well liked, intelligent members who have been stable in the past. Anyone can start up again. You're not going to get me to leave if NixonNow starts.

And I love how that's just the start, in your proposal. Would you like me to turn myself into the police if NixonNow trolls, too, Tweed? You know, you're only making yourself look bad with outrageous proposals.

No, you don't need us to negotiate with Dave.  But it looks better if you go to him being able to say 'we have the whole forum behind us under these conditions..."

As it is now, you have probably 40% behind you and that isn't a big enough number for Dave to want to let him come back.  I doubt he wants to make 30 people mad and 15 happy.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2005, 01:26:25 pm »
Ignore

As it is now, you have probably 40% behind you and that isn't a big enough number for Dave to want to let him come back.  I doubt he wants to make 30 people mad and 15 happy.

That's not big enough for Dave? Excuse me, who talked to him again? Was that me or you, Tweed?

Dave said he was considering it and needed to talk to NixonNow. I am sure everything will go fine with Dave and NixonNow when they talk. On this issue, NixonNow has handled himself very well.

© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2005, 01:27:49 pm »
Ignore

Unless you get more people I severely doubt he will bring him back.  No, there is no 'rule' saying you need a majority, as it is ultimately Dave's decision.  But now there is little incentive for him to do it unless you can get more people.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2005, 01:29:37 pm »
Ignore

Unless you get more people I severely doubt he will bring him back.  No, there is no 'rule' saying you need a majority, as it is ultimately Dave's decision.  But now there is little incentive for him to do it unless you can get more people.

If Dave can see the good points of just one poster concerning this issue, I think that would be enough.

© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2005, 03:10:47 pm »
Ignore

If Dave can see the good points of just one poster concerning this issue, I think that would be enough.

Good luck with your endeavor.  You're a hard-working man and I know you'll fight to the end. 

Jake
dubya2004
YaBB God
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2005, 03:15:38 pm »
Ignore

John was actually 21, and based on the phone call recordings, he was certainly sufficiently slow of speech to convince me he was autistic or in some other way retarded.

I'd be interested in hearing those recordings if someone would post them.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2005, 03:26:43 pm »
Ignore

Phil, Tweed, please take this into the “Unban NixonNow” thread.

See all those words right above the divider right there?  Don't listen to them, they are the babblings of a moron.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2005, 03:42:39 pm »
Ignore

If people are debating what should be done about NixonNow, why can't it be discussed here?

TexasGurl
texasgurl24
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: -9.57, S: -7.91

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2005, 03:42:54 pm »
Ignore

He's right ^^^

@ TexasGurl: How would YOU like it if YOU were banned! you WOULD like to be unbanned, would you?
What the hell are you talking about?
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2005, 03:47:10 pm »
Ignore

Just ignore him

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2005, 03:58:34 pm »
Ignore

If people are debating what should be done about NixonNow, why can't it be discussed here?

1) Because I said this in my very first post:

Everyone, please, just vote, the “Unban NixonNow” thread is for the arguments, this will just be a poll.

2) Because you could easily put Tweed’s quote into the “Unban NixonNow” thread and not upset me.

3) Because I'm a fascist.

Platypus
hughento
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2005, 04:08:35 pm »
Ignore

Just ignore him

I think that's the way we're all going to have to go.

Hitchabrut
republicanjew18
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2005, 03:28:12 pm »
Ignore

Brace yourselves for me.

Economic Left/Right: 7.05
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67
Pages: 1 [2] Print