Opinion of Hagrid (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:36:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Hagrid (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 87

Author Topic: Opinion of Hagrid  (Read 2531 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« on: November 14, 2016, 03:54:43 PM »

As someone who has had a personal history with the guy on this forum (especially with atlasia related sh*t) I vote FF. We've had our disagreements over the years but I genuinely believe he's a good dude. I also appreciate the fact that he has come to see the light as far as US politics is concerned for the most part. (Even if I don't like some of his recent statements regarding white working class people)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 03:41:41 PM »

As someone who has had a personal history with the guy on this forum (especially with atlasia related sh*t) I vote FF. We've had our disagreements over the years but I genuinely believe he's a good dude. I also appreciate the fact that he has come to see the light as far as US politics is concerned for the most part. (Even if I don't like some of his recent statements regarding white working class people)

You not liking his hateful posts about those people isn't horribly different than a Republican "not liking" Trump's campaign rhetoric but still voting for him because she thought a $15 minimum wage would drive her dad's local restaurant out of business, and she's a hypothetical voter that would almost surely be condemned here.

I've never condemned anyone for voting for Donald Trump, unless they state it was explicitly for racist reasons. I attempted to warn them that I believe he is a master con artist and a horrible person, but I never told anyone that they were for supporting him. I have many friends who indeed did vote for Mr. Trump, and while I did everything I could to convince them not to do so, ultimately it was there decision and their right to do so. And no, I really don't think that Hagrid actually hates people for voting for Trump, I personally made some statements to friends of mine on election night as the results showed Trump taking the election that I really didn't mean, everyone knows the tempers that flared in this race. Being a die-hard Clinton supporter he is extremely disappointed over the results as I imagine most democrats were.

I tried to warn people that statements like this:

LOL, Whites in Philadelphia are at least as racist as Whites in WV; it's really not relevant that they're also liberal...?

gr8 b8 m8

Am I totally misinformed that Whites in inner cities of the East Coast have had a very, very dubious history with race problems?

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought we were discussing the present day. Next you'll tell me about how virtuous and non racist West Virginia is due to an event from 150 years ago. Roll Eyes

Were going to do nothing to help the Democrats this fall. I mean sure, it was only some dude on an internet forum who said such things, but the general attitude held by working class white voters in the midwest sure seemed to indicate that they felt the national party held a similar opinion of them. But as far as I can remember I don't really recall Hagrid making remarks like that before the election, and I'd argue that he doesn't really feel that way, he's just very upset with the results, like many people are.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies