Hillary comes out all guns blazing at Bush.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:52:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hillary comes out all guns blazing at Bush.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hillary comes out all guns blazing at Bush.  (Read 1779 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2005, 09:44:39 AM »

Hillary Clinton will now have the pleasure of being played on foxnews one hour every day for the next week and be discussed on talk radio. I'm saw they will find the one line that they can edit out, spin it and then attack it. And yes for all you Republicans Sean Hannity will add Hillary to his speech before asking a question that is interrupted two seconds later..

So heres what she said

"I sometimes feel that Alfred E. Neuman is in charge in Washington," Clinton said referring to the freckle-faced Mad magazine character. She drew a laugh from crowd when she described Bush's attitude toward tough issues with Neuman's catchphrase: "What, me worry?"

Clinton, who was speaking during the inaugural Aspen Ideas Festival, organized by the Aspen Institute nonpartisan think tank, didn't mention the presidential election in 2008.

She said the United States should remain in Iraq until peace can be maintained by the Iraqi people, saying the mission was part of the "long struggle against terrorism" by the U.S.

"The threat of terrorism is as close as our daily commute," said Clinton, adding that people around the world admired the "famous resilience" of the British in the wake of last week's terrorist attacks.

When it came to the economy, Clinton accused the Bush administration of focusing on helping the wealthy while hurting the middle class, which she said has been key to Americans' success and stability.

She said the middle class is now being threatened by an ailing economy caused by the growing national debt, growing health care costs, the loss of pensions and the loss of manufacturing diversity. Clinton also said the U.S. needs to focus on exploring alternative energy sources to become less reliant on oil.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 09:48:54 AM »

She's sounding more "Republican" every day.  hahaha
MissCatholic

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 10:12:48 AM »

The day a Republican votes for Clinton is the day that Republicans recognise that fascism, racism and homophobia is strong in the core of the Republican party.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 10:16:03 AM »

The day a Republican votes for Clinton is the day that Republicans recognise that fascism, racism and homophobia is strong in the core of the Republican party.

Didn't say anything about Republican's voting for her.  I said that she's sounding more like a Republican . . . as in, she's trying to move herself closer to the middle to pick up the moderate/Independent votes from people who do not see through her smoke screen.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 10:16:06 AM »

I'm SOOOOO homophobic.  Get my boyfriend away from ME!!!!!!11111 lol.
MissCatholic

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »

Well i shake your hand as at least you admit it.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 10:22:53 AM »

Richius is the Arthur Finkelstein of the Atlas forum.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 10:25:41 AM »

The day the Democrats get back in power is the day they realize this kind of talk isn't making them any friends. Wink
MissCatholic

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 10:34:25 AM »

The day the Democrats get back in power is the day they realize this kind of talk isn't making them any friends. Wink

I have such a sharp tongue (reminds me of someone i dont like - oh yes Mr.Howard Dean)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 10:46:55 AM »

I have such a sharp tongue (reminds me of someone i dont like - oh yes Mr.Howard Dean)

And we see how well he's performed since losing in the primaries.  hahaha . . . that just reinforces John's statement.
MissCatholic

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 10:51:29 AM »

I didnt want John Kerry to get the nomination
I didnt want Howard Dean to be part yleader.

But i never get what i want. Just ask the people that run Republican companies and the secret service.

If you vote deomcrat its a waste of time and effort as the powers as be love a man that kills innocent people.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 11:03:06 AM »

But i never get what i want. Just ask the people that run Republican companies and the secret service.

If you vote deomcrat its a waste of time and effort as the powers as be love a man that kills innocent people.

Yet again you've proven John's point.  Complaining will get you nowhere.  Fighting will get you nowhere.  What will is positive action towards improvement.  Referencing the thread on Unions, this is what the conservatives in the unions have done.  They've stated that the Union cannot speak for nor endorse Democratic candidates in their name, and have worked towards removing that influence from the Union leaders.  The Democrats can do the same thing in numerous areas, but lately all they want to do is be 'sharped-tongue' and insult and complain.  All that does is drive moderates and independents like me further away from your cause rather than pull us in.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 11:44:25 AM »

All that does is drive moderates and independents like me further away from your cause rather than pull us in.

Do Fox News and the policies of George Bush pull you into the Republican party?
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 11:52:08 AM »

I thought she was in favor of gun control...
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005, 12:02:14 PM »

Somehow, I think your brain is missing.  How can I have an unnatural fear of homosexuals when I ... , nevermind.  You're lost.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2005, 12:15:46 PM »

All that does is drive moderates and independents like me further away from your cause rather than pull us in.

Do Fox News and the policies of George Bush pull you into the Republican party?

Not at all.  I vote for those who best fit my view of what America should be.  Kerry, Badnarik, Nader, et al fell short.

(And as I stated numerous times in the past, I watch/read numerous sources for my news.)
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2005, 12:43:24 PM »

You never get what you want? How do you think we Libertarians feel? Let me make a suggestion that usually helps me; Go have a beer and try to think about something else. Smiley
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2005, 12:44:15 PM »

You never get what you want? How do you think we Libertarians feel? Let me make a suggestion that usually helps me; Go have a beer and try to think about something else. Smiley

hehehe . . . just don't choose your candidates after having a few beers.  Wink
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2005, 03:19:44 PM »

I'm SOOOOO homophobic.  Get my boyfriend away from ME!!!!!!11111 lol.

Somehow, I think your brain is missing.  How can I have an unnatural fear of homosexuals when I ... , nevermind.  You're lost.

Well, you did spend those seven years of your life attempting to run away from yourself.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2005, 04:55:59 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2005, 05:17:36 PM by Defarge »

I'm SOOOOO homophobic.  Get my boyfriend away from ME!!!!!!11111 lol.

Richius is the Arthur Finkelstein of the Atlas forum.
My friend is actually a nephew of Arthur Finkelstein.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2005, 08:09:42 PM »

hehehe . . . just don't choose your candidates after having a few beers.  Wink

LOL  If I was plastered out of my mind I could still pick better candidates than the cast of characters we have in office now!
MissCatholic

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2005, 03:50:25 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

During the week, i cant help but crack open a beerand watch Fox news to see what Character Assassination Brit Hume and his pals are going to do today. Yesterday they tried linking Bin Laden to Hussein. I'm told that if i drink beer then i could go to hell by the same fundemental christians that enjoy blowing up abortion clinics - domestic terrorism, republicans call it righteous - so i have to montior my drinking levels or heaven forbid i could end up like Mr. Bush!

Considerring my moaning without thinking about Libertarians. When was the last time you had someone elected into Congress or the senate? I give you a hug!!!!!!!!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2005, 03:52:37 AM »

Has Alfred E Neuman filed for libel already?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2005, 07:30:21 AM »

Hillary's just trying to get maker herself look like she's a moderate and it will look like it's working, until election time. If she wins the primaries she'll have a very hard time in the election.
TX_1824
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2005, 03:30:03 PM »

I voted for Clinton in 1996. Oops! Another stupid over-generalized argument.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies