The role of Trump's "ironic supporters"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:51:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The role of Trump's "ironic supporters"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The role of Trump's "ironic supporters"  (Read 383 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 15, 2016, 04:10:06 AM »

I wonder whether so called Trump's "ironic supporters" unwittingly played a larger role here. They might not have ended up voting for him, but did their hype helped Trump to get there?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 04:12:54 AM »

I wonder whether so called Trump's "ironic supporters" unwittingly played a larger role here. They might not have ended up voting for him, but did their hype helped Trump to get there?
Nope, we didn't do it sorry.
If someone thinks that my anti-Rubio and anti-Jeb memes actually helped Trump they couldn't be more wrong.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 05:12:25 AM »

I am a fairly ironic Trump supporter, as I don't support any of Trump's proclaimed policy proposals.

However, I am also a true supporter at the same time, since I don't believe Trump will implement any of his proclaimed policy proposals I disagree with.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 09:34:08 AM »

I have no idea what "ironic" Trump supporter means, but if it means that people wanted Trump because he would lose while the others might win, well obviously they were wrong. Who would have thought during the primaries that Trump might actually win? Wanting him to win the nomination because he would lose the election was foolish (in hindsight) and saying that  Hillary was better than Bernie because the former would win and the latter would lose was equally foolish as I pointed out at the time. I can't prove that the Bern would have won, but we now know that supporting Clinton because she would win and the Bern would lose, has been proven false.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 09:36:19 AM »

I am a fairly ironic Trump supporter, as I don't support any of Trump's proclaimed policy proposals.

However, I am also a true supporter at the same time, since I don't believe Trump will implement any of his proclaimed policy proposals I disagree with.

This makes perfect sense but is also everything wrong with our politics, our culture, and our morals as a people.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 09:38:13 AM »

That position seems a little hard to defend. I didn't vote for Clinton because she is too hawkish. I decided to vote "for" someone with whom I agreed than simply vote against someone that I thought would be horrible, and though we won't know how horrible Trump will be for sure until Jan 20, we certainly have a good idea considering the kind of far right people with whom he is surrounding himself and bringing to his team (his VP choice is no moderate).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies