Opinion of Hagrid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:17:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Hagrid
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 87

Author Topic: Opinion of Hagrid  (Read 2473 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2016, 01:18:06 PM »

CrabCake, out of respect for you kept silent during the campaign, but please change your sig. It gives me creeps.

any better now?

I miss Stalin Sad
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2016, 01:47:06 PM »

CrabCake, out of respect for you kept silent during the campaign, but please change your sig. It gives me creeps.

any better now?

I miss Stalin Sad

Rare remark for a Pole!
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2016, 03:23:18 PM »

any better now?

I miss Stalin Sad

Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2016, 03:48:31 PM »

Well, he gave us this awesome gift:

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2016, 03:55:19 PM »

Hagrid is living proof that you can be an FF and have your head up your behind at the same time.

When I was his age, I spent a number of years in that condition.  It takes years of working hard and struggling, supporting a family, and dealing with the heartaches and problems of others that you are responsible for to truly appreciate the wisdom of those who work harder than you, but are less educated.  I was a college know-it-all who once aspired to be the kind of politician that Alan Grayson is now.  He'll probably consider someone like me his role model when he's 60.

Oh, and I made snotty comments about conservative working folks in Letters to the Editor back in the day.  Thank God there wasn't an internet to where I could have totally buried myself.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2016, 07:02:50 PM »

But how can I be expected to understand and empathize with someone who openly bashes my demographic often?

"how can hagrid be expected to understand and empathize with a demographic that has been the driving force of the dæmonization and persecution of his own?" was more or less my point

not asking you to agree with him – and i'm certainly gonna be trying to moderate my own more-divisive rhetoric over the next few years – but i hope you try to understand where he's coming from.

I think that's fair in theory, but it looks worse because we don't really have any "WWC" posters here who display open hatred for Hagrid's demographic (even Santender, LOL), while we have quite a few posters who do it the other way.  And, remember, Atlas is all that matters.
This is sort of the point I'm trying to communicate. I totally get what Evergreen is saying and I see her point as well. But here on Atlas no one is persecuting Hagrid because of his background, lifestyle or culture. But we have a good number of posters who are more than willing to denigrate a culture that I hold quite dear.

I don't hold Yankee culture in too high of a regard. It's just not for me. But I will never (unironically) use hurtful slurs in their direction or seek to downplay their role in society.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies