Don't assume the mood of the electorate too soon (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:36:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Don't assume the mood of the electorate too soon (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Don't assume the mood of the electorate too soon  (Read 551 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« on: November 14, 2016, 09:51:38 AM »
« edited: November 14, 2016, 09:53:59 AM by Dereich »

I see a lot of people pre-crowning Bernie or Warren everywhere and it strikes me as trying to re-fight 2016 in advance. Do you really think this is going to happen? Think about the next four years: we will have to watch Trump flinging himself against the system constantly. We will see him (probably) replacing insiders with inexperienced firebrands and family members. We will see him create whatever mess he can imagine in foreign and trade policy.

Is it really guaranteed that after all that the electorate will want someone angry who will shake up the system? I think its just as possible that after four years of THAT the winning pitch will be something like "I am a NORMAL person who will actually achieve things by using the system, unlike this guy." I'm not sure who our Hollande would be, but I think Democrats are making a mistake in automatically assuming the same kind of anger in the future electorate. What are the justifications for making that assumption?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies