Opinion of Hagrid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:30:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Hagrid
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 87

Author Topic: Opinion of Hagrid  (Read 2469 times)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2016, 08:39:41 PM »

Ironically, for his love of Hillary, it's people exactly like him and of his mindset that caused her to lose.  So basically it's his fault.
No, just no.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2016, 08:44:38 PM »

Ironically, for his love of Hillary, it's people exactly like him and of his mindset that caused her to lose.  So basically it's his fault.

If only there hadn't been so many people who loved Hillary Clinton, she might have gotten more votes.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2016, 09:01:02 PM »

If only there hadn't been so many people who loved Hillary Clinton, she might have gotten more votes.

Well, if they/we had been less of elitist, demeaning assholes, that's probably true.

(HP by the way)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2016, 10:07:25 PM »

Meh.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2016, 10:30:06 PM »

No, just no.
Jerry don't deny your culpability here.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2016, 10:54:11 PM »

No, just no.

Into the basket with you both.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2016, 10:58:18 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2016, 11:04:29 PM by DavidB. »

He has said some things that were less PC, but aren't Trump supporters supposed to love that stuff? Hagrid has a good heart and I agree with him more and more often. Also nice to see someone who hasn't been talking trash about Hillary from the moment that she lost. FF.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2016, 12:55:43 AM »

HP for blaming my family and the community of my family members, and some of my friends, for Trump winning. I don't know anyone who openly backed him, nobody I know wears shirts with "Trump that B*tch", but we're all "misogynistic filth" (he LITERALLY said that) because we're all too busy WORKING to SURVIVE instead of worshiping at the grand alter of Hillary Clinton who's like totally a fucking saint. He thinks that we are filth because we're (referring to WWC in general) are too busy scrambling every day trying to take care of little children in single parent households to be bothered to spend hours fact checking statements people make during the debates or the media which is not supposed to be biased. I do hope to live a better life than some of my family members but to spit on them from on high in a wealthy ultra gentrified part of world where people are priced out of their homes by businessmen from across the sea and riot after losing hockey games is deplorable.

I never liked him, but even with an HP vote he's not the worst person on the forum. He's just no friend to me, and I hope to see him very unhappy four years down the line with the direction the Democrats go in. Because, if the Democrats listen to elitist embittered snobs like him, they will lose again and deserve it.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2016, 06:52:36 AM »

Typical Vancouverite (HP)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2016, 07:06:14 AM »

Yorkshire mining families would canvass for Thatcher if she were running against him.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2016, 08:28:05 AM »

I've never had such a break with a poster who I once considered in the upper tier. I'm very disappointed that he is so personally involved in an election where he has nothing at stake other than street-cred with his lefty friends, and is willing to be so hostile and negative to those who dissent. He's like a cartoonish Ayn Rand novel villain who just spits out venomous, elitist talking points. Rand in her novels often used them as a foil of sorts to make her less than savory protagonists look better by comparison. I never thought a real person could act or sound as foolish as the Ellsworth Toohey and Lillian Reardens.

F-ck you all for forcing me to come back out of exile for a single post.

If you think Hagrid is an HP you have no joy in your heart. There is literally nothing wrong with this kid. Nothing. He does nothing to slight anyone. He's been through a lot personally and in many things has done a complete 180. That's not an easy thing to do, and unlike most posters on here has 180ed in a way that actually doesn't make him a crucifix clutching asshole. When I drop by on Facebook he's happy. He's enjoying life and doing and experiencing new things. Let him feel for f-cks sake.
I guess us "stupid rubes" aren't the most forgiving folks.

do you think he might, perhaps, share a similar feeling?
Afleitch and Hagrid talking about "joyful hearts" is rather hilarious. You both seem so miserable when the world around you which you describe to the rest of us has seemingly never been better. I'm glad to see that it only took a few days for you to return as I predicted, though.
i did literally say that. maybe it wasn't here tho ㄟ(ツ)ㄏ
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2016, 09:55:55 AM »

I like him, but he is veering into IceSpear style bigotry.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2016, 10:01:35 AM »
« Edited: November 15, 2016, 10:03:13 AM by I support IRV »

F-ck you all for forcing me to come back out of exile for a single post.

If you think Hagrid is an HP you have no joy in your heart. There is literally nothing wrong with this kid. Nothing. He does nothing to slight anyone. He's been through a lot personally and in many things has done a complete 180. That's not an easy thing to do, and unlike most posters on here has 180ed in a way that actually doesn't make him a crucifix clutching asshole. When I drop by on Facebook he's happy. He's enjoying life and doing and experiencing new things. Let him feel for f-cks sake.
Atlas has never been a nice place to visit, and these kinds of polls are always meanspirited. I have always said that this site should have some kind of warning.. "Abandon hope all ye who enter here" or something like that. If you think that it's a nice place, think again.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2016, 03:41:41 PM »

As someone who has had a personal history with the guy on this forum (especially with atlasia related sh*t) I vote FF. We've had our disagreements over the years but I genuinely believe he's a good dude. I also appreciate the fact that he has come to see the light as far as US politics is concerned for the most part. (Even if I don't like some of his recent statements regarding white working class people)

You not liking his hateful posts about those people isn't horribly different than a Republican "not liking" Trump's campaign rhetoric but still voting for him because she thought a $15 minimum wage would drive her dad's local restaurant out of business, and she's a hypothetical voter that would almost surely be condemned here.

I've never condemned anyone for voting for Donald Trump, unless they state it was explicitly for racist reasons. I attempted to warn them that I believe he is a master con artist and a horrible person, but I never told anyone that they were for supporting him. I have many friends who indeed did vote for Mr. Trump, and while I did everything I could to convince them not to do so, ultimately it was there decision and their right to do so. And no, I really don't think that Hagrid actually hates people for voting for Trump, I personally made some statements to friends of mine on election night as the results showed Trump taking the election that I really didn't mean, everyone knows the tempers that flared in this race. Being a die-hard Clinton supporter he is extremely disappointed over the results as I imagine most democrats were.

I tried to warn people that statements like this:

LOL, Whites in Philadelphia are at least as racist as Whites in WV; it's really not relevant that they're also liberal...?

gr8 b8 m8

Am I totally misinformed that Whites in inner cities of the East Coast have had a very, very dubious history with race problems?

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought we were discussing the present day. Next you'll tell me about how virtuous and non racist West Virginia is due to an event from 150 years ago. Roll Eyes

Were going to do nothing to help the Democrats this fall. I mean sure, it was only some dude on an internet forum who said such things, but the general attitude held by working class white voters in the midwest sure seemed to indicate that they felt the national party held a similar opinion of them. But as far as I can remember I don't really recall Hagrid making remarks like that before the election, and I'd argue that he doesn't really feel that way, he's just very upset with the results, like many people are.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2016, 09:16:24 PM »

You can't really blame him for being emotional about a candidate he believed so strongly in. I just feel he needs a hug and some time.

Sure it's terrible to look down on white working class people (something which unfortunately is way too common here and on the left in general) but most of us have probably said stupid things when angry or upset.

I liked him when he was Conservative, I like him now that he's... Liberal... ? whatever he is now.

FF!   
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2016, 10:05:51 PM »

Rockefeller Republican who mistakenly thinks he's a Democrat because Republicans are too insane and rednecky to really fit him and his cosmopolitan worldview/lifestyle and Hillary = YAAAS QUEEN.

Probably a decent/bright person IRL, but his neoliberal/elitist posts need to be hidden from middle america if we are to win again, and furthermore as one of those davos types he will be one of the first Democrats against the wall after the revolution+purge begins hahahaha.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2016, 10:07:58 PM »
« Edited: November 17, 2016, 06:37:07 AM by White Trash »

I may be speaking entirely without context, and I will apologize and withdraw my point if that is the case. But how can I be expected to understand and empathize with someone who openly bashes my demographic often, because "they've been having a tough time"?

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2016, 10:12:00 PM »

The "Opinion of Hagrid" poll is too close to call.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2016, 10:14:13 PM »

From my own interactions with Hagrid I see him as someone whose heart is in the right place. I disagree frequently with his certain attitudes and I haven't been afraid to say so. He's certainly far from the level of obsessive hatred displayed by IceSpear, for example.

Raphael makes a good point, though: this kind of talk is another factor that drives the certain demographics away from the Democrats.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2016, 12:55:31 AM »

Rockefeller Republican who mistakenly thinks he's a Democrat because Republicans are too insane and rednecky to really fit him and his cosmopolitan worldview/lifestyle and Hillary = YAAAS QUEEN.

Probably a decent/bright person IRL, but his neoliberal/elitist posts need to be hidden from middle america if we are to win again, and furthermore as one of those davos types he will be one of the first Democrats against the wall after the revolution+purge begins hahahaha.

if it's any consolation, I highly doubt middle America are at severe risk of collectively stumbling upon Hagrid's posting history.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2016, 01:45:50 AM »

CrabCake, out of respect for you kept silent during the campaign, but please change your sig. It gives me creeps.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2016, 11:27:53 AM »

But how can I be expected to understand and empathize with someone who openly bashes my demographic often?

"how can hagrid be expected to understand and empathize with a demographic that has been the driving force of the dæmonization and persecution of his own?" was more or less my point

not asking you to agree with him – and i'm certainly gonna be trying to moderate my own more-divisive rhetoric over the next few years – but i hope you try to understand where he's coming from.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2016, 12:44:11 PM »

But how can I be expected to understand and empathize with someone who openly bashes my demographic often?

"how can hagrid be expected to understand and empathize with a demographic that has been the driving force of the dæmonization and persecution of his own?" was more or less my point

not asking you to agree with him – and i'm certainly gonna be trying to moderate my own more-divisive rhetoric over the next few years – but i hope you try to understand where he's coming from.

I think that's fair in theory, but it looks worse because we don't really have any "WWC" posters here who display open hatred for Hagrid's demographic (even Santender, LOL), while we have quite a few posters who do it the other way.  And, remember, Atlas is all that matters.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2016, 12:50:58 PM »

He's a good person, though I'm not a fan of his content.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2016, 01:14:40 PM »

CrabCake, out of respect for you kept silent during the campaign, but please change your sig. It gives me creeps.

any better now?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies